Would tiktok be banned in the US?

• I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, we value being an open & transparent society that doesn't usually ban things for purely political reasons. On the other hand, China hates us and actively bans all our stuff, which is the main reason they even have their own social media platforms instead of using ours like so much of the rest of the world, so why not return the favor?

• You should ban drugs or guns in America not a damn website that is just like Youtube

We did ban drugs. A long time ago. It created the illegal drug trade and lead to the incarceration of millions of people. Did you think they were perfectly legal? ?(

Guns won't be banned any time soon. The political climate (and the sheer abundance of guns) doesn't allow for it.

Edited once, last by xviper2k ().

• Should (TikTok) it be banned in the US?

apnews.com/article/tiktok-ban-congress-hearing-bytedance-china-biden-ceo

Gap grows between (USA Citizen) TikTok users ...

And (USA Government = USA HOUSE Reps.) Lawmakers ...

on potential ban ; 2023.03.26

As to TikTok = Banned in USA ... I would choose a 'NO' on it ...

BUT , *no problem* for say USA Government to make *note* (communicate) that TikTok.com = PRChina Business Firm ... And fine , to communicate any *concerns* that USA Government has about TikTok and PRChina ... IF that TikTok.com started doing 'hacker' style activities , directed at USA Citizens , that would make it

a bit more to consider.

IF you wanted to BAN TikTok in USA , I would choose to do that

with say a *two years* WARNING period that TikTok will be 'closed out'

for USA users ... That way , USA Citizens can *plan* ahead to make

a reasonable transition to a different website that accomplishes

much the same as TikTok.com does it now.

Edited 9 times, last by krell ().

• I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, we value being an open & transparent society that doesn't usually ban things for purely political reasons. On the other hand, China hates us and actively bans all our stuff, which is the main reason they even have their own social media platforms instead of using ours like so much of the rest of the world, so why not return the favor?

Agreed. They do ban lots of Western stuff in China and then make their own versions of it that they can control.

So, they can miss me with the underdog narrative in this case.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!