I'm shocked to the fact the people think...

• that blackpink need bts to stand out when my girls are slaying since august 2016. We all know that bts is big but they aren't the center of the world and blackpink it's not your random kpop group that needs others groups help to be relevant. It's 2021 so it's time for you to wake up.

• still they have not many but few people who think they are the best kpop group and love them more than anything, they are special

thats also true...on some levels like calling every person 'special'

but using special in that sense would mean every group is special and thus devalue the meaning of the word...

• every kpop group is vastly different from each other

and what is norm :?: for everyone norm is different

for me ATEEZ, SKZ & TREASURE are very special but for some they are just one of those boygroups

but not every group though there are ao mamy nugu groups and groups we may never even have heard of so...

therefore not every group can be special though ?

exactly everyone's norm may be different but collectively one can come to some kind of consensus correct ?

• having a min level of general awareness doesn't mean special

having fan who have specific taste that enjoys ur music & performances mean special

nugu groups :?: maybe under different company tag they wouldn't be nugu

sorry i should have said min level of general awareness to be even considered special

paragraph 3 makes absolute sense you are absolutely correct but the problem is they're not so they remain nugu

• they remain nugu cuz people go for success & popularity

but who are we to judge others for what they like or not?

and its also the chicken and egg situation isn't it ?

what came first the fans liking the group causing increased popularity or increased popularity causing increase in fans ?

• but who are we to judge others for what they like or not?

and its also the chicken and egg situation isn't it ?

what came first the fans liking the group causing increased popularity or increased popularity causing increase in fans ?

who are u to say some groups are not special

people don't give them chance cuz they only care about big company groups

also marketing, mediaplay & brainwashing plays a huge role in exposure of groups

• who are u to say some groups are not special

people don't give them chance cuz they only care about big company groups

also marketing, mediaplay & brainwashing plays a huge role in exposure of groups

but its not up to me its the very definition of the word

(from google)

better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.
    "they always made a special effort at Christmas"

and like i said i completely agree with your second and third paragraph but just because it is so doesnt change the fact they are nugu

you cant make someone like a group they've never heard of correct ?

• usual differs from people to people, for me X group is just usual group but A group is special, for some A group is usual, X group is special

why being nugu means nothing special

there are so many artists whose priority is not to become popular but to release the music that only expresses their own world & own self, and only certain few people can relate to it

• usual differs from people to people, for me X group is just usual group but A group is special, for some A group is usual, X group is special

why being nugu means nothing special

there are so many artists whose priority is not to become popular but to release the music that only expresses their own world & own self, and only certain few people can relate to it

well thats the same issue as if a tree falls in a forrest and no one is around does it still make a sound ?

your interpretation of what makes a group special is subjective and so is mine but it doesn't change the definition of special...

i completely agree with your last paragraph that releasing limited but meaningful music to a small number is still noteworthy but it does not neccessarily make them special

how about this then individually (ie to you or me) any group may be special to them but objectively (as in overall) they might or might not be to the whole

• how do u define whether the group is special or not special objectively

music is not science, it is an art that has built on feelings, aspirations & passion which are abstract things

• how do u define whether the group is special or not special objectively

music is not science, it is an art that has built on feelings, aspirations & passion which are abstract things

the second paragraph is true and i agree 100%...

objectively need to look at the definition of special

better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

"they always made

has the group done something, greater or otherwise different from what is usual ?

• define usual first

(again from google)

1. habitually or typically occurring or done; customary. "he carried out his usual evening routine"

Similar: habitual

customary

accustomed

wonted

normal

routine

regular

constant

standard

typical

established

recognized

set

fixed

settled

stock

conventional

traditional

orthodox

accepted

expected

predictable

familiar

average

general

ordinary

everyday

daily

quotidian

Opposite: unusual

strange

exceptional

noun

1. the thing which is typically done or present. "the band was
  • so what kpop group is usual and what kpop group is special objectively ?

with brief explanation

• so what kpop group is usual and what kpop group is special objectively ?

with brief explanation

with all due respect groups like Aespa is currently the norm they havent done anything special from their concept to their song choices etc etc...

black mumba as a song is not new, forever is definately not new

but once their ai side comes in then its special...

(i'm only going to comment on gg since i dont know much about bg)

groups like purple kiss tri.be stayc are usual they havent broken the norm of what is usual (whether its the concept the group members or otherwise)

something like kard is special for their mixed group dynamics

3ye has three members which is special whilst being a nugu group

• so by ur objectivity

all the groups u have mentioned are not special

Kard - no co-ed group has existed way before then in korea Cool (1994), Roo'ra (1994), Coed school (2010) after them Triple H etc

3YE - 3 member kpop group has existed way before then in korea S.E.S (they were really popular), JYJ, S.E.T, Gavy NJ etc

try again :S

• so by ur objectivity

all the groups u have mentioned are not special

Kard - no co-ed group has existed way before then in korea Cool (1994), Roo'ra (1994), Coed school (2010) after them Triple H etc

3YE - 3 member kpop group has existed way before then in korea S.E.S (they were really popular), JYJ, S.E.T, Gavy NJ etc

try again :S

i could be wrong...lol

hell i'm wrong about my actual opinions more times than i'm right

well to my knowledge there is no current group that is active and is mixed hence rhe specialness

to my knowledge there is no current group that is 3 members hence the specialness

btw i hope you are enjoying our discussion i might not be neccessarily right nor neccessarily wrong - its the discussion that is most interesting for me... :-P

• there are so many current groups that has 3 members lol

• really who that is currently active ?

btw you are enjoying the discussion right ?

the only problem is they don't have budget

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• everyone, every group is special

Well, I don't know about that. Some groups arguably are quite generic.

But a group doesn't have to break charts to be special.

Dreamcatcher is special: they're the only group with a bold rock/metal sound.

(G)I-DLE is special: they're the only self-produced girl group.

Hell, even PRISMA is special: they're a 5-member group with only two Koreans, and two of the foreign members are not even Asian (one Italian and one Spanish). So they're special. Doesn't mean that their debut doesn't suck though.

• some groups can be generic to one, but can be special to other

for me ATEEZ, SKZ are very special but some say they are generic try hard badass dark concept boygroup

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!