Don't you think it's too early for G-Idle to behave like this and ruin their own reputation?

• I mean the complain does seem to be about a daesang specifically, their members even mentioned daesang when award show season started.

In this specific case, which daesang could it realistically be? The only possibility is SOTY, they are far too low for Album/Artist of the year with the MAMA criteria for the judges to be able to give it to them.

In that case, if they were to get SOTY then IVE would get no daesang. LD is #1 with the MAMA criteria, ahead on Circle and significantly ahead on Spotify. IVE is also #1 in the criteria for Artist of the Year. It would be quite controversial if IVE got nothing after leading both categories, while topping every yearly chart etc etc.

So if you are in the judges' position - do you want to anger BTS fans or rob G-IDLE. The choice was probably pretty easy for them. Keep in mind like 90% of the awards went to the predicted #1 of each category, MNET is really trying to improve their credibility after the PD rigging scandal. For the notable awards the only exception was giving BTS Artist of the Year, everything else went to predicted winner. Band performance was obviously rigged but that's a complete nugu award.

So the problem with Soyeon making a public statement is that the only daesang they could have won is the one IVE got. It's not really a stretch to not take this as them saying they deserve it more than IVE. I'm not saying that's what Soyeon intended but a lot of people seem to be drawing that conclusion, it's hard not to. It certainly doesn't improve their image among the general public even if there are probably some hardcore fans of theirs praising the act.

People are taking it too seriously but overall I do think it would have been better to just not have done it at all.

• Please my ass GD even attended next year an accepted the awards they gave y’all are hypocrites

Then so are GD and Soyeon, but at least I didn't make myself look like a clown on TV.

• It's not.

Nobody us even talking about MAMA or MMA in Korea any more outside of discussion about New Jeans getting totally snubbed.

This is honestly the weirdest part in it all. It just makes zero sense since I don't think HYBE and MNET even have bad relations at all. It's so hard to imagine the scenario at MNET offices where they decided it's a great idea to give every new group attending a new group award but by some logic decide to exclude NewJeans. Who came up with this shit? They should hire me to hand out the awards instead.

• In that case, if they were to get SOTY then IVE would get no daesang. LD is #1 with the MAMA criteria, ahead on Circle and significantly ahead on Spotify. IVE is also #1 in the criteria for Artist of the Year. It would be quite controversial if IVE got nothing after leading both categories, while topping every yearly chart etc etc.

I just need to disagree with this. Bts actually leading the Aoty category too, but the prediction everyone refers got the wrong data. How Bts that sold the most albums this year get only 20.73% in physical when skz get 30%?

• I don't think we should talk about if we feel like people are overreacting. At the end of the day your relevancy depends on your fans and the GP. If you make a diss like this when there were other great candidates for the daesangs (IVE, BTS..) then you risk negative comments from the GP, which Soyeon and (G)I-dle as a whole can't really afford yet coming back from a long hiatus due to a bullying controversy. Do I think her diss was fire? Maybe. But I don't think it was the smartest move on her part

• I don't think we should talk about if we feel like people are overreacting. At the end of the day your relevancy depends on your fans and the GP. If you make a diss like this when there were other great candidates for the daesangs (IVE, BTS..) then you risk negative comments from the GP, which Soyeon and (G)I-dle as a whole can't really afford yet coming back from a long hiatus due to a bullying controversy. Do I think her diss was fire? Maybe. But I don't think it was the smartest move on her part

I do think you can talk about people are overreacting when the point of contention is trying to state a reputation is ruined over something that lasted a day in korea and wasn't even universally negative there to begin with.

Like if you make a claim that massive, point to something. Don't just go with the flow of nonsense stan shit.

It's like suggesting backlash is gonna hit aespa over their lack of promo or that the idol issue stuff is gonna impact Ive

• I very very much doubt that Soyeon's verse (the shade) was adlibbed on the spot. She wrote that, practiced that, the executives saw that, and were fine with it.

It's a playful poke at MAMA, that MAMA allowed. I don't see that "ruining" anything.

If anything, it got people talking about it, and will spread G-Idle popularity instead.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I just need to disagree with this. Bts actually leading the Aoty category too, but the prediction everyone refers got the wrong data. How Bts that sold the most albums this year get only 20.73% in physical when skz get 30%?

Traditionally they have not counted physicals or digitals from stuff that was released before the tracking period. This is for most awards shows. The predictions are done assuming only Proof sales count, which is a reasonable assumption to make. The prediction accounts are just doing the best they can with the available information. 3 different accounts had the exact same prediction as well.

It is of course entirely possible the judges would choose to consider this as a factor, which they probably did, and BTS won. Sometimes it's okay to have a judge component, I guess?

• I just need to disagree with this. Bts actually leading the Aoty category too, but the prediction everyone refers got the wrong data. How Bts that sold the most albums this year get only 20.73% in physical when skz get 30%?

no, the criteria and prediction was right, BTS fans just added sales from past albums, STK sold more albums this year for albums released this year, BTS only had Proof with 3.3 mil sales meanwhile STK has Maxident with 2.7 mil and Oddinary with 1.7 mil which mean STK sold more, past albums sales don't count, it clearly wrote on mama website the period of time the albums has to be released to be counted, IVE were leading for artist of the year without judge votes

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!