Have you ever had a wake-up call or reality check as a Kpop fan?

• Do ever get any reality checks? 5

The result is only visible to the participants.

If yes, then when was it?

For me, the very first time it happened was at the very beginning of my Kpop stan life after discovering Yoona and Krystal through their dramas and their link to Jessica who had just been kicked out.

1. 2015. I discovered Jessica and everything she talked about had something to do with getting betrayed. So, I got into Kpop knowing how hard it can be for idols. It stopped me from getting too much into it. I stanned BTS, BAP and Seventeen one after another until 2017 when I found Exo. Everything changed. I got deep into it coz of their vocals, visuals, WOLF(so different but fun) etc. Through Exo, I found SM style and I was so glad I found something new and fun.

2. The popular and talented idols and their deaths. Previously, it all seemed like diamonds and roses but with a grain of salt because of Jessica until those idols died. Since then, I argue and stan less than I used too.

Those events changed how I stan and as I got and insight into how idols live their lives as celebrities, their relationships with their labels and their family life, I realised that it's not deep until it really is so...

I think I am a better Kpop Stan now :red-heart:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, to get out of it and not be so obsessed with it, also to ditch a particular second gen group about 3 years ago. It was growing up time and the best thing I've done. It was consuming my life and not very healthy. My daughter was glad I made this decision too.

• yeah, as i went thru college and graduation and being surrounded by skilled people all competing to reach the top, i realized how subpar kpop idols' skills are

like if they were employed professionals judged based on their skills, 99% of them would be fired, or not even hired in the first place

this really really killed my passion for kpop

the teams of people working behind them to make them popular are the ones who deserve nearly all of the credit

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• so u r an ex-army :pepe-notes:

No, I never was into them. A friend recommended them and I tried listening to their music and it was good but not enough for me to fully get into them. So I was a casual listener.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, to get out of it and not be so obsessed with it, also to ditch a particular second gen group about 3 years ago. It was growing up time and the best thing I've done. It was consuming my life and not very healthy. My daughter was glad I made this decision too.

I'm happy for you :finger-heart:

• yeah, as i went thru college and graduation and being surrounded by skilled people all competing to reach the top, I realized how subpar kpop idols' skills are

like if they were employed professionals judged based on their skills, 99% of them would be fired, or not even hired in the first place

this killed my passion for kpop

the teams of people working behind them to make them popular are the ones who deserve nearly all of the credit

I agree that it takes serious talent to turn an ordinary person into an idol that people can be obsessed with for decades.

• not really

I never had rose colored glasses on when it came to kpop, the problems of the industry were always out in the open

External Content www.youtube.com

• not really

I never had rose colored glasses on when it came to kpop, the problems of the industry were always out in the open

Lucky you.

• Yes: Don't take any group too seriously - as they will disappear the moment their company sees no profitable path forward.

It's just a business model - recruit adolescent visuals, spend a few years teaching them to sing and dance to an adequate level, or make them rappers if they can't sing or dance, then replace them with younger editions if they fail to gain attention - or as soon as the 13-year-old fan base loses interest and stops paying.

• Yes: Don't take any group too seriously - as they will disappear the moment their company sees no profitable path forward.

It's just a business model - recruit adolescent visuals, spend a few years teaching them to sing and dance to an adequate level or make them rappers if they can't sing or dance, then replace them with younger editions if they fail to gain attention - or as soon as the 13-year-old fan base loses interest and stops paying.

Thats very good advice.

• Those who are still living the illusion will hate you for telling the truth…hater..baiter…troll…creep….psycho

I think telling the truth is ok as long as it's not disrespectful. Sometimes truth-tellers attack, belittle, downplay, etc other people and their favs in the name of telling the truth.

And I know what you mean. In my ult's fandom, there are things I still can't say because people easily get offended for being told the truth.

Recently I got called a hater for admitting that some senior idols are richer than my favs. 😆 It was so funny. I was also a hater for mentioning the obvious that LSM was in charge of my fav's music production.

Delusion can be so real sometimes.

• Lucky you.

Entertainment industries are not known to be clean

Having any other expectation is just setting yourself up for disappointment later on

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!