not many groups can pull this off

• newjeans are insane 🔥

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NJ is really good but I feel most groups also didn’t have 5 title track/promoted releases in like what 6 months lol so it would be bit of a false equivalence.

But even if they did, would they rank that high.

There is something going on with the group, Hybe most be doing something right.

• But even if they did, would they rank that high.

There is something going on with the group, Hybe most be doing something right.

That’s a speculation. Tbh I consider IVE, NJ Gidle even aespa with NL and savage to be just one successful run.

Unless groups can be successful in multiple years (so if IVE does well in 2023 and NJ still does well in 2024) I consider those to be the true sustained popularity.

• That’s a speculation. Tbh I consider IVE, NJ Gidle even aespa with NL and savage to be just one successful run.

Unless groups can be successful in multiple years (so if IVE does well in 2023 and NJ still does well in 2024) I consider those to be the true sustained popularity.

What IVE and what NJ is doing is not easy to do, hits with every release. We will see how long they can keep it up.

Aespa could not do it, Gidle struggled at first, but they are finding success now.

• NJ is really good but I feel most groups also didn’t have 5 title track/promoted releases in like what 6 months lol so it would be bit of a false equivalence.

My brother/sister in christ, you absolutely cannot dismiss this accomplishment by attributing it to release schedule.

The release schedule is irrelevant if the public doesn't have a huge interest in the songs or group.

You think NewJeans is the first group to do this? Because they aren't.

They are the first group to do this kind of chart dominance basically with their debut though.

Just appreciate the history books being re-written before our very eyes.

• That's their fault, they should promote more their other tracks from the album, even when some groups releases pre-singles like BP, Twice and Aespa it didn't do this well.

Alright I just said unless a group is successful in multiple years we can’t accurately compare groups. It’s a matter of observing one more year before making judgments lol. Because we have seen this happen. In 2022 literally so many GG’s had mega hits. And multiple ones at them. Whose to say it’s not NJ riding the wave.

• No one is dismissing anything. You can say NJ did well and also wait for at least 1-2 years before crowing them. It’s called common sense.

• Do u consider EXO doesn’t have sustain popularity? Because they never come close to 2013 in term of actual hits in sk :pepe-flirt:

No they’ve had multiple hits. And multiple years of being on top. No BG was better than them in multiple spheres like album digitals, sales, Gallup rankings for multiple years whether you like it or not.

I know you’re being obtuse on purpose when I what I said is extremely easy to understand for anyone with basic comprehension. Trying to say EXO only had one successful year on top is laughable.

• No one is dismissing anything. You can say NJ did well and also wait for at least 1-2 years before crowing them. It’s called common sense.

No authentic statement of praise ever started with the phrase "they're good but..", and then you accused people of a "false equivalence" because they're taking the time to appreciate NewJeans' incredible chart dominance.

Common sense should tell you that "not many groups can pull this off" does not equate to "crowning" them. That's what we call attacking a strawman by the way.

Common sense should also tell you that it's ludicrous to tell people to wait freaking 2 years to express appreciation for what NewJeans have accomplished in a very short amount of time.

Are you even reading what you're typing?

• This is a you problem.

The title of this post is with reference to other groups and is made as a comparison to other groups ability and not just NJ’s praise. If you wanna compare you’ve gotta wait. And I stand by that.

• This is a you problem.

Examine how defensive you are, when you were the first person to respond, in the negative, to a thread that simply said NewJeans are doing amazing.

Nobody crowned them. Nobody said no group has ever dominated the charts like this before.

You were just bothered by a NewJeans praise thread and wanted to rain on the praise parade. That is the definition of a you problem.

• Examine how defensive you are, when you were the first person to respond, in the negative, to a thread that simply said NewJeans are doing amazing.

Nobody crowned them. Nobody said no group has ever dominated the charts like this before.

You were just bothered by a NewJeans praise thread and wanted to rain on the praise parade. That is the definition of a you problem.

Again this is a you problem. I’ve liked NJ and commented about it on multiple threads.

I’ve made similar claims about waiting for aespa last year, Gidle earlier this year etc. instead of taking things personally try to be more open minded.

• Again this is a you problem. I’ve liked NJ and commented about it on multiple threads.

I’ve made similar claims about waiting for aespa last year, Gidle earlier this year etc. instead of taking things personally try to be more open minded.

Your past activity in other threads is irrelevant to your behavior in this thread, which is growing more defensive by the response.

Am I the one in here blocking and personally attacking users, making baseless accusations and getting salty over things nobody even said?

You problem indeed.

