Are certain nations like China, Japan or Philippines too invested in K Pop?

• I was just thinking the other day, like I'd absolutely hate outsiders to come and dominate the local artists. Like I'd be okay until a certain point, culture exchange and blabla but if I see a huge portion of youth idolize foreigners my inner nationalism would definitely explode I think.

Luckily it is not possible in my country where kpop will always remain a niche but when, for example, the "boycott Japan" movement started in Korea and on the other hand Kpop groups were breaking records in Japan, I couldn't help but think "Whoa, Japan has definitely lost to Korea with this kind of youth". Like I'd definitely not be able to stan a Korean group when their country is launching a boycott campaign against mine. And seeing how these countries continue supporting K Entertainment despite all the friction and racism is pretty daebak I think.

Thoughts?

• kpop is still a niche in china.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• american media domimatea whole world but why its problem if its kpop? Anyways even in these countries western music is im sure much more popular than kpop.

• Kpop doesn't dominate Japan tho.. A few specific Kpop groups like BTS and Twice and some that Kpop companies jointly groups with Japanese companies like J01 or INI are quite popular. Even BTS is not as well known to the GP as ABC-Z, which is the least popular group of Johnnys. The fact that Japan's population is old and that the majority of this population does not show interest in Kpop has an effect on this. They are more popular among young people.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Indonesian buy purchase for their kpop fans

The cbar re best

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In PH, there might still be judging eyes if people know you're a kpop fan, but I would say KPOP as in the music is widely acceptable already. KPOP can be heard everywhere in malls, streets, radio, TV, etc. I see nugu groups having fanbase here, of course not as large as the top and mid groups, but still.

In the music scene, OPM and West Pop are still dominant but KPOP is already widely supported.

• but the top kpop groups very successful globally which means that if one wants to go global then getting into kpop like China/Japan/PH maybe a good idea...since if they train and fail or train and debut and fail they always have the option of returning to the home country and trying again...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!