(UPDATED Nov 16) OnlyOneOf Members To Act In BL Web Drama 'Bump Up Business'

• The drama will be an adaption of the webtoon by the same name, story by RK Studio from Rockin' KOREA, to be produced by e-motion studio. It's planned to be released in two formats: eight 15-minute episodes and one compiled 100-minute movie (as is common with Korean BLs due to low funding/sponsorship for the genre). The members' exact roles have not been decided yet, and it's also unconfirmed how much the group will contribute to the OST.

The planned timeline has filming beginning around April of 2023, with the first episode airing sometime in June.

BUB1.png

Plot summary of the webtoon (machine translated with some tweaks by me because the official human translation was weird):

Eden, who is about to debut as an idol, meets Jihoon, a celebrity who is a member of the same agency. Not long after seeing Jihoon and vowing to become a more popular celebrity that him, Eden hears that he can debut only by engaging in a business gay performance (T/N: a fanservice ship) as a team with Jihoon. Eden wants to reject it, but he follows the company line for the sake of his longtime dream of debuting. Jihoon approaches naturally and teases Eden, who feels averse to the arrangement while working in an idol group called 'BoK'. The two continue to quarrel, but as they spend more time together, they begin to grow closer. Meanwhile, with the appearance of top stars Hyunbin and Jay, misunderstandings between Eden and Jihoon build up... Will they be able to clear up the misunderstandings and figure out each other's feelings? A butterfly-inducing love story of two male idols who are not good at expressing their emotions!

Here's the conference in which the announcement was made (unfortunately no subs).

The relevant section begins at 2:50:15, and OnlyOneOf come on stage at 3:20:00

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The CEO of e-motion studio described Korean BL as a particularly soft and sweet type of BL (comparative to other countries), so it's likely that Bump Up Business will also have that kind of vibe. The target age rating is 12+ or 15+

Overall the members are really nervous about doing a good job, but also really excited about the project (especially Nine, who literally couldn't stop smiling the entire time)

Here's a thread with rough translations of some of the members' comments:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here's a fansubbed video with slightly more content:

External Content www.youtube.com

(UPDATE) the group uploaded a video on their official youtube channel with a few extra answers they prepared but didn't get to say in the conference:

External Content www.youtube.com

Additional info (not from the conference):

e-motion studio has already made multiple forays into BLs starring idols, including titles such as Behind Cut, Nobleman Ryu's Wedding, and Ocean Likes Me. The latter marked the acting debut of singer Holland, who is known for being one of extremely few out mlm entertainers in Korea. Perhaps coincidentally, not long ago Holland praised OnlyOneOf on twitter for their undergrOund idOl 'be' project, which is a currently ongoing series of solo music releases that depict fictional romances between the members.

The first lyOn taglist usage :mesmerized-bee:

(although probably only some of you will be interested in this lol)

• The plot feels very meta to me, given all the baiting accusations they keep getting (and ignoring lol). It also reminds me a bit of the music video for Skinz, which depicts the fantasy of a stalker fan who wants to intrude on the members' private lives, and by the end of the video the line between reality and fiction starts to get blurred :/

I'm a little wary because the dramas I've seen from e-motion studio have been kind of mediocre, but it's sweet to see how excited the members are for this project (even just Nine, who seems excited enough for all of them lol). Maybe it'll turn out good if they manage to secure some decent funding.

And if it doesn't, well... at least it'll only be 100 minutes long :pepe-cringe:

• :eyes:

It’s been years since I watched a BL but seeing Nine being so happy make me wanna watch it. Lol

I wonder who gonna be the two main characters. I hope the little cutie Rei or Rie or what’s his name gonna be one. He did a good job in the video I seen.

Rie :cryingr:

Nine's excitement in the conference was a little infectious, I couldn't help but smile every time I saw him :cutes:

I'm really curious who the leads will be too. Since only one of the leads is in the bg in the story, I'm also curious if someone outside OOO will be the other lead :eyes:

• Rie :cryingr:

Nine's excitement in the conference was a little infectious, I couldn't help but smile every time I saw him :cutes:

I'm really curious who the leads will be too. Since only one of the leads is in the bg in the story, I'm also curious if someone outside OOO will be the other lead :eyes:

I thought they would leave it within the group. Hmmm

The webtoon trailer had a guy who looked like Junji. So I found his role already. That guy with the pink hair. Lol

^^

Or pink shirt… something was weird…my brain is too fried to remember.

