Dreamcatcher is better off without mainstream fame.

• What I mean by mainstream fame is the level of scrutiny that IVE or NewJeans have. And this is why I think that.

Recently I've been thinking about Wonyoung a lot and this girl gets torn apart since her debut. They will take little gifs of her and videos out of context and say she has "an attitude controversy" and in the same breath will complain that she is too stiff on variety shows. There was even an akp user who straight up said they hate her cuz they saw a gif (and to whoever said that fuck you).

Wonyoung made me realize that that level of fame isn't healthy, that when you're that famous people will try to drag you down because of their inferiority concept alone. If you look at DC they haven't had to deal with the shit other groups deal with, no post dragging their visuals or spreading hate.

They have what I consider the perfect level of fame. They have a large loyal fandom (insomnias for the win) and consistently do great in sales. They don't have any severe member favoritism and get more freedom because they're a "smaller" group. I think they have the perfect sweet spot. Of course, I want them to grow more. I kinda want for them what Gidle has. For the most part (bullying controversy aside) gidle is a pretty loved group known for their great songs alone. They get away with what other groups wouldn't dream of (by get away I mean they can do bold concepts like Nxde and Tomboy without getting hate) and have plenty of creative freedom.

• So I kinda agree, I want the Korean GP to know them but I too don't want them to have astronomical fame where they will get picked on for the smallest thing... (Tbh if they did blow up Sua would be way to chaotic for people to handle lol)

But they have been growing none stop little by little and the next couple of years will be interesting to see how far they go. It is an exciting time to be an InSomnia

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• Well it's what the members themselves want at the end of the day, but I agree where they are right now is great cause we get the best of both worlds

I do hope they grow bigger though. I mean it's not just good for them, it would help the company too and in the future maybe more groups like DC could debut under Happyface

out of service

• Well it's what the members themselves want at the end of the day, but I agree where they are right now is great cause we get the best of both worlds

I do hope they grow bigger though. I mean it's not just good for them, it would help the company too and in the future maybe more groups like DC could debut under Happyface

They can always be more popular. Mainstream just means non-alternative content.

• Yes I do think they have a satisfactory level of fame, just enough that people notice but not enough that they care about scrutinizing. I'm happy that they maintained their identity pretty well, despite their growth over the years. Some might say that their music is going in the wrong direction because it's not the classical rock sound they are used to in Chase Me, Good Night, You and I, etc. However, I don't think any of the newer music they do is an attempt to appeal to mainstream audience.

Also helps that they aren't from a big 4 company or any famous company like Starship or Cube. You know there's kids that factor that in to their petty fanwars.

• Yeah koreans are drawn more to the quieter ~mysterious~ sweet idols, Sua I feel would kinda stick out lol

I like how Dreamcatcher is kinda of in their on little bubble apart from the rest of kpop so they don't feel the need to change on both a musical and personal level. They are just so explicit and relatable :saint:

• I think they still need a lot more popularity if they wanna have successful solo career if the group disband.

Probably but I actually never really thought of any of them continuing as a soloist. I don't recall any member really expressing that interest.

• Any Sua slander is WP worthy :pepe-cut:

it doesn't matter how much you stress it you'll always be seen as a mod :groovins:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!