BTS IS A MONSTER IN SALES AND HYBE IS DESPERATE

• So, HYBE released their earnings & financial report and we have to laugh at this 😂😂😂

IMG_20221103_094319.jpg

HYBE is expected to gross 1.7 - 1.8 Trillion korean won this year. As you can see from the graph above— BTS is expected to cover the 60% - 65% of HYBE's revenue. Meanwhile, the other acts & businesses of HYBE cover the expected 35% - 40% of sales.

Despite BTS slowing down and the constant mediaplay of HYBE for their other acts (including Scooter Braun's company)— it still not enough to cover the bases of BTS.

In conclusion, HYBE will never be free of BTS and lose their dependency on them. Bet you, next year BTS will still cover the majority sales of HYBE. And that is despite their break and enlistment.

Moving on...

Here is the 3rd quarter report of HYBE.

IMG_20221103_093520.jpg

Those monstrous price of Proof collector's edition & other contents such as photobooks and BTS merch must've paid a lot, huh.

• not them having to write except bts to sell it to the investors lol

I dont know what it is but there was probably a better way to deal with loss of revenue with bts enlistment

They know fans will be reading their financial reports but still go around making graphs like this

Also, how many groups were on tour in quarter 3 and why is it not reflecting much in concert revenue

I dont know what it is but there was probably a better way to deal with loss of revenue with bts enlistment

They know fans will be reading their financial reports but still go around making graphs like this

Also, how many groups were on tour in quarter 3 and why is it not reflecting much in concert revenue

I just noticed the "except BTS" :pepe-life-support:

• SUMMARY REPORT:

This is the gist of HYBE report.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Important parts;

IMG_20221103_102730.jpg

IMG_20221103_102759.jpg

IMG_20221103_102808.jpg

Let's say HYBE generated 1.75 Trillion won and we apply the sales results in numbers:

BTS — 1,050 - 1,138 Trillion won

Other acts — 413 - 500 Billion won

ITHACA Holdings — 200 Billion won

• They really said except BTS...

:pepe-peek:
    Now I have doubts if they really have the best interest of the member's solo projects...

:dancer-pepe:

They are trying, but definitely not doing their best. HYBE has always been not so good managing solo activities. They've always been group oriented like JYPE. But I agree, HYBE is the worst in the Big 4 in promoting solo works.

• Hybe is aware they depend heavily on bts and I want them to diversify more so they can depend on bts less. If after military they want to take a year off they can.

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

• BTS built HYBE so this is reality. I do think HYBE has to and should still continue to diversify and reduce dependency on BTS, gives the guys greater freedom and space from HYBE too. It's what is most sustainable for the company for long-term futures etc.

I understand how company works. It's just funny how HYBE is so desperate to seek the investor's & public's approval that they don't depend much on BTS when the stats disagree. There are many ways to mediaplay their other ventures & acts without downplaying BTS.

• Damn my eyes popped at their expectations for Lesserafim and Newbeans. 100 percent growth from now means 1.2 million album sales per comeback at least, with a proportional increase in other ancillary revenues like streaming, endorsement deals, merch and concerts/tours when they start them.

It seems like a very reasonable estimate. Aespa is selling that much I don’t see why these two won’t.

• They are trying, but definitely not doing their best. HYBE is always been not so good managing solo activities. They've always been group oriented like JYPE. But I agree, HYBE is the worst in the Big 4 in promoting solo works.

They are a big company. I'm sure they have the resources to have a great PR and marketing team. Hope they improve and learn from each release. :pepe-clown-gear:

That 'except BTS' is killing me 😂😂😂 BTS' sales will be fine. Trust me on this.

IDK what HYBE was thinking making that graph. It's like they're setting themselves up even further.

IDK about their other groups' touring sales, but it's probably not getting much sales due to them playing in smaller venues.

• I understand how company works. It's just funny how HYBE is so desperate to seek the investor's & public's approval that they don't depend much on BTS when the stats disagree. There are many ways to mediaplay their other ventures & acts without downplaying BTS.

My comment isn't implying that you didn't understand but more that I've never saw this as HYBE downplaying BTS -- it's undisputed fact that anyone that knows BTS built HYBE and not the other way around and investors wanted to know how they will diversify - it's just a business strategy but agree that their communication messaging should be improved. I'm sure 100% that investors asked HYBE - what is your strategy when BTS is in the military so they had to come up with a plan to show revenue w/o BTS etc.

• Damn my eyes popped at their expectations for Lesserafim and Newbeans. 100 percent growth from now means 1.2 million album sales per comeback at least, with a proportional increase in other ancillary revenues like streaming, endorsement deals, merch and concerts/tours when they start them.

Well, they have to. Expect HYBE to milk their artists even harder now that other BTS members will have to enlist.

• They are a big company. I'm sure they have the resources to have a great PR and marketing team. Hope they improve and learn from each release. :pepe-clown-gear:

Don't wanna put on a tinfoil hat, but it's probably all about power. They know they can never get rid of BTS cause no one can generate as much revenue as them. So, by stifling their solo potential they can have a hold on them.

And HYBE cannot afford other members to have a solo breakthrough because they are hopeful for a 2025 cb. So much money will be lost if one of the guys' decided to go solo. I'm sure this is the same with other companies. After all, companies will always look out for their best interest.

• Don't wanna put on a tinfoil hat, but it's probably all about power. They know they can never get rid of BTS cause no one can generate as much revenue as them. So, by stifling their solo potential they can have a hold on them.

And HYBE cannot afford other members to have a solo breakthrough because they are hopeful for a 2025 cb. So much money will be lost if one of the guys' decided to go solo. I'm sure this is the same with other companies. After all, companies will always look out for their best interest.

hybe just needs to hold onto them, and let the potential of a CB be in the air, their stock dropped a shitload just from them taking a break, if BTS legit stops all activates and announces it, there gonna bomb even more

• Again main revenue from BTS

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!