2023 might be the wildest year for EXO......

• December is the only month where a album can be released....

A decent 2 and a half month gap between albums...

They've released albums in the same month before in 2019 (City Lights and What a Life).

And even if you don't want to count that: Chen's 2nd album came out in October 2019 and Obsession came out in November of 2019 (and Super M also came out in October that year if that counts, but I don't think it does), Delight was late May 2020 and EXO-SC came out early July (just 6 weeks apart). And just last year Don't Fight the Feeling came out in June and D.O.'s Empathy came out in July.

• They've released albums in the same month before in 2019 (City Lights and What a Life).

And even if you don't want to count that: Chen's 2nd album came out in October 2019 and Obsession came out in November of 2019 (and Super M also came out in October that year if that counts, but I don't think it does), Delight was late May 2020 and EXO-SC came out early July (just 6 weeks apart). And just last year Don't Fight the Feeling came out in June and D.O.'s Empathy came out in July.

So realistically we could get 2 more albums this year. Either 2 solos (kai, Chanyeol) , 1 solo/subunit (exo-sc)

And the rest will happen next year. I think we will have something every month which makes me excited. I mean all members are coming back now with a solo and we even have baekhyun in February. He’s very likely to make a comeback and have a solo concert.

Kai has to release before end of this year before he e-word ;( </3

• So realistically we could get 2 more albums this year. Either 2 solos (kai, Chanyeol) , 1 solo/subunit (exo-sc)

And the rest will happen next year. I think we will have something every month which makes me excited. I mean all members are coming back now with a solo and we even have baekhyun in February. He’s very likely to make a comeback and have a solo concert.

yes, I mean if SM can only manage one comeback every 2.5 months that means we won't have time for all the comebacks next year anyways lol, because Baekhyun will be back then too lol. Like no WAY SM can handle 7-8 EXO releases in 1 year.

Honestly that's my biggest worry about next year is how tf SM can handle the scheduling next year. Just this year they obviously pushed Xiumin's summer themed comeback way back into Fall, and for what? Like barely any releases even came out in the third quarter. How could they not work this out? They already delayed RV and aespa into next year because they couldn't handle the end of this year (aka NCT extravaganza).

And now I'm supposed to believe they can handle RV/aespa/Shinee's return/5(!) different NCT units/possibly a new SMBG/and 7-8 different EXO projects?? They seriously need to dial it down and just focus on what they have.

• They've released albums in the same month before in 2019 (City Lights and What a Life).

And we know how that turned out....

SM showed that they couldn't (or barely) handle EXO activities that year.... We had Chen's debut and his 2nd album, Baek's debut , SeChan's debut + CBX tour + Obsession + EXplOration tour....

So much content but LITTLE TO NO promotions + very little breaks between releases... It was too much....

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• yes, I mean if SM can only manage one comeback every 2.5 months that means we won't have time for all the comebacks next year anyways lol, because Baekhyun will be back then too lol. Like no WAY SM can handle 7-8 EXO releases in 1 year.

Honestly that's my biggest worry about next year is how tf SM can handle the scheduling next year. Just this year they obviously pushed Xiumin's summer themed comeback way back into Fall, and for what? Like barely any releases even came out in the third quarter. How could they not work this out? They already delayed RV and aespa into next year because they couldn't handle the end of this year (aka NCT extravaganza).

And now I'm supposed to believe they can handle RV/aespa/Shinee's return/5(!) different NCT units/possibly a new SMBG/and 7-8 different EXO projects?? They seriously need to dial it down and just focus on what they have.

I think SM has too many artists right now....

It really hampers their schedule and they are planning on expanding... It's going to be even more hectic.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• So realistically we could get 2 more albums this year. Either 2 solos (kai, Chanyeol) , 1 solo/subunit (exo-sc)

Yeah.... We don't know what's going to happen...but i hope we get Kai's album WHILE HE'S PROMOTING....i don't want another "Bambi" situation (No promotions and enlisting right after the release)...

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• And we know how that turned out....

SM showed that they couldn't (or barely) handle EXO activities that year.... We had Chen's debut and his 2nd album, Baek's debut , SeChan's debut + CBX tour + Obsession + EXplOration tour....

So much content but LITTLE TO NO promotions + very little breaks between releases... It was too much....

as I said above though, if they push everything back until next year they somehow have to cram in 7-8 projects (KJI3, KJD3, KJM3, DKS2, PCY1, BBH4, EXO7, EXO-SC3(?), OSH1(?)) into one year which is basically the same thing as 2 albums in 3 months except there's a much higher chance of SM screwing it up with more and more factors coming into play with each additional album added. Also 2019 had SuperM which was a huge issue with how SM prioritized that and forced all of EXO to work around it.

• as I said above though, if they push everything back until next year they somehow have to cram in 7-8 projects (KJI3, KJD3, KJM3, DKS2, PCY1, BBH4, EXO7, EXO-SC3(?), OSH1(?)) into one year which is basically the same thing as 2 albums in 3 months except there's a much higher chance of SM screwing it up with more and more factors coming into play with each additional album added. Also 2019 had SuperM which was a huge issue with how SM prioritized that and forced all of EXO to work around it.

As I said....

For the ones who are enlisting... Priorities should be THEM releasing their solo material before military...

And then we can work through all the rest of them....

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• yes, I mean if SM can only manage one comeback every 2.5 months that means we won't have time for all the comebacks next year anyways lol, because Baekhyun will be back then too lol. Like no WAY SM can handle 7-8 EXO releases in 1 year.

All this just tells me exo needs to be given their own sub label and have their own release schedules. Exo now has like 7 solos (not including lay). Sm is not gonna give prioritization to all plus the subunit and group comebacks while trying to maintain their other artists.

I saw that there were rumours that investors wanted sm to push out the older groups so that they can have room for newer ones and im just worried about exos future tbh. Theyre eating more than they can chew right now

• Yeah.... We don't know what's going to happen...but i hope we get Kai's album WHILE HE'S PROMOTING....i don't want another "Bambi" situation (No promotions and enlisting right after the release)...

Bambis promotions were tragic. Baekhyun better make it up to us with his return </3

kais main point is stage and dance. I really hope he also promotes it a few times before going. But with what time when he is performing at so many festivals

• All this just tells me exo needs to be given their own sub label and have their own release schedules. Exo now has like 7 solos (not including lay). Sm is not gonna give prioritization to all plus the subunit and group comebacks while trying to maintain their other artists.

I saw that there were rumours that investors wanted sm to push out the older groups so that they can have room for newer ones and im just worried about exos future tbh. Theyre eating more than they can chew right now

those "rumors" are just ifan SM stans whining about losing LSM imo. No way SM wants TVXQ/SJ/EXO to ever leave, SM makes most of their money off their groups touring and those three consistently make way more money than the other SM groups when they tour (no bulk buying involved with touring). They'll keep giving EXO albums just to keep them happy and touring. The question is whether they're actually capable of not messing up the release schedule for the umpteenth time.

• Why are the keeping it a secret. Always putting me on edge for potential news that one of them didn't:(((

I think SM never announces whether an artist renews, only when they leave. The only time people usually learn of renewals is when one of the artists themselves says it or when it's like SJ getting a sub-label, technically it wasn't announced SJ renewed but just that they got their own sub-label, but that made it obvious that they had renewed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!