Rose - On the ground (opinion)

• Rose was the solo i was expecting the most because i always loved her voice

but On the ground is just not the good solo for rose, it was "boring"

The chorus is just bad, it doesn't go well with the rest of the song

the song quickly become boring because of the repetition of the verses , pre-chorus and chorus who are the same

they didn't even try to change the chord or add something in the instru to break this repetitive feeling , the only thing interesting in the whole song is the bridge at the end of the song

it wqs just a really bad song to choose as a solo debut for her, it sound like a Disney Selena gomez song

she should have choose to go with an upbeat ballad, like Park Bom "don't cry"

the fact that she have such a distinctive vocal tone, and choose to go with basic generic song that anybody could change and doesn't highlight her voice color is the worst choice she did to me

plus the fact that she's the main vocal and her solo was suppose to present rose as a solo artist and not rose as a blackpink member

and at the end of the song i still don't know who's rose the solo artist, because once again YG gave her the same type of song he give to Blackpink with the usual beatdrop

which is a really bad idea, considering that she's the main vocal she's suppose to take this opportunity to highlight her vocal, especially considerint all the critics she had about her vocal, she should have jump on this opportunity to try to show people that they are wrong about her vocal, but all she did was take the easy road, with a lazy song where she doesn't even sing the chorus -_-

you can attack me or whatever, my opinion will still the same

and there's no need to call me hater because i don't agree with you on rose solo

because no i love Blackpink and i'm mad that i had to wait 2 years, with a lame excuse that they are trying to prepare the best debut for her, only to find out that it was just poor excuses and they just gave her the first generic song they found in their drawer and gave it to her

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• yeah i can't concentrate reading all of this cos i'm sleep deprived but i personally LOVED IT not boring at all

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• it's alright it's just your personal opinion.

For me, I've liked them since debut, and you know what? While I do like On The Ground, it feels a bit underwhelming to me. The MV is gorgeous, just like all other Blackpink MV. Rose's voice is nice. The song though... I like Gone so much more. On The Ground is nice, but something feels missing, like I was expecting some kind of .... drop? or more bass? Or a build up. The bridge is really really nice, but I feel like the chorus can do much much more.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KEEP TALKING WE SHUT YOU DOWN.

• I will just add to this that sadly I've got similar feeling like with last Somi release

for people from Europe Rosies debut might sound like many other radio songs that we're used to listen without even knowing who's the artist, something like dialogue in kitchen:

- are they from Switzerland?

- no, no, no they are from France

dad comes in

- I've heard one is from Netherlands and other is from Sweden

whaaat?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree. I've been looking forward to Rosé's solo but I am very disappointed. Both songs are very normal. On the Ground is kinda boring and very forgettable. Where's the chorus? I've been waiting for a song where Rosé could showcase her vocals.

I expected better from not only Rosé but also teddy.

• I understand you. I like OTG, but it's just not worthy to be a title track for Rosé. I guess I'm just a victim of my own high expectations. I expected something more... emotional, upbeat? Rosé can do much much better, I'm sure. :peperain: Still a neat song though.

U5PXJsA9.png?0511
    BLΛƆKPIИK
    - Jisoo - Jennie - Rosé - Lisa - OT4

• I understand you. I like OTG, but it's just not worthy to be a title track for Rosé. I guess I'm just a victim of my own high expectations. I expected something more... emotional, upbeat? Rosé can do much much better, I'm sure. :peperain:

exactly i really expected to see her come through as Rose the solo artist, and flex her vocal and go for a more emotional upbeat song

but teddy just go with the same formula he use for bp music usually beside that the song was underwhelming

Gone is more close to what i expected form Rose

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!