SEVENTEEN/ BSS are in their digimon era ngl

• The title may be a little stretch (saying it to be humble), but Seventeen/ BSS really popped off this year, it’s genuinely mind-boggling how a comeback that was meant for laughs and jokes between the artist and its fanbase received such great response overall. Hence, I decided to share their 2023 records with everyone.

SVT/ BSS’s 1st single album ‘Second Wind’ records so far (February 24th, 2023):

• Their title track ‘Fighting’ debuted straight into the Top 10 of Melon Top 100 chart to reaching a peak of #2 on Melon Top 100 and #1 on Melon Real-time chart.
    • Their peak positions on the k-daily charts are also very noteworthy:

Melon Daily: #4 (is expected to rise to #4)

BUGs Daily: #4 (is expected to rise)

Genie Daily: #9 (they are the first boy group to enter the top 10 in 2023)

VIBE Daily: #10 (they are the first boy group to breech the top 10 of this chart in 2023)

• ‘Fighting’ also recorded a position of #9 on Melon Weekly chart and #5 on Circle Digital chart upon debut.
    • On Melon Weekly chart is has reached a peak of #5.
    • The song has surpassed over 1M unique listeners on Melon within 17 days of tracking, making them the first boy group to achieve this milestone within 2023.
    • ‘Fighting’ has surpassed 260k in real-time ULs on Melon, and it is the first song by a boy group to do so since July 2022’s Yet To Come and Still Life (and is expected to keep rising).
    • It has officially surpassed 270k real-time ULs. It remains as the song with the highest ULs peak by a boy group this year.
    • ‘Second Wind’ has sold over 720k copies alone on the Circle Chart, setting a new record of the best selling album by a sub-unit in K-pop history.
    • To add on, ‘Second Wind’ also holds the record for the highest 1st day sales with 478k copies sold, along with the highest 1st week album sales with 610k copies sold for a sub-unit.
    • BSS is also the first group to get a grand slam on music shows, along with holding the title of most music show wins this year with a 2023 song.
    • BSS’ ‘Fighting’ became the 1ST AND ONLY Korean song on Billboard Japan’s Top 100 to debut at #1 with no accompanying Japanese version in history!
    • ‘Second Wind’ has also surpassed 200k digital sales in China, and it is the best-selling single by a K-pop act in the country.
    • Lastly, do I even have to mention how popular the Fighting challenge has become amongst idols and fans alike? Like, who hasn’t done the fighting challenge at this point?

Congratulations SVT/ BSS for everything you’ve achieved and will continue to accomplish. I’m so proud of them and their consistent growth. SVT fighting!

• Imagine if both SVT and BSS get nominated for best male group at MMA because of no BTS (and likely no BIGBANG) this year.

They both (SVT/ BSS) honestly have a huge shot at it this year, and so does NCT Dream w/ how Candy is rolling on charts. They will likely be competing with each other fiercely it seems.

+ though, on the sad side, we won’t be getting any BTS comeback and that honestly feels so weird. I still don’t how to feel about that emptiness, but at least we still get to see amazing solo projects by the members!

• They both (SVT/ BSS) honestly have a huge shot at it this year, and so does NCT Dream w/ how Candy is rolling on charts. They will likely be competing with each other fiercely it seems.

+ though, on the sad side, we won’t be getting any BTS comeback and that honestly feels so weird. I still don’t how to feel about that emptiness, but at least we still get to see amazing solo projects by the members!

TXT has also shown great results with Sugar Rush Ride, I think we already have most of the best male group contenders.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• the fact that svt's highest peak on melon daily was like 14th and fighting is at 5th place rn ;(

ALSO BESTIE I MISSED YOU HOW ARE U DOING

No, like now svt NEEDS to fight back— they can’t just sit and take this. I will not allow this to happened.

AND AWWH, I MISSED YOU TOO BESTIE! I am honestly doing well, thank you for asking. I wasn’t very active before since I had to get used to the first semester of my very first year of uni. To be honest, that was absolutely hell—did so bad on the midterms, but this semester I am finally redeeming myself. But, yeah, that’s all there is to me. Tell me about yourself, how have you been and what you’ve been up to?

• This song is being a literal hit song and I'm not sure If people are noticing because they are used to see Seventeen's fandom spamming the charts. I'm not seeing anyone talking about this. But this is a legit hit. The performance is well balanced in all the plataforms.

Yeah, it definitely is a hit and if it continues to remains stable as it is right now (it’s iterally only surviving on 1 week promotions), it will definitely cement its spot as a hit and especially SOTY contender for the year end awards!

It’s baffling how Carats went all-out for this comeback, and the response they received from the GP is astonishing. It’s a very pleasant combo.

• Adding onto the original thread:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

Fighting is already very viral in SoKor rn, but a little more push doesn’t hurt.

• Happy ‘Fighting’ 7th music show win

• BSS really outdid SVT here, but im assuming it will be a lot bigger for svt when they comeback if a subunit is receiving this response in China.

• At the rate they are climbing, they might even surpass their svt sunbaenim XD

MassiveKpopFan look at this! :omgr:

It has overtaken the Even Horizon and reached a new peak on melon daily chart, now it’s just below NJ songs!

FIGHTING HAS OFFICIALLY HIT A “PERFECT DAILY TOP 10 ALL-KILL” SHJDJDKDKD

• Man they are doing so well!!! CONGRATS!!! Do you think they are planning to continue subunits or next cb as a group?

Awwh, tysm!

Honestly, Seventeen doesn’t do many subunit promotions and if they do it’s never for long. This one only had one week of promotions and then they dipped. in fact, this comeback was just meant as a semi-joke + appetizer for carats before their fan meetings in Korea and Japan.

Hopefully they see the response Fighting is getting and give the trio more promotions, that will be nice to see!

YASSS NEW PEAK ON BUGS AND GENIE WEEKLY CHART

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!