I wonder why people said that Newjeans won't age well

• Is it because of their youth concept? I think it's easier for them to change to a more mature concept with their current concept compared to a group that debuted with a cute concept. The core of their songs alone is rnb, so their songs are not childish or too cute that maybe some people think is not suitable for the girls anymore when they're older. Even when they matured their concept in the future, they still can cb with songs like Ditto or Omg because the youth concept is not in their songs but in their mv and styling. If they change Ditto mv from school to office or college setting, it still works. If they change Omg mv to something elegant, it still works too. Out of their songs, only Hype boy giving that kinda childish feeling.

There is no guarantee what will happen in the future. Some people make some older groups as an example, but one thing that some people forget is that new concept is not the only reason those groups are not doing well on charts. I refuse to believe if Twice matured their concept and cb with song like Psycho by Rv for example, they won't break the charts.

So in my conclusion, for Newjeans their songs will not be the problems actually, their rnb core save them. It's their group's image transformation that Ador needs to figure out how to do it well. But if they doing something like how Bts grow from their youth concept in term of mv and the group image, they will be fine.

• They seem talented so I am sure can change concept.

However what works extremely well in Korea doesn't necessarily work elsewhere, and can impede a group. They did really well in Spotify globally, but it may only be because they bought into many global playlists, which most groups normally do not do.

• it remains to be seen too early from now to tell
    if Newjeans popularity among gen public could hold in the long run
    maybe for a KPOP GG the avg run of their prime is 2-3 yrs until it regression

let see what type of song or concept they release in the earlier part of their career

my perception is
    if they can release song w different concept

and still love by gen public this more likely
    will put them last longer in the process

means they could change or different type of concept without losing their identity and love by gen public

more likely
    the loyal or die hard fans will still buy album or streaming their song
    the question is
    it remains to be seen if the gen public , multi fans etc could be as loyal as their die hard fans

• wishful thinking probably lol

people who talk about their playlisting have to realise they broke international 4th gen records without any before they even got on the playlists. And they're clearly amassing a huge fanbase, just look at their Youtube channel, instagram engagement, album sales, etc. People are just in denial if they think they're just trendy without a big fanbase. Nobody stays trendy forever, obviously, but the constant doomposting about NJ is ridiculous.

• I can't talk about their songs because I never heard omg and I watched "ditto" only once

What i can say is their mv and clothes are very teenage..and thats how i see them

Now, in the future, if I see them with clothes and a concept like G-idle, I may be confused but not surprised

Everything will depend on the transition

~*~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!