Why is JYP so desperately trying to give all of his groups some kind of an image?

• People have previously complained that Twice sticking to their image but look at Itzy. I mean, at least Twice's image works for them. Meanwhile Itzy are stuck in their "itz different concept" aka "weird concept" and no sign that they'll ever escape it. And judging from Nmixx teasers and the name of the song, it is also gonna be something close to O.O, I can already feel it.

It seems like JYP is trying to collect some kind of a diversity portfolio instead of focusing on success of his groups. Like he's even debuting bands at this age. The bands will never do as good as normal groups, he definitely knows it. There is no financial incentive in this, he just wants to constantly have a band in his label I guess?

• Dreamer95

Changed the title of the thread from “Why is JYP so desperately trying to give all of his ggs some kind of an image?” to “Why is JYP so desperately trying to give all of his groups some kind of an image?”.
  • I mean I see it makes sense, you sell the product and if it works you produce more of said product, if the product does not work then do you change or try again after few times of it not working? like at what point do you decide to change the 'theme' of a group and change what people know or expect?

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• having a specific branding or image would make the group stand out in a very crowded market

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because you can't rely on the same fans to support multiple active groups that have the same concept. That would spread the resources of those fans too thin.

So you need to have your active groups appeal to different audiences/demographics.

If there's some cross-over between the fans of your groups, that's great, but you can't bank on it.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Because that's how it works. Groups develop an image of some kind either through their music style or physical style and that attracts fans who are looking for something up their alley. JYP groups is no different. Whether people like those images is another story

• I don’t stan that company if they failed to give Nmixx a. Good song I will burn that company they are so stuck at 2015 when they gonna learn straykids way of music is just for bg let Nmixx free for this stupidity and itzy when. They release sneaker tf I’m done with that company then do back to back releases to twice fk that company and fire all these creative directors from that company and the one whose scheduling them

• I mean I see it makes sense, you sell the product and if it works you produce more of said product, if the product does not work then do you change or try again after few times of it not working? like at what point do you decide to change the 'theme' of a group and change what people know or expect?

And what do you do when that image simply doesn't work?

• And what do you do when that image simply doesn't work?

This is what i'm getting at, if I was JYP I would do a 3 point rule - but.. even if I don't like ITZYs music direction and I think Sneakers is really bad as a title track.. it still sold

But I think that is a problem with popular groups in a way, if bad (i'm my opinion) song sell then the company will never change because they look at numbers.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!