It's okay to admit you are bothered by all the NewJeans praise and attempted to put things in (your) perspective, even if the attempt was misguided 8)

Obviously this exchange has run its course. Unless you're going to further explain why "NewJeans is doing amazing" and "not many groups can do this" is a false equivalence, there's no point in continuing.

• Alright I just said unless a group is successful in multiple years we can’t accurately compare groups. It’s a matter of observing one more year before making judgments lol. Because we have seen this happen. In 2022 literally so many GG’s had mega hits. And multiple ones at them. Whose to say it’s not NJ riding the wave.

And you are right, this could be just a wave, but this doesn't make it less impressive, Hype boy is 5 months old and is right there top 3 with the other ones, they are huge rn and that's impressive.

That their hype could die, ofc, and it will, they can't keep this momentum their whole career, I even say this year, like Ditto today surpassed Love Scenario's PAKs, and it could be just hype? Ofc, but that's just like every hit, you can't have a hit without having hype around it.

And let's not pretend that every gg that is debuting is pulling something like this, because no, the last debut this huge has BP's.

• This is a you problem [2]

• Gotta be honest it is iconic.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• And you are right, this could be just a wave, but this doesn't make it less impressive, Hype boy is 5 months old and is right there top 3 with the other ones, they are huge rn and that's impressive.

That their hype could die, ofc, and it will, they can't keep this momentum their whole career, I even say this year, like Ditto today surpassed Love Scenario's PAKs, and it could be just hype? Ofc, but that's just like every hit, you can't have a hit without having hype around it.

And let's not pretend that every gg that is debuting is pulling something like this, because no, the last debut this huge has BP's.

It’s really good what they’ve done not denying it. But my original point still stands. 2022 was a year where GG songs reigned supreme. And having more releases during this year helped.

• It’s really good what they’ve done not denying it. But my original point still stands. 2022 was a year where GG songs reigned supreme. And having more releases during this year helped.

Mmm, yes, but I also think that not every GG could have done it even if this is the year of gigs.

It's true that they came back quickly after seeing the success of their debut, but it doesn't make this less impressive.

And people doesn't have to wait to see how they will do in the future, because what we are admiring is the present, and no GG is doing it like them rn, no one has said they are the top 1 GG, or that they will replace X group.

That it could have happened with the other groups that also have debuted this year if they followed NJ formula? yes or not, we won't know, but that's their fault, NJ has this strong team backing them up, and they know what they have to do and it shows, why the other groups didn't promote their other tracks like them, why they don't have multiple MVs for just one song, etc., It's up to them and their company.

• I really don’t and people who actually see how I post know that now you’re looking like a fool so take this L and go away.

Sounds like a you problem.

Maybe you shouldn't take it so personally when people don't agree with your opinion on a public forum. I don't think you're cut out for this.

Literally in here with a "people know how I post!" defense, as if that justifies the trash you've put in this thread.

If this topic is indicative of how you usually post, I feel sorry for the people who had to endure that misinformed nonsense.

The court of public opinion clearly matters deeply to you. Let's review the evidence.

OP: Not many groups have done what NewJeans are doing (fact). This is amazing (also fact).

You ( :clown: ): That is a false equivalence! It's too early to crown them!!! NewJeans might be riding a wave!!!

I rest my case.

• I feel like you’re agreeing that it’s apples and oranges?

Sorry to be pedantic but how can any group pull something off they’ve never attempted? The title of the thread of not many can pull this off is sort of impossible to argue for or against lol

Sorry to be pedantic but how can any group pull something off they’ve never attempted? The title of the thread of not many can pull this off is sort of impossible to argue for or against lol

It depends on what we interpret as attempted, like as I said before BP, Twice and Aespa has had pre-releases with their own MV and promo but they didn't do this well.

Then IVE in less than a year has debuted and had 2 more comebacks with their own MV and promo and it hasn't done this well, so we can talk about how at least to a some part no group can pull something like this. They did well, they won Soty for a reason, but they hadn't the top 3 of every chart occupied.

• No.

I agree with this to be honest. That’s kind of what I was trying to say as well. Hence why having multiple good year is a better indication of GG popularity.

• I don't get what's so remotely controversial about this thread.

NewJeans is stacking up PAK hours and climbing up the all-time list for any K-Pop song ever, occupies all top 3 spots on the Melon, and one of those songs was released in July, and would probably be the top song on the charts today, if not for their own songs blocking it.

Oh, and Attention is sitting pretty in the top 10 with those other 3 songs.

This would be like BlackPink dropping Stay and Playing with Fire, and then watching both top the charts, with Boombayah rising back into the top 3 and Whistle rising back to the top 10.

