IVE Summer Film and NewJeans Ditto: I love the trend towards realism in Kpop visuals

• I love both projects and groups, so this is not the place for fanwars.

I don't have a strong thesis about this, but just wanted to post about the vibes that I love~

realism, shooting on film/early digital tech, girlhood, friendship, bittersweet, possibly even magical realism, dreaminess, the slow endless march of time, Taiwanese teen films like Jay Chou's Secret

Those are aesthetic moves I hope to see more in 2023

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• I like diversity

Its not good if everyone does glamorous out of this world concepts. It will get exhausting.

• I watched Secret in my music class

• Why do i feel like starship shady as they are stole some NJ data before their debut because they felt threatened by min heejin's new Gg and came up with this summer stuff to say like see we can do it and we did it before you. Idnk, feels wierd because it's the total opposite of their gg's image and most importantly their after like release.

They got some Ditto datta and did that teasers trying to stole the attention from NJ in their debut with their group after the massive Love five success. Thinking maybe ditto was their debut song while MHJ debuted NJ with Attention. Lol i feel like MHJ trolled them all. Maybe leaking those data to divert the attention. :pepe-big-brain:

• Why do i feel like starship shady as they are stole some NJ data before their debut because they felt threatened by min heejin's new Gg and came up with this summer stuff to say like see we can do it and we did it before you. Idnk, feels wierd because it's the total opposite of their gg's image and most importantly their after like release.

They got some Ditto datta and did that teasers trying to stole the attention from NJ in their debut with their group after the massive Love five success. Thinking maybe ditto was their debut song while MHJ debuted NJ with Attention. Lol i feel like MHJ trolled them all. Maybe leaking those data to divert the attention. :pepe-big-brain:

:pepe-big-brain:

yujin.gif

:thinkerpepe:

• More to bless everyone's soul :teddy-pepe:

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!