Armys, what are your expectations from the Hyundai BTS World Cup song?

• Do you think it will be released like Ioniq, just an ad song on Hyundai's youtube channel or will it have a normal release.

If it’s an official fifa song, it can be their own channel just like shakira’s hit. But if it’s for Hyundai, it’s definitely on their ad channel

Also what do you think its genre will be?

I hope it’s a banger. Like most of their hype tracks. Something like ON, Fire, micdrop or even Idol(it gives me football festive vibe) will smash. I don’t think a pop track will do so well here

Will it be played during World Cup ads globally like some earlier sponsor songs have been played?

If it has happened before then it will happen with BTS too

What do you think are the chances of BTS performing it at the opening ceremony?

If BTS does get invited to perform, then that’s track they are playing 100%.

• It is WC campaign song, not their comeback, so I am not expecting anything really, but some WC songs are pretty iconic, so hope it is a bop and has MV which features BTS' football skills.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better than Messi imho

• I mean it's world cup song

probably one of main songs

so it should be iconic one

and easy for fans around the world to follow

catchy chorus

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I believe this is Ricky Martin performing the World Cup Song at the 1999 Grammy Awards

External Content youtu.be

• What bad image?

The whole WC is overshadowed by a lot of weird incidents and the country where it is being held. There are a lot of inconsistencies with death of workers, human rights and environmental issues. The election was already really controversial and overshadowed with a lot of corruption scandals of the Fifa. A lot of my friends who religiously love football, are sitting this one out and boycott it. A lot of people even want their football teams to boycott this WC.

• The whole WC is overshadowed by a lot of weird incidents and the country where it is being held. There are a lot of inconsistencies with death of workers, human rights and environmental issues. The election was already really controversial and overshadowed with a lot of corruption scandals of the Fifa. A lot of my friends who religiously love football, are sitting this one out and boycott it. A lot of people even want their football teams to boycott this WC.

oh, i see. i haven't been following anything related to the event :)

i think you are german? i assume your friends are young adults and left-leaning and them boycotting makes sense. but i can bet that the average football fans either don't know about this or don't care, they just want to enjoy their favorite sport. which says a lot about us as human beings...

• There is scandal at every Olympics. There is scandal and abuses going on at every level of sports in the US. Is there any sporting competition that does not have its fair share of corruption

• I really don’t know :/ Could be in English or just something for the Korean team to be played during breaks (which is already good promo)

It’s cute seeing US armys learning about World Cup tho, I feel like that when they talk about super bowl lol

• i think you are german? i assume your friends are young adults and left-leaning

Literally not since they are from the most conservative part of Germany, are part of football club fandoms (like official ones and even pay enough money each year), go to a lot of games (one guy goes to every game), pay extra subscription for streaming services and literally vote a conservative party and are still against this. There are a lot of people criticizing it. It’s not a small controversy. This has been a topic for a long time and is even reported in the most important football and news mediums (like national wide) of Germany and Germany does do anything for football (like ignoring pandemic rules and stuff). It’s not a small controversy by left leaning people. It was also debated by foreign football clubs and it was even investigated by Amnesty.

There is scandal at every Olympics. There is scandal and abuses going on at every level of sports in the US. Is there any sporting competition that does not have its fair share of corruption

Just because things happen does not make it right. I also didn’t watch Olympics this year. Choosing to ignore a problem is not a solution.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!