MAMA 2022 [DAY-1] : Bop vs Flop

• What do you think of MAMA day 1 in term of

-performances

Average, some performance was good and some very frankly boring. I don't like this way of performing for BGs, they all do the same things when you're not a fan of the group, you get bored easily. The GGs have a little more varied performances but the quality was very variable between the groups, and the collaboration between the groups was really bad. As usual very little live vocals, GG fans tell us that their favs are the best vocalists of the generation but they would still have to sing live to prove it ...

-stage design & visual

Average also, some performances were really magnificent others really sparse, you quickly feel the different budgets depending on the performances. I find it unfortunate that many groups now bring a lot of back dancers with them, it seems that they are trying to fill the stage as much as possible because they are unable to have a sufficient stage presence.

-award distribution

Honestly I don't care, congratulations to the winners those who deserve it like those from whom the company bought an award anyway it's always sucked the distribution of awards.

• Blop

awkward presenters and it takes forever... the high points are really just the performances.

• Average, some performance was good and some very frankly boring. I don't like this way of performing for BGs, they all do the same things when you're not a fan of the group, you get bored easily. The GGs have a little more varied performances but the quality was very variable between the groups, and the collaboration between the groups was really bad. As usual very little live vocals, GG fans tell us that their favs are the best vocalists of the generation but they would still have to sing live to prove it ...

Average also, some performances were really magnificent others really sparse, you quickly feel the different budgets depending on the performances. I find it unfortunate that many groups now bring a lot of back dancers with them, it seems that they are trying to fill the stage as much as possible because they are unable to have a sufficient stage presence.

Honestly I don't care, congratulations to the winners those who deserve it like those from whom the company bought an award anyway it's always sucked the distribution of awards.

For me it's opposite. At least bgs put some storyline or something different while ggs keep same boring performances as if they're promoting on music shows.

• Flop for me. I liked the SKZ and Hyolyn/Bibi performance but overall I felt the pacing really dragged - it used to be showstopper performance after showstopper performance. The long dance sequences (the intro and Street Man Fighter) also really slowed it down (I love dance and choreo but the pacing here really felt off) and although Somi is nice, she's not the most engaging host.

This isn't even talking about old-time MAMAs - even just thinking about 2020 - we had the big NCT extravaganza, of course, but also the dramatic Kingdom section, Taemin, Hwasa, TXT with that big disco/magical number, Seventeen, Twice, a big closer from BTS, not to mention solid performances from GOT7, Mamamoo and Monsta X. All of these felt like big stage performances. (There were more people - those are the ones that stick out in my head).

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!