Yonhap interviewed young police officer from viral Itaewon video, he blames himself despite saving many

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Absolute hero ;(

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• he was in the middle of it

saved many people

made right call

yet he blames himself

this is heartbreaking...

I hope people will tell him that he is amazing and did great job

External Content www.youtube.com

• Lulu_Key this is the man both of us were talking about. He is so traumatized. My heart breaks for him as well.

Yup

as I initially said, the first responders in tragic cases end up traumatized. The rate of suicide among them is high bc they don't get the help they need.

He needs a paid mental health leave and resources to help him process.

I saw a 7 sec video of the cursh scene and I couldn't sleep. I can't imagine how he must feel.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I can't even think what he's going through.

He is saying sorry that he didn't save enough people.

It's...

Him, the actor who performed CPR on 10 people, the nurse from Pakistan and his brother who performed CPR on so many people, revived at least 4, seems all of them think they could've done more and done better, survivor's guilt through and through. They did everything they could and more. Absolute heroes if you ask me. So many people will have PTSD from that night. It's horrible.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Same here, I saw the video unfortunately in the first thread I saw not knowing what was going on and I almost had a panic attack and spent the whole night waiting for news, crying and not being able to sleep

mKl7Ghm.png

• Oh this poor man.

This makes me even more furious at the authorities who were trying to say “well we sent enough police whatever” when this poor man is beating himself up for not getting a megaphone and doing enough. ;(

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Noo, don’t blame yourself!you already did your best. You can see how hardworking is he and he too wanna cry and stress out during doing it job by himself.

• I saw a 7 sec video of the cursh scene and I couldn't sleep. I can't imagine how he must feel.

Same here, I saw the video unfortunately in the first thread I saw not knowing what was going on and I almost had a panic attack and spent the whole night waiting for news, crying and not being able to sleep

I saw that same video and I had to stop updating the thread we have here. It was just way too much for me and this was a video. My heart goes out to him too. I can't even imagine what seeing something like this in person was like. 10x times worse than what I saw and I couldn't stop crying because I was so horrified. He may not think he's a hero, but what he did was heroic.

• I really hope there's mental health support for first responders. I read a report a while back (I can't remember where) and it mentioned that while there are a number of outpatient clinics for mental health in Korea, most funding goes to inpatient and there are far more inpatient treatment facilities than outpatient. I imagine a lot of survivors and first responders are going to fall through cracks due to outpatient unavailability and perhaps stigma/shame that prevents them from even seeking help.

(I was curious one day about what it's like for my therapist/counselor counterparts in Korea so that's why I was researching things)

• The poor guy did the best he could. There's no need to blame himself. He did the best that a single person could do. He is truly a hero. More than that, he's a good person.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!