Does this RV comeback feel low effort?

• I really just do not like the title track. It's slightly better than Queendom, but a step below Feel My Rhythm. The album is meh. I think On A Ride is the best track on the album. But overall, this comeback feels pretty forgettable. I really have just not been feeling Red Velvet since Psycho unfortunately.

I mean, even the whole aesthetics seems so tired. The mv is boring. What's with the stupid cartoon mascot on their album cover as well. Looks like it was drawn and designed in a few minutes. I just wish SM would abandon the whole Red concept and go back to and stay with the Velvet side. RV is more mature now. It's okay for them to kind of just embrace that side for the rest of their careers unless they have another Red Flavor.

• Their cb has been postponed for eight months. The girls said it.

Personally I prefer over queendom and fmr it has the red factor however RV’s hasn’t clicked with me since psycho. They just don’t have IT anymore.

That's surprising to hear. And I agree. Whatever magic they had, it's gone. This red stuff is played out for me. If they embraced the more mature velvet side, I think they would kill it. But conjuring another amazing song like Psycho is easier said than done. I've been a Reveluv since Automatic. But I can truly say I just have no interest in this group anymore if this pattern is indicative of what they're going to be doing going forward.

• honestly it's a shame they went more into that colorful concepts kind of catered towards younger audience

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are on their ninth year as a group, only a year behind BTS. I'm not sure how many more concepts they have left in them. They've already done the darker RnB aesthetics, the elegant aesthetics.

We'll see how they do charting wise. This comeback is a huge test of their digital relevance, so far they've managed to buck the trend of every other 3rd gen group besides Blackpink by maintaining this relevancy.

• They are on their ninth year as a group, only a year behind BTS. I'm not sure how many more concepts they have left in them. They've already done the darker RnB aesthetics, the elegant aesthetics.

We'll see how they do charting wise. This comeback is a huge test of their digital relevance, so far they've managed to buck the trend of every other 3rd gen group besides Blackpink by maintaining this relevancy.

Yeah, I guess we'll see. It's just that this song, Birthday, was so bad. :pepe-shame:

And then I started listening to the album and I was looking at that stupid cartoon mascot and I was just left so deflated. Like what the f is all of this? :pepestare:

• But isn’t this how the RV experience is? I’ve never cared for the Red side, but they would come out with a few Red albums, then come out with a Velvet album. There was that whole run where I thought no, RV is not for me with Russian Roulette, Rookie and The Red Summer, then they came back with Perfect Velvet and I was back onboard.

But I mean, that’s just what they do. Why would they change their fundamental concept this many years in, esp knowing that Red remains popular in their core market, Korea?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• But isn’t this how the RV experience is? I’ve never cared for the Red side, but they would come out with a few Red albums, then come out with a Velvet album. There was that whole run where I thought no, RV is not for me with Russian Roulette, Rookie and The Red Summer, then they came back with Perfect Velvet and I was back onboard.

But I mean, that’s just what they do. Why would they change their fundamental concept this many years in, esp knowing that Red remains popular in their core market, Korea?

Obviously, if their stuff is still selling, etc, why would they stop doing what they're doing. Just saying I find it low effort and haven't been a fan for a while now. Maybe they do something in the future I like. But it's not looking good.

• even if some of their latest title tracks are not really what i would listen on a daily basis (queendom, birthday) I still appreciate that they try to come up with something new everytime, also their mini and concepts are still pretty good and i feel happy whenever they come back, the only thing i feel they need to change asap is their MV visual director because MVs are getting ugly tbh, don't like the style they are going for lately ;judgingpepe:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!