What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?

• Listening to music, mainly K-pop - For general, probably started to listened when I heard a song :/ For K-pop, I discovered Boombayah and the rest is history

Watching Kdramas - True Beauty was released and I saw it everywhere so I decided to watch it but it's been soooo long since I last watched a kdrama

Reading Books - One time, I was at my father's classroom and I was really really bored.. and then I saw that he had this shelf with books on it so I decided to read a book and I liked it and then the next day, I told my father to get the other books on the shelf lol

Reading Webtoons - When True Beauty was still airing, waiting for new episodes was really hard like I am so impatient :pepe-life-support: so I read the webtoon while waiting but the webtoon was so long so I did not finished it lmao

What about you? :whatb:

• Reading everything - my parent loves reading a books, and they give me some kids story, a novel, etc. Growing up, I fell in love with a encyclopedia in my school's library, and I start to buy my first book, those Dinosaurs encyclopedia based on their period. Going to middle school, I met with internet and I started to binge-reading many blogs, mainly a mystery/crime and then I read mangas and comics/webtoons, also a chinese fantasy novel.

Watching cartoons, animations - yep, just like many kids at that time, who are indulged with TV ^^

And now it grows to : watching K-contents ^^

Drawing - because of watching cartoons and animation, also thanks to Yugi Oh, I started to drawing when I was a kid. But I left it and just recently picked up again to draw a portrait of idols.

Playing games - and because of internet, I learnt one of the world's joy, games. At that time there are still many .swf games and you might know some of these titles like Papa's Pizzeria, Fireboy and Watergirl, Armed with Wings, etc. After that I played Pokemon series and Persona, and now some MOBAs or online DnD.

Idk if listening to a music is my hobby because I usually listen to it while doing other things, like going home, drawing, work.

• Listening to music and singing - My family loves music. My cousins father is a music teacher, who plays a lot of instruments, my grandfather plays drums in a small local band. My uncle plays drums in a heavy metal band big enough to tour Europe regularly. My dad was a music journalist. My mother was a singer in school. So music is a big part of our lives.

Video Games - Playing video games together at home was a family past time. My dad is disabled, so we never went on trips, but we played Mario Kart or Rock Band together. My Dad gave his GameBoy to me when I turned 10 and playing with friends or my siblings became a great hobby.

Cooking - I rarely cooked, when I was younger, so I had to learn from scratch when I moved out. I moved in with some friends shortly after and because most of them were working and I was at uni, I took on most of the housework, including cooking. Good food was a luxury for me, so I started to learn about preparing the food without ruining and wasting it.

Painting by Numbers - My mental health deteriorated a few years back and I lost interest in a lot of hobbies, but my therapist suggested something creative and calm, so I tried it out and found great relaxation and satisfaction in it ^^

• Got any books to recommend? :check-bee:

Lmao yes ^^

Ooo I want to see one of your drawings now :eyes:

Yeah I was unsure about that too :clown: but I still putted it as a hobby anyways lol :wellr:

• Ooo that's so cool! Do you also play any instruments?

Ohh do you still paint by numbers now?

• I can read any books that are good!

Then would you like to try a mystery one like Agatha Christie's "And then there were none"? Or the Poirot series.

Also since you also like webtoon, maybe you could try "Solo Leveling" (there is also the novel version of it), or "Tower of God". The Tower of God are hella long so it would accompany you for days or even weeks even if you binge-reading it.

Also maybe you want to try Chinese's fantasy novel like "Paradise of Demons and Gods", "Reign of the Hunters", or "Red Packet Server"? There are some sites that are translating them like volarenovels

Also you might wanted to check out a youtube channel called Overly Sarcastic Production. There they frequently make a contents covering literature like modern classic, or just some tropes that are used in books/films. It may be a good starting point.

So.. yeah.

• Ooo I will check those out! Thank you!! :check-bee:

• So how did you got into those hobbies? ;judgingpepe:

for letter openers I hated opening letters by hand so one day I used a knife and continued to do so until my friend who saw me said you do realise there are things that open letters called letter openers right?

and I've liked letter openers ever since

for hourglasses I think I like the way the sand falls down it's calming and relaxing??

• All my hobbies have been my hobbies for many many years. I love reading since I was a small kid. My father taught me how to read before I even went to school, he used to teach me the letters and the numbers when I was very small.

I listen to music since I have memory.

Another hobby I have is learning languages, especially my favourite part is to read books or magazines, or even the newspaper in another languages.

And sadly, I used to have hobbies that I can't maintain anymore because I barely have time, like rollerblading or going to the swimming pool. I had been doing those too since I was around ten years old until I finished my degree.

I still do yoga and lift weights though, I've been doing it for more than 10 years already. I used to do pilates but I switched it to yoga.

• for letter openers I hated opening letters by hand so one day I used a knife and continued to do so until my friend who saw me said you do realise there are things that open letters called letter openers right?

and I've liked letter openers ever since

for hourglasses I think I like the way the sand falls down it's calming and relaxing??

waaa I never knew such a thing like letter openers existed

yeah I get that, I like it too

• All my hobbies have been my hobbies for many many years. I love reading since I was a small kid. My father taught me how to read before I even went to school, he used to teach me the letters and the numbers when I was very small.

I listen to music since I have memory.

Another hobby I have is learning languages, especially my favourite part is to read books or magazines, or even the newspaper in another languages.

And sadly, I used to have hobbies that I can't maintain anymore because I barely have time, like rollerblading or going to the swimming pool. I had been doing those too since I was around ten years old until I finished my degree.

I still do yoga and lift weights though, I've been doing it for more than 10 years already. I used to do pilates but I switched it to yoga.

What is your fav language that u have learned?

Aw I hope someday you get to have time and do all those hobbies of yours

• my dad bought a camera when i was in early middle school. i primarily used it and grew fond of photography from there.

drawing/calligraphy i've been into since i was little.

• What is PVP and PVE?

PVP = player versus player: usually arenas and battlegrounds, so you are fighting against another player.

PVE = player versus environment: usually dungeons and raids, so a team of players are fighting against AI mobs and bosses.

The whole idea is to get better gear to become even better at it.

My role as a healer in a party is very hard because it requires a lot of attention to heal those on low health and to react almost instinctively to incoming damage to your team.

• PVP = player versus player: usually arenas and battlegrounds, so you are fighting against another player.

PVE = player versus environment: usually dungeons and raids, so a team of players are fighting against AI mobs and bosses.

The whole idea is to get better gear to become even better at it.

My role as a healer in a party is very hard because it requires a lot of attention to heal those on low health and to react almost instinctively to incoming damage to your team.

ohh, did you chose your role yourself or like someone assigned it to you?

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!