Posts by SternRitter

Some of you trying really hard in your no-so-secret goal to degrade Lisa and invalidate her as talented well-established artist.

There's no such word as "low-class" in her lexicon. Period. Get it through your sick skulls.

Lisa's a gifted dancer, charismatic and versitile. She can equally ace the street dancer image and show you the artistic and high-fashion side of french burlesque culture.

Besides, her fame in China is all her merit. YG was just there doing its minimal job. So it's only fair that she should be the only one making decisions. If Lisa feels she is not comfortable being so restricted and controlled by local laws... so be it.

She achieved anything and everything. She's rich, she's successful, she's beatiful, she's loved by millions of loyal fans.

It's no longer a matter of money.

I've never in my life shipped real people. I'm mature enough to get that actors are not their characters. fanservice is sadly part of their job because fans wants to see that.

It's your own fault that you're buying what they're selling even if everyone knows it's not real

I'm buying it BECAUSE they're selling it. They know what they're doing, I know what they're doing. It's fair deal. Kinda strange, that you find it so surprising cuz we're all here in kpop are attracted in some way or form to the fantasies, they're selling. That's why they're called 'idols' after all.

Nevertheless, Jisoo can date whomever she wants. It's not her problem, it's my problem. She lives her best life and we can only be supportative and happy for her 🩷

I don't get this opinion. Just because they had chemistry in some show and are both gorgeous people doesn't mean they are attracted to each other or their personalities fit. What we see on screen is acting, we don't know what's going on real life, we don't know these people. You are essentially sad because two people who look esthetically pleasing together aren't dating. And that's weird

Oh come on, don't act like korean showbiz is not built entirely on the pilar of fancervice and parasocial relationship between idols and their young fans. It's what brings more money to the industry and it's what encouraged low-key by all idol agencies. Kdramas were never an exception, especially how they always actively promote skinship and "chemistry " behind the scenes between leading pair in order to generate more views and audience engagement for the show.

At least I'm mature enough to accept the reality and move on without negativity unlike many many other fans in kpop community.

Week 2 was so good! I mean week 1 was mind-blowing, but this one is even better. They manage to fix all the technical issues with cameras, wardrobe and backtrack. Only Jennie's mic still refused to cooperate, lmao. Overall girls seem to be much more comfy this time. Especially the second half of the performance when they give their 110% vocally and dancing. And Jisoo... just wow. She was so expressive and talkative this time on stage! I really liked when they hug first time on stage, the reaction of public was so cute.

I enjoyed bp's performance so much. We didn't get to see new songs, but oh well. It was still great 👑

Jisoo really played safe with this song both musically and vocally. Amazing visuals as always. All 2 songs are BOPs for me. Side track is even better than tt imo. Hope it will get its own MV. But I still admit, that I would prefer to see Jisoo being more brave and trying hersef in a different genres like rock or even jazz that will fit her unique voice better rather than this conventional pop music.

I don’t think it’s glorifying per se, but imo the drama kinda sells the image of being historical accurate by using real names etc but by changing things they’re kinda making fiction but passing as real, you know? I do think it’s an unusual reaction (in the sense that it has happened before in movies/series and it was ok) but the drama had so much attention, due to the stars, budget etc and blacklash from the start so I’m just confused why they would proceed like that… maybe to fit Disney+? Idk. Also I’ve thought about the possibility people in various parts of the world (my country included) have become waaay more sensitive to things like that due to the constant rise of right wing extremists in the past years trying to rewrite history

I'm also a little bit confused why so many people (authorities, disney, staff, actors, others) were ok with the original script and gave snowdrop a green light. Perhaps, they didn't expect it to be this scandalous and I wonder why.

So far, what I understand is there's no consensus in korean society on this matter, because it's a recent history + sensitive topic + modern politics.

Look, I'm a blink, but I don't speak here as a blink. I'd rather see Jisoo avoid all these scandals and I certainly won't blindly defend anything. The only reason I discuss it is because I started to watch snowdrop because of her, and nothing else.

But the reason I spoke up is that I genuinely don't understand how some people are able to judge the script without watching the whole drama (2 episodes are too early, there's simply not enough evidence that the script is propagandistic).

And no need to be hateful. I'm here to share my opinion and see if it correlates with the opinions of others. I'm okay to be enlightened on the topic by people who see it differently or know more, cuz all the discussion is for 'boycotting' and so on and I think we should at least speak a little about the whole drama issue. Maybe it's a far-fetched or maybe it's really serious.

I made a projection through my own experience. Well, maybe I was wrong to do that. My point is that sometimes people are afraid too much to look on a certain events from a different angle. There's always a "universal truth" on some topics that can't be touched. And the ones who "touch" it are frequently labelled as provocative, biased, etc.

I hope I managed to explain myself a little. Clearly I'm not fluent in english enough to express my thoughts precisely and eloquently and kpop forum is not a good place to ask such questions as well.

From what I understood it was small points like portraying real life events with twists that gloss over the actual violence from the anti-democractic movement. It's not that they're painting the bad guys as total good, but twisting some things for storytelling and people got mad over that, additionally right wingers are taking those twists to further they agenda that anti-democratics weren't that bad.

I think it's the opposite actually.

My bad, I phrased it in a wrong way. Not right-winged "nationalits" of course, but - how to say it? - am extremely sensitive or zealous group, who views it as a threat on a national level.

I got it. The main issue is that drama "softens" the image of the anti-democratic movement by not portraying / distorting facts of actual violence that took place and it also can be instrumental to the people who justify and glorify the dictatorship.

But I still think that 2 episodes are not enough to judge. It's clear to me that there was already a setting/fixation to nitpick every little thing and blow it out of proportion. And as i said before, as an outsider, so far, protesters are portrayed very positively in my eyes. And my point is that - while i understand that it can be be beneficial for authorities to distort the historical events as they like in order to manipulate masses - I also firmly believe that history should allow some variety in interpretations and also be opened for discussions.

So, I still believe that people who start a petition to cancel drama are actually not very pure in their intentions. There's not enough facts that drama is glorifying the "bad guys", just an bunch of internet warriors assumes that.

All this talk, but still nothing straight to the point. I've watched all 2 episodes and failed to see the"offensive" part in it. In fact, pro-democratic movement is actually portrayed very positively. Well, Idk if some small things are historically accurate enough, but it's not a documentary, it can acceptable in certain degree.

Besides, the drama's scriptwriter witnessed and took part in all those events herself. She has a right for her own point of view, right? And how can knetz ask for drama's cancellation if the didn't see the whole story with all the twists etc?

Let me guess, the whole fuzz comes from a relatively small but very loud and sensitive group of ultra nationalists who force their opinion on others and don't allow any discussion on past events? + bp antis came along.

Yeah, I may sound very bold and ignorant, but look, I came from a country where the historical "truth" was always strictly controlled by authorities and by these so-called ultra patriots who used force to silence any "anti-patriotic" opinion. And only recently our society started to open up for discussion, even on very sacred and sensitive topics. And the main point that there's never only black or only white in anything.

Of course, it's up to korean audiance to decide whether they like this show or not. But that would be outright stupid to cancel the drama because of the bunch of triggered knetz, who doesn't represent the whole society.

Sorry for my english.