Knets release statement demanding the withdrawal of Mingyu from Seventeen + frustated with the way Pledis handle it

• a544addb-e060-45ce-8ecc-7396b054ef6f.jpeg
    T/N: we'll paraphrase

Standardized mass email subject: We are demanding the withdrawal of Mingyu from Seventeen

Mass email's address: protect@pledis.co.kr

Mass emailing time: 2021/2/6 22:00-23:00 (sending after this time is ok)

Mass email's content:

We request the withdrawal of Seventeen's Mingyu (referred to as Kim Mingyu) who used school violence against the weak, such as women and the disabled, as soon as possible.

On the 22nd, an online community wrote a post titled 'Male idol with iljin roots, Kim X-kyu, a member of SeXX'. Although the controversy grew due to the article, which contains specific evidence of school violence, Pledis Entertainment has only officially stated that they were obvious false claims. Since then, additional victims' testimonies and proofs have been posted one after another, but since the 22nd, Pledis has remained silent without any rebuttal or expressing its position. The Union does not agree with this response from Pledis, and we are forwarding our opinion.

1. We demand Kim Mingyu's personal apology and Pledis' official statement

2. We demand the withdrawal of Mingyu and the suspension of his promotions as a celebrity.

School violence is a social crime that cannot be forgiven for any reason. In the current Republic of Korea, pop culture is having a tremendous influence on the daily life of individuals beyond social culture. In particular, the idol industry exerts direct and indirect influence on teenagers. As an entertainment agency leading popular culture, I hope that Pledis will not overlook the serious responsibility and we urge you to clearly recognize the seriousness of