I don't think Billlie making a comeback this month is a good decision

• So to put up some context, Billlie debuted last november with a mini album, made their first comeback this february with another mini album, released a special "project album" for a remade song from their CEO one month ago, and it's about to make a comeback at the end of this month with another mini album.

Basically, this mean they about to release 3 mini albums and 1 single album in the span of 10 months, which I think it's pretty insane. Sure, they just debuted and are rookies, groups need to be pretty active the first years so they can make a name for themselves on the industry and build a fandom (specially if they are not from a big company), but I still don't think it's the right decision.

Billlie seems to have built a decent fandom already, specially after the viral factor of GingaMingaYo and Tsuki's whole existence. However, I feel like this virality along the amount of big girlgroups debuting lately is making Mystic Story overwork the girls a little too much for fear of the group falling into oblivion. Billlie has these projects they do every 11th of a month where they often release dance covers which is cool but it also implies a big amount of work. Add this to the fact their own choreographies aren't exactly easy to do and learn and you can understand why I think all of this in 10 months is too much.

There's also another thing: sure, Billlie has a decent fandom, but it's not that big either yet, the project they did last month with Pitbangsu was cool and all, it barely received hype yet they sold +50k albums which is pretty good for what the project was, but when your fandom is this size, and you are in between of getting into a solid +100k zone and groups who are borderline nugu, you do not want to oversaturate your audience, you have to make a situation where the own fandom is the one asking for a comeback and is genuinely excited once it's announced. For the comeback this month, I've not seen the hype I saw when their last mini was announced and I think it has to do with the project of last month being a physical release as well, you do not want to milk your decent sized fandom until exhaustion because once they don't care about a comeback they may not care about future comebacks.

Said all that, I still think Billlie will do well, but imo a comeback at the end of the year (November/December) would have been more healthy and smart for the growth of the group.

• August is not a good time for new and mid tier groups to make a comeback

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I get why they're making a comeback. They keep trying to capitalize on Tsuki's hype, but their promotions keep getting fucked up because they keep getting covid. I feel like this comeback is also partially happening now because Moon Sua is going to be on that JTBC show which will pull some curious lookieloos because it's Jimin's comeback.

Honestly the main thing I've been disappointed in hasn't been too many promotions, but lack of good promotions. Why is Mystic not sending them to things like the Dream concert or even KCON? Those are huge opportunities for them that are just being passed over.

actually i think it’s a good idea because it’s not like these groups get paks on the charts so they’re not losing much there. coming back close to big groups is great promo because their fans will tune into music shows and hopefully catch these nugus performing. now I’d be worried if a group like gidle comes back during the same time as blackpink because both groups are strong on the charts so it’s more of a competition

Yeah and I'm not even bringing up music shows wins because they are all about timing anyways, and for ggs specially nowadays unless you do great on digitals you have to be at the very least like mid-tier, StayC level.

More and more groups with big fandoms since the start are debuting, like it's no coincidence ggs doing pretty good like Loona or Dreamcatcher struggled so much to get a win.

• actually i think it’s a good idea because it’s not like these groups get paks on the charts so they’re not losing much there. coming back close to big groups is great promo because their fans will tune into music shows and hopefully catch these nugus performing. now I’d be worried if a group like gidle comes back during the same time as blackpink because both groups are strong on the charts so it’s more of a competition

Girl group's fandoms overlap alot

If they have to pick which groups stuff to buy, they will buy the ones that's gonna break record and stuff.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it’s not like a nugu group would even sell a lot in the first place

Bc they don't sell alot every sale matters more

If they lose even 10 percent of their sales to overlapping fandoms, it could mean less funds for next comeback

• I get why they're making a comeback. They keep trying to capitalize on Tsuki's hype, but their promotions keep getting fucked up because they keep getting covid. I feel like this comeback is also partially happening now because Moon Sua is going to be on that JTBC show which will pull some curious lookieloos because it's Jimin's comeback.

Honestly the main thing I've been disappointed in hasn't been too many promotions, but lack of good promotions. Why is Mystic not sending them to things like the Dream concert or even KCON? Those are huge opportunities for them that are just being passed over.

I remember they were about to perform in London with Red Velvet for a k-pop festival which I think was cool but sadly covid happened. Yeah I feel like Billlie is at that point where they could be on Kcon or a Dream concert and no one would find it weird.

• I remember they were about to perform in London with Red Velvet for a k-pop festival which I think was cool but sadly covid happened. Yeah I feel like Billlie is at that point where they could be on Kcon or a Dream concert and no one would find it weird.

They've had some of the worst luck with covid imo. It's really a shame. As we move into the fall and the end of the year that we see them in more events. :(

• I've never seen a group grow because of this though, unless some interaction gets viral I don't think it's that important

Do you want them to wait until October?

If I was the CEO I wouldn't make them do a comeback until like November, breaks sometimes are good not only for the members but for the hype of a group.

• I've never seen a group grow because of this though, unless some interaction gets viral I don't think it's that important

I don't think there's necessarily a measurable outcome there, but I feel there is more to gain than lose in promoting at the same time. Aespa dropped Next Level and Savage at the same time as BTS & IU last year and those are their two biggest songs at the point in time.

• If I was the CEO I wouldn't make them do a comeback until like November, breaks sometimes are good not only for the members but for the hype of a group.

Well I've never heard that perspective before, usually I just assumed all groups were making comebacks as frequently as was plausible, and fans also wanted comebacks as frequently as possible, and thought it was best for the group's growth so no one will forget about them

• So, what do you think about their latest comeback? MakotoNijima

Musically I liked it, not sure if it impacted them well fandom-wise though, we'll have to wait for their next comeback to know.

Well I've never heard that perspective before, usually I just assumed all groups were making comebacks as frequently as was plausible, and fans also wanted comebacks as frequently as possible, and thought it was best for the group's growth so no one will forget about them

50/50. You want a group to make frequent comebacks at first to gain a name within the industry, but oversaturation of contents is also a thing. If you aren't a established group yet and you focus way too much on milking your non-huge fandom, they can get tired and just become more casuals.

Every time a group announces a comeback you want many people to anticipate it and sometimes a 10 month rest can generate more hype than a comeback every 3 months.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!