Fanwars have real life consequences (tw: mental health and self harm)

• Just read about the prominent admin of a large gg’s translation account on twitter getting doxxed by a rival group’s stans

Apparently that admin is now in hospital under a coma after the attack, with self harm suspected. Their personal social media had been found and their photo has been distributed and edited into some malicious memes

It’s a reminder that peoples mental health is an unseen battle and being kind should take priority over anything else

• doxxing and bullying are just .....

I wish people keep kpop to things that make them happy and walk away when it doesn't

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Coincidently I just read a thread about this case on Twitter too. It’s so sad and shouldn’t have happened. People need to use their brains first and not let their emotions guide their actions.

The most worrying thing for me is some of the emotionless responses from the rival group’s fandom about this news. That’s the scariest thing for me. I know it’s just minority so I hope the majority would make them realise how wrong it was.

• Yes they do, pity the one's who dabble in this infantile behaviour didn't stop and realize that. It's pointless and doesn't serve any purpose. It's just "dweebs" who can't control their online actions.

• lord knows i've been put through some hell by some people for no reason at all...People are disgusting....I hope she/he recovers and makes it out okay. This is why I don't engage in fanwars...it's petty and pointless, I dont' even know why people do it, it's meaningless.

• I've been targeted for hate too based on who I stan and who I don't. While I have never gone to such lengths as that prominent admin, I understand how hurtful and damaging this can be better than I can fully say here. Some people really take shit like this too far FFS. Basic human nature is truly appalling and decency flies out the window far too often.

I am praying for them.

• People need to realize kpop is just music and nothing more groups achievement aren't yours and if one of your fav gets hate on and you defined them and it doesn't work it's not your task to change people's mind or make them stop what they're doing by the end of the day idols have their companies with them who are responsible for them doxxing people and send them death threats is the solution you think it is no matter how bad you think that person is by the end of the day it's person with a life and no one deserves to treated this way especially over idols who aren't aware of your existence

• When I first got into kpop, without knowing the landscape of kpop fandoms and how depraved it could be, I made a tweet on my at the time political/sci-fi/comics book/masterchef twitter that had an ok following about how I really didnt like a particular kpop song. Really rather innocuous by comparison to some shit I see. A bunch of fans from that groups fandom caught it and off they went. They doxxed me, got email to my personal account from them, they were reporting my twitter account and linked Insta, commenting shit under pictures of my cat... just stupid shit

That twitter then got banned a few weeks later for saying what should happen to some Jan 6 insurrectionists, which was "harrasment".

Fan warring is ridiculous, nasty shit that borders on sociopathic.

I dont mean silly debates that get spicy, but taking stuff about fucking POP MUSIC so personal as to escalate to the heights that people do. Those kinds of fans need to do what I suggested the Jan 6th insurrectionists should do.

• For me it’s a double edged sword. We can argue that people on the internet should be better, but the realistic truth is they are not going to be. If one person learns there will be 10 others who are trolls. Anonymity breeds toxicity like no other. And because of that I really pity our generation.

The best thing to do is to maintain a level of distance and if things get toxic : walk away. Kpop stan verse is not life. Yeah it’s unfair. You not being able to enjoy the thing you love is unfair but what’s worse than that is losing your happiness and life over it. It’s possible to enjoy kpop without online interactions but the life lost because of toxic online interactions can never be gotten back.

Don’t let trolls dictate your feelings. Don’t reveal too much online. Above all be in the mental health space where you can always walk away anytime. And if you’re currently in a head space where you can’t walk away no matter how toxic : that warrants some self reflection as well and can be a sign for you to introspect.

Hope everyone stays safe.

• Twitter is and will always be a cesspool... Hope he/she can recover quickly and to all the disgusting people here that is still trying to start some petty blaming fanwar, shame on you...

• Getting doxxed, and like in some cases even your family's and friends' information be made public, is sickening.

The people who do it know what they're doing and there's no doubt their intent is to bring harm to the person doxxed, either emotionally, mentally and sometimes even physically.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!