It's been exactly 1 year since the most earth-shattering moment in kpop stan world

• which was the release of the SOTY of 2021, "Sticker" 2x

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The opinions on this song... vary, but its impact is undeniable. The kpop world was never the same, I'm afraid. 2x

NctzenTaglist NCTzens, were you guys around when the song dropped? Do you remember how you first reacted to it?

And how do you feel about Sticker 1 year later? Has it survived the test of time? Or did you leave the flute and the cowboy hat in 2021? 2x

On my end, it's still on heavy rotation and I consider it one of NCT 127's best songs they've ever released. 2x It's also my favorite song released in 2021.

eOpFkVy.png

• listened to it day 1 and i was so stunned i couldnt process it properly, second listen became one of my favorite songs of the year lmao. top 5 127 titles over all. sticker slays my life amen :pepe-pray: to this day i will do anything and everything for queen sticker, the holy one :pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray:

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• 2x ALL HAIL QUEEN STICKER FIRST OF HER NAME LONG MAY SHE REIGN 2x

I was here when it dropped and first I was like 2x and then I was like 2x and now I'm like 2x

• butterbutterfly I’ve been so swamped with so many all day meetings this week, I really appreciate all your comeback posts this week! :cheer-bunny:

I loved Sticker from the first time I heard it.

It’s a roller coaster of a song the first time you hear it.

I started head bopping and dancing right away to that deep groove. The flute was interesting and reminded me of some of the really interesting things that had happened a few years back in American hip hop from Future and Drake. (And even further back to the instrumentals in Get Your Freak On.) Then it hit the glorious vocal of the chorus and I was like yaaaassssss. The variation of the flute through Mark’s rap. Taeil and Haechan in their lower registers, Jaehyun in his higher. By this point, I’m full on chair dancing. Waiting for a majestic NCT bridge and being completely surprised. Not the full vocal show I expect but now I’m rolling up to the party.

I loved it so much I had to listen to it several more times before I could even talk about it.

I wasn’t surprised to see it was polarizing but I was surprised how hostile people were about it. That really startled me. It seemed to cause such a visceral reaction. Which I guess wtg for having such a strong impact? Today it’s not quite as much but man when you said you not only liked the song but loved it, people ran around chasing you down in threads to insult you some more about it (“your taste sucks! You liked sticker!” 😂)

I wore that song OUT.

And yet I never got tired of it.

C89DD6D8-FC10-4272-9414-B5C880502963.jpg

These are my most listened to songs from 2021.

The song came out in September. ^^

Those Baekhyun and WayV songs came out in January and March.

Like I wore out Hot Sauce and Action Figure too and had to take a break but Sticker never got old for me. In fact, Sticker will probably be in my most listened to for this year too.

It’s so complex and interesting and unexpected that it moved into place as my favorite NCT 127 song, bumping Superhuman, which represents the other side of NCT, the glorious r&b sounds that’s usually in the bsides. (It moved into a tie but I think it’s inched ahead because I think about what I listen to so often..)

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk about Queen Sticker.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!