Do you think that stans of top groups get a sense of entitlement?

• I’m reading through the anon pages and the way that all of these top group fans are giving karen??? Specifically luxury Karen??

I just saw an army drag Itzy in the most “well my family is purebred, yours is store bought new money” way. Like are y’all paid? Do you get an endorsement deal? Why is stan culture so toxic?

This extends to some My and some Blinks of course as well (youtube views in general for My i think and general accolades for Blink)

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Yes, when i see all the others groups below BP great career i think "oh, the power ;judgingpepe: " kkkkkk jk, sorry kkkkkk

But yes, i do see it specially when you have "risen groups" getting great results and top groups fans feel threatened and the mess happens. Actually even within top groups fans you have this problem. It's crazy. This is what I call success stans and they are loud, a lot and unnecessary.

• Yes, when i see all the others groups below BP great career i think "oh, the power ;judgingpepe: " kkkkkk jk, sorry kkkkkk

But yes, i do see it specially when you have "risen groups" getting great results and top groups fans feel threatened and the mess happens. Actually even within top groups fans you have this problem. It's crazy. This is what I call success stans and they are loud, a lot and unnecessary.

Its definitely the biggest when a group starts doing well.

I remember when GGs in general started competing with EXOs sales and people were like “c-bars! Uncle fans! Saejagi!!!” And this is why capitalism is bad because you cant just enjoy art without it being money driven

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• Its definitely the biggest when a group starts doing well.

I remember when GGs in general started competing with EXOs sales and people were like “c-bars! Uncle fans! Saejagi!!!” And this is why capitalism is bad because you cant just enjoy art without it being money driven

Yes, when a group is getting bigger you see the peak of success stans aka insecure stans.

I don't think capitalism is the problem, i think, unfortunately, a lot of fans take their faves achievements as theirs and live through it. Fanwars and how they connect with their faves seem more like the problem.

• I cringe everytime I go to anons, cause It's exactly what you said. It's just people dragging successful groups' achivements, because their faves might be slightly or a lot more successful.

You would think just because a group is #1 on Melon and the other is like #8 or one group is selling 2 million while the other sold 1.5 million there are groups about to be on the verge of disbandment.

A bunch of dramatics.

;judgingpepe:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• definitely.

They expect everyone else to also keep up with their groups and knows everything about them.

I have gotten attitude from them bc I didn't know a member face and name or what was their latest comeback

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes. Definitely. And they always target other groups who are doing well and calling them flops. I remember several months ago someone made a tweet dragging a pretty popular group's Spotify streams as being "flops" and a bunch of fans of nugu groups ratioed them to hell with "that's flopping? I would love for x group to have that!"

There are a lot of fans who act like they're part of the group and put in the hard work and so they deserve to brag about the success of a group just to put someone else down and they feel special.

Right now itzy seems to be punching bag with all of these "why are they flopping? omg they're over!" takes when in reality the group is still doing better than 95% of all other kpop groups. I would love for some groups to flop like itzy.

;judgingpepe:

• I do see it (even in my fandom LOL). And it's not as if I wasn't young before and haven't engaged in fights (back then it was for Taylor Swift as I wasn't into KPop yet). But then you either mature if you're young or you grow old but your perspective doesn't grow with you.

And to be fair, I still get into fights.

• Right? It's wild to me how some stans will throw around "flop" when referring to groups that are objectively popular, like "only" selling X (some huge number that most groups never touch) should be an embarrassment . It just makes them look crazy and overinvested in the competitive side of kpop. Usually they're success stans that mostly talk about the numbers and records and how well their faves are doing instead of the actual music. They never seem to realize that being more popular doesn't mean being BETTER. There are a lot of factors involved in being successful. Having quality music and talent doesn't necessarily lead to being number 1.

• of course some stans are like that - it's always the bad apples that give the rest of the fandom a bad name

we do not judge an entire country by the actions of a person called hitler or putin and thus we should not judge the actions of an entire group of people by the actions of a few bad apples

• of course some stans are like that - it's always the bad apples that give the rest of the fandom a bad name

we do not judge an entire country by the actions of a person called hitler or putin and thus we should not judge the actions of an entire group of people by the actions of a few bad apples

True which is why i said “some” :) but i also wanted to make my point concise

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• top groups are great. As a casual you tube finds all their songs for you. Just dont Join the fandom.

If you dive deeper into Kpop you have the smaller groups. Their fandoms are usually peaceful. There is not much to fight about and they dont get attacked since they are no thread for the top groups.

Well, most people dont care since they need their bragging rights.

• top groups are great. As a casual you tube finds all their songs for you. Just dont Join the fandom.

If you dive deeper into Kpop you have the smaller groups. Their fandoms are usually peaceful. There is not much to fight about and they dont get attacked since they are no thread for the top groups.

Well, most people dont care since they need their bragging rights.

I'm a casual follower of many smaller groups and I've noticed what you said.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!