Internet culture never changes huh?

• IVE's Liz continues to receive harassment about her weight gain
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

Here they are again tearing a child apart for weighing a normal weight, just like Kayla, just like Umji. And then when she gets an ED they're like "oh no". I don't think there is a single idol out there without some form of an eating disorder. Some idols scare me with how thin they are.

• some of the comments there are really disturbing... jfc and i'm not surprised the source is Sojang :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• some of the comments there are really disturbing

Comments from I fans aren't any better. Any time I try to talk about idols being very skinny they go "you're body shaming them." No b%%ch.

Personally, I have something of an ED myself. Never officially diagnozed but I struggle with eating a lot. And these idols are even skinner than me. Won-young is especially concerning her recent performances.....it's scary.

• Comments from I fans aren't any better. Any time I try to talk about idols being very skinny they go "you're body shaming them." No b%%ch.

Personally, I have something of an ED myself. Never officially diagnozed but I struggle with eating a lot. And these idols are even skinner than me. Won-young is especially concerning her recent performances.....it's scary.

yes ifans can be even worse when it comes to dismissing how concerning some idols weights are.. theres a reason kpop is so big in ed places :pepe-shame:

I still remember when somi shared a picture of her weight and height and when people were calling out how bad it was both for her to be weighing that little and for her to be sharing it people called it "body shaming". it took until her admitting in a radio interview that she was having trouble with her health because of her weight loss for some to even admit there was a problem.

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• yes ifans can be even worse

The truth is they want these idols to be skinny but don't want to admit it. At least the k netizens admit it. There is a difference between "I'm concerned this idol is too skinny for their health" and "lmao she's a skeleton".

I remember when a twice member, I think it was momo but I'm not sure, talked about how she was dieting so hard she was scared she wouldn't wake up in the morning. And they just laughed it off. Even in variety shows when they talk about being weighted and being forbidden to eat they treat it as a joke.

This is the industry standard, those comments reflect how the industry also thinks, they view it as an idol's job to be skinny and conform to the Korean beauty standard.

• Comments from I fans aren't any better. Any time I try to talk about idols being very skinny they go "you're body shaming them." No b%%ch.

Bc we shouldn't put their bodies under a lens and analyze it either way.

This hyper attention to how bodies look is a major contributor to ED for teenagers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yes ifans can be even worse when it comes to dismissing how concerning some idols weights are.. theres a reason kpop is so big in ed places :pepe-shame:

I still remember when somi shared a picture of her weight and height and when people were calling out how bad it was both for her to be weighing that little and for her to be sharing it people called it "body shaming". it took until her admitting in a radio interview that she was having trouble with her health because of her weight loss for some to even admit there was a problem.

why is this false narrative continue to spread she got an iv because of lack of sleep that translated post was bs about her struggling with her weight she literally said she was afraid to share this with her fans because people were going to assume it was about her weight

• why is this false narrative continue to spread she got an iv because of lack of sleep that translated post was bs about her struggling with her weight she literally said she was afraid to share this with her fans because people were going to assume it was about her weight

Fair enough.. but its obviously connected to her concerning weight.. she was in the 40s range at 172 cm :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• also forgot to mention how these idols get pushed more into their diets because they will get the most attention when they are skinny.. e.g yuna and somi. Pannchoa posts about somi during her cb all had comments about her weight and how good she looked.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!