What is going on with Spotify?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They made changes today.

Things aren't going well on tl...

Its chaotic..

ArmyTaglist

• i cant see twitter so wth did spotify do? :facepalm:

• Also Christmas Tree isn't even a collab. Its V's song. I don't get why they didn't count it...

Not only did Spotify messed up the release of JK's dreamer and now this.

• No wonder why Charlie Puth appeared in my top 5 artists but not Jungkook and I was wondering how did that happen because I also streamed Stay Alive and Dreamers a lot but no other CP's songs. Now I see why. fu spotify :rolleyes:

• i cant see twitter so wth did spotify do? :facepalm:

they last minutely decided that ONLY bts' collabs won't count for their spotify records, but other artists collabs do.

JKs got announced as the most streamed kpop soloist, but SUDDENLY spotify wanted to make last minute changes & decided that L&R - that ever since released, was considered kpop - suddenly wasn't considered kpop anymore & thus they won't count for jks streams (he lost 400m and his #1 position). They did the same for My Universe (even when this song wasn't just a feature by bts) & other bts' collabs, which affected their position too. This all with ZERO explaination.

they are so obvious, it's disgusting.

• This is actually disgusting, now I understand why I have Charlie Puth is in my spotify wrapped up despite not listening to any of his songs but Left and Right. They're really setting themselves up with this, it just makes it very clear that you can buy spotify "success" if you're willing to pay the right price.

• I hope when BTS come back in 2025, HYBE will have some money to even the playing field for BTS. Instead of wasting BTS’ money on stupid games/tech and playlisting for rookie groups they need to fully support BTS. Western stars already have a step up with business connections/relationships and now smart Kpop labels are buying their way into the corruption also. At some point BTS needs the same advantages and not just fans fighting at every step.

• That is so much BS!

this is why i hate spotify

i swear

majority of music shows discriminate against kpop

can we go commit arson?

• I hope when BTS come back in 2025, HYBE will have some money to even the playing field for BTS. Instead of wasting BTS’ money on stupid games/tech and playlisting for rookie groups they need to fully support BTS. Western stars already have a step up with business connections/relationships and now smart Kpop labels are buying their way into the corruption also. At some point BTS needs the same advantages and not just fans fighting at every step.

True, they rely too much on us doing their job.

• I was really confused when I saw Charlie Puth as my 4th most listened artist and Benny Blanco as 5th. I literally have only listened to L&R and Bad Decisions, while I've listened to whole discographies of other artist that don't even show up!

spotify is disappointing as always :skull:

24 To 25 Just Stay With Me~

• So they arent counting jk left and right for some reason? Ngl it seem unfair

They setting my girl Lisa up too. I like the sound Lisa being most stream Kpop solo but title is not fun when it actually isn’t achieved.

Since when it is that bad to name a solo-song under the name of the artist instead of the group?

I mean if for example a band had a member who goes solo than people would be actually happy to see the person's name instead of the band or am I wrong here and KPop-fans don't see it that way?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I was really confused when I saw Charlie Puth as my 4th most listened artist and Benny Blanco as 5th. I literally have only listened to L&R and Bad Decisions, while I've listened to whole discographies of other artist that don't even show up!

Mine was quit right I guess, except I can't really remember how I got so many plays on a Korean JPop-artist that his song was my #5 but I remember I listend quit a lot to that song

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Since when it is that bad to name a solo-song under the name of the artist instead of the group?

I mean if for example a band had a member who goes solo than people would be actually happy to see the person's name instead of the band or am I wrong here and KPop-fans don't see it that way?

They don't count the song under the artist name. That's the problem. They just removed the streams and are pretending JK is not credited on it

I low-key admire them for not getting involved in this bs business 'practice' that other labels do, it only proves that their success is organic rather than forcefully paying for their 15 seconds of fame and a place on a chart. That's why BTS can sell out stadiums anywhere around the world and constantly pulling in numbers, in the long run these labels are just setting themselves up for failure.

• I posted this in the other thread but they really changed the whole list from left to right just to push JK down

All the while they let Left and Right appear as a Kpop song here

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

They credited both artists for Unholy but not for LnR, My Universe and many others.

:pepe-firing:

• They credited both artists for Unholy but not for LnR, My Universe and many others.

:pepe-firing:

it's literally only jk's (and bts') collabs that arent counted for them

because if it was done for everyone, not lisa but Jhope would be #1 most streamed kpop soloist

there is literally no good way they could explain this

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!