Actually, scratch that. To perfectly mirror NewJeans, Whistle would actually have to surpass the initial chart topper Boombayah, and then rise to the top 3.

Insane.

But even they have never done something like this to start their careers, and no other 4th generation girl group has performed like this on the charts. Only NewJeans.

The silly complaints raised in this thread would be valid if people were using these numbers to say NewJeans is already the biggest girl group ever, but this thread was made only to praise the accomplishment itself. Which IS amazing.

And releasing a lot of music is no guarantee you'll have some of the best charting tracks in the history of the charts. Like...what?!

If you have a problem with this thread, you have some serious insecurities about the sudden, meteoric rise and dominance of NewJeans.

• It depends on what we interpret as attempted, like as I said before BP, Twice and Aespa has had pre-releases with their own MV and promo but they didn't do this well.

Then IVE in less than a year has debuted and had 2 more comebacks with their own MV and promo and it hasn't done this well, so we can talk about how at least to a some part no group can pull something like this. They did well, they won Soty for a reason, but they hadn't the top 3 of every chart occupied.

The biggest distinction is after their biggest hit and length of time right? So the time in which they have the most momentum and the quickness of it. If Twice had a pre-release before TT I think there’s a high chance it hits number one. If Aespa had a pre-release before Savage I’m pretty sure it hits number one. I’d also say the charts are different now so songs stay at the top longer if we’re comparing to Twice and Bp

• I hate it when i'm right ;( .

We are witnessing a cultural reset in the making. NJ is a perfect storm right now, blowing through the entire country and singlehandedly changing its musical direction.

2021 was The Turning, the year that ended the 2nd and 3rd generation of Kpop (Izone disbandment allowing the rest of 4th generation to shine, Next Level knocking both BTS and IU into hiatus/semi retirement, the birth of Ive as Izone's first daughter group).

2022 was the beginning of 4th generation's peak years with Idle, Ive and New Jeans leading the charge. They collectively account for FIVE national hits already, with NJ potentially adding Ditto and OMG and Ive potentially adding Eleven to make it EIGHT.

2023 will be known as the Great Cultural Reset of Kpop (New Jeans' bland y2k copy pasta songs replacing the effing AMAZINGNESS of BP/Twice EDM hip hop colorpop). Prepare to see group after group putting up the same generic RnB hip hop of the 90s and early 2000s in a desperate effort to capture some of NJ's popularity.

• The biggest distinction is after their biggest hit and length of time right? So the time in which they have the most momentum and the quickness of it. If Twice had a pre-release before TT I think there’s a high chance it hits number one. If Aespa had a pre-release before Savage I’m pretty sure it hits number one. I’d also say the charts are different now so songs stay at the top longer if we’re comparing to Twice and Bp

Then every discussion about charts on K-pop is pointless, because it will be "but if X happend Y would be", is we start question how things would be in another timeline everything is possible, and "charts aren't the same as before" well, then we keep silent and that's it because any discussion ends there.

I will repeat, if you think any group can achieve this they should try it, but if they don't it's their fault and that's it, but rn no one can top this.

• This is a you problem.

The title of this post is with reference to other groups and is made as a comparison to other groups ability and not just NJ’s praise. If you wanna compare you’ve gotta wait. And I stand by that.

just saw ur sig and who u previously were and everything just clicked into place. its akps resident bitter exol 😭😭😭

but yes my point still stands because frankly speaking, not many groups can perform this well at their debut because it's true. name one other debut that created such storm in the industry???? multiple chart hits and growing consistently with each release. and you silly im not going to wait a few years to compliment them when the point of this thread is to appreciate what newjeans achieved so early into their career. just read back on how pathetic you sound in the replies under my thread 😭 why are you so clenched all the time

• just saw ur sig and who u previously were and everything just clicked into place. its akps resident bitter exol 😭😭😭

but yes my point still stands because frankly speaking, not many groups can perform this well at their debut because it's true. name one other debut that created such storm in the industry???? multiple chart hits and growing consistently with each release. and you silly im not going to wait a few years to compliment them when the point of this thread is to appreciate what newjeans achieved so early into their career. just read back on how pathetic you sound in the replies under my thread 😭 why are you so clenched all the time

I have no idea who you are but recently you’ve made multiple threads showing you are a rabid company stan so you do you I guess. I actually said nothing other than that not everyone has as many releases as them. But no for me having one successful year is GREAT but not unheard of in kpop. I’m not sorry for sharing a fairly innocuous opinion that shouldn’t even be such a big deal.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!