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• Eden with the pink hair... it would seem :pepe-notes:

He's the smaller of the leads, so I'm not sure if they'd put one of the bigger members in that role (well, they're all a similar height, but Junji's "big" in terms of muscle) :/

Also I just realized the two characters' surnames are Kang and Kong :pepe-hehe:

• Eden with the pink hair... it would seem :pepe-notes:

He's the smaller of the leads, so I'm not sure if they'd put one of the bigger members in that role (well, they're all a similar height, but Junji's "big" in terms of muscle) :/

Also I just realized the two characters' surnames are Kang and Kong :pepe-hehe:

;judgingpepe:

Nah I didn’t mean the main character… it was another guy. He looked like a hairdresser. Lmao

Rie is smol. At least he has the perfect smol energie. Or maybe Nine. He appears to be shorter then some of the other members too. I can’t find Mill’s height but he has cute main character energy too.

My head somehow decided the other lead has to be Junji or KB… their story mvs are influencing me too much. I need to check out their non music content too…what is this rabbit hole…

S63Sk.gif

• Btw this was meant to be something was pink…

I’m going to sleep before I loose any more brain cells…

S63Sk.gif

• This looks interesting, I might watch it if I find the time to :check-bee:

I think OOO would be good in this type of story for sure.

I also feel like searching up the webtoon and reading it now to get to know the story better haha. Im that type of person that “reads the book” before “watching the movie/series”.

• Btw this was meant to be something was pink…

I’m going to sleep before I loose any more brain cells…

Goodnight :pathead-2:

When you get up later let me know who you mean, because the only other people I see with pink anything are women :pepe-magnify:

I think out of all the members, KB might visually fit Jihoon the best :/

For Eden... yeah maybe Nine or Mill? Rie could work too, but he might be too cute. Same with Yoojung :/:/

• This looks interesting, I might watch it if I find the time to :check-bee:

I think OOO would be good in this type of story for sure.

I also feel like searching up the webtoon and reading it now to get to know the story better haha. Im that type of person that “reads the book” before “watching the movie/series”.

Meanwhile I'm going to avoid it because it looks like it'll have drastically different vibes from the drama :eyes:

• Eden, who is about to debut as an idol, meets Jihoon, a celebrity who is a member of the same agency. Not long after seeing Jihoon and vowing to become a more popular celebrity that him, Eden hears that he can debut only by engaging in a business gay performance (T/N: a fanservice ship) as a team with Jihoon. Eden wants to reject it, but he follows the company line for the sake of his longtime dream of debuting. Jihoon approaches naturally and teases Eden, who feels averse to the arrangement while working in an idol group called 'BoK'. The two continue to quarrel, but as they spend more time together, they begin to grow closer. Meanwhile, with the appearance of top stars Hyunbin and Jay, misunderstandings between Eden and Jihoon build up... Will they be able to clear up the misunderstandings and figure out each other's feelings? A butterfly-inducing love story of two male idols who are not good at expressing their emotions!

HAHAHAHA X''''''""DDD

If I was a fan of OOO I would be watching this so hard

I want to watch the first episode just to scene the scene where he "learns that he can debut only by engaging in a business gay performance"

The plot feels very meta to me, given all the baiting accusations they keep getting (and ignoring lol). It also reminds me a bit of the music video for Skinz, which depicts the fantasy of a stalker fan who wants to intrude on the members' private lives, and by the end of the video the line between reality and fiction starts to get blurred :/

I'm a little wary because the dramas I've seen from e-motion studio have been kind of mediocre, but it's sweet to see how excited the members are for this project (even just Nine, who seems excited enough for all of them lol). Maybe it'll turn out good if they manage to secure some decent funding.

And if it doesn't, well... at least it'll only be 100 minutes long :pepe-cringe:

K I must have missed this plot entirely, darn interpretive films

• You are right ? I was too tired and didn’t see that it’s a woman.

^^

S63Sk.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!