Why are kpop fans so extra?

• No fan of any other music genre would burn all their favorite groups albums if it ever got out they were bullies or assholes.

It's just fucking music. And its yo own damn fault that you worshipped human beings like they were Gods.

"Fans" burning April albums and "fans" like that guy who was trying to vandalize that building cause of the T-ara scandal need to get their life priorities in order.

Or it's just fake concern and they see it as an opportunity to try and get on news sites front page.

"Man caught running through DSP Media building completely naked and being chased by 20 midgets wielding April lightsticks as weapons as a protest to April bully scandal".

Fucking kpop fans. Smh.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• kpop fans are more emotionally invested into idols. Compared to something like Michael Jackson, kpop idols have done nothing.

True. Kpop fans are buying the idols themselves. Not the music. That's why their faves have never released a bad song.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel like once people stan kpop as a whole, they just become dumb. Most put their heart and soul into their favs, to the point where they stalk their social medias. A lot of stans feel like they have a chance dating their fav, and feel like their fav could do not wrong or harm. I dont know its hard to explain. Most Kpop fans dont really have a good head on their shoulder once they stan. I feel like they just get obsessed with a human like you said and worship them like God. It's crazy what kpop does to people. I took a break from kpop just from how toxic it is being a stan.

• I feel like this kind of behavior is more common among younger K-pop fans because when we get older we just outgrow that kind of mentality, as we have greater responsibilities. We don't have time to stalk social media and fight about who is the best K-pop group and why. Either way, it's odd to me because I got into K-pop when I was 17 but even when a scandal or some drama went down I was like just like "oh okay crazy" and I didn't rage or fight with people. The issue is honestly stan culture. It brainwashes young kids and even young adults because they're at a point in their lives where they're vulnerable and impressionable. The thing is that the K-pop industry RELIES on impressionable youth.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!