Can anyone help me remember which J-pop female idol I am thinking of

• So I just remembered that years ago I got interested in one female idol from I believe, either SKE48 or AKB48. I saw her in something and thought she was crazy talented and wanted to see her succeed and believed she could.

I lost track of her as I was never a fan of the groups and I forgot her name unfortunately.

I believe at one time there were reports that she was depressed and constantly looking unhappy and I think maybe she even graduated after that.

Only things I remember: she was really pretty and crazy popular. She had short hair and everyone always said she was androgynous and 'manly'. She was one of the most popular members I think. She had a nickname that fans called her, but I have trouble remembering which. I do believe she graduated from the group. HELP.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Hirate Yurina is a girl with short hair comming to my mind but uh

4f76fd00ca94185ebb877f66725f5ae31579800585_full.jpg

She used to be member of Keyakizaka46 and released a solo-album some time ago. I don't follow here so no idea if she still makes music

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Hirate Yurina is a girl with short hair comming to my mind but uh

4f76fd00ca94185ebb877f66725f5ae31579800585_full.jpg

She used to be member of Keyakizaka46 and released a solo-album some time ago. I don't follow here so no idea if she still makes music

IT'S HER I JUST MIXED UP THE GROUPS YES THANK YOU!

yucchan!

thank you so much :red-heart:

mKl7Ghm.png

• My 1st thought when you said "androgynous" was Jurina, but I figured she was pretty well known in KPOP since she was on P48, but I'll throw her in there just in case since the other women I posted aren't really known for their "manly" image.

SKE48%E6%9D%BE%E4%BA%95%E7%8F%A0%E7%90%86%E5%A5%88-1.jpg

Welp, nvm! You found her! Yay!!!

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Pinky_Peachy this is the MV I ment from her solo-album and 1:09 the guy in the background is Sota from the JPop-grpup BE:FIRST, I just recognized him watching this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• My 1st thought when you said "androgynous" was Jurina, but I figured she was pretty well known in KPOP since she was on P48, but I'll throw her in there just in case since the other women I posted aren't really known for their "manly" image.

SKE48%E6%9D%BE%E4%BA%95%E7%8F%A0%E7%90%86%E5%A5%88-1.jpg

Welp, nvm! You found her! Yay!!!

thank you for trying to help regardless!

I love Jurina, she's so funny, I loved her on PD48, my winner

Pinky_Peachy this is the MV I ment from her solo-album and 1:09 the guy in the background is Sota from the JPop-grpup BE:FIRST, I just recognized him watching this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

WOW I really like this! Thank you!

mKl7Ghm.png

• It was fun lol! Like a guessing game. A nice distraction as I kill time at work. :pepe-legs:

I wanted to find her to see how she is doing and found a forum where they discussed it and remembered why I could never get into the group. They had her be the center for 8 consecutive comebacks because she was so good, overworked her hard, had her do gravure for creepy mags at 14, had her have her runway debut at 14, and some of the fans were really horrible to her because she was clearly depressed and you could tell she wasn't enjoying it anymore. On that forum they accused her of faking her mental illness among other things and others said she was bringing the group down with looking unhappy all the time. I remember people making fun of her and calling her smile-kun, all the while she was a young kid working her ass off and doing insane and incredible work. These people are not well.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I wanted to find her to see how she is doing and found a forum where they discussed it and remembered why I could never get into the group. They had her be the center for 8 consecutive comebacks because she was so good, overworked her hard, had her do gravure for creepy mags at 14, had her have her runway debut at 14, and some of the fans were really horrible to her because she was clearly depressed and you could tell she wasn't enjoying it anymore. On that forum they accused her of faking her mental illness among other things and others said she was bringing the group down with looking unhappy all the time. I remember people making fun of her and calling her smile-kun, all the while she was a young kid working her ass off and doing insane and incredible work. These people are not well.

Yikes and yuck. One of the main reasons why being in this industry is almost equivalent to hell. Especially for young girls. Gravure at 14!? Disgusting.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yikes and yuck. One of the main reasons why being in this industry is almost equivalent to hell. Especially for young girls. Gravure at 14!? Disgusting.

External Content twitter.com

no 14 year old should be featured in a mag that is called like that wearing an undershirt and shorts

they know their fandom and they do it for those creepy old dudes and the girls are collateral damage

mKl7Ghm.png

• External Content twitter.com

no 14 year old should be featured in a mag that is called like that wearing an undershirt and shorts

they know their fandom and they do it for those creepy old dudes and the girls are collateral damage

A sad part of the industry.

I hope she is better now.

• A sad part of the industry.

I hope she is better now.

I hope so too, I skipped to the last page of her thread on that forum and the people who are there now are a way more positive community, actual fans not edgelords and I saw a lot of her content they posted and she seems to be doing good. I'm gonna keep my eye on her!
    Love your new signature. <3

mKl7Ghm.png

• I hope so too, I skipped to the last page of her thread on that forum and the people who are there now are a way more positive community, actual fans not edgelords and I saw a lot of her content they posted and she seems to be doing good. I'm gonna keep my eye on her!
    Love your new signature. <3

Yeah, I started looking her up too. Apparently she was in the Japanese Itaewon Class remake. I might check it out if they have it available (unlikely knowing Japan lmao).

And thank you! Kyujin is such a sweetheart. :pepelove1:

• Yeah, I started looking her up too. Apparently she was in the Japanese Itaewon Class remake. I might check it out if they have it available (unlikely knowing Japan lmao).

And thank you! Kyujin is such a sweetheart. :pepelove1:

I think it's on Netflix Japan if I've seen correctly ;(

mKl7Ghm.png

• I guess some people complained that the Japanese remake did not change enough of the story.

Roppongi Class

However, there has been a lot of criticism that the remake drama is not as good as the original and failed to re-interpret the original concept.

Why the Japanese remake of 'Itaewon Class' is a ratings failure unlike the original Korean series
    "I'd rather watch the original,"&nbsp;This is a typical review given by viewers who have seen the Japanese remake of the popular Korean…
    www.allkpop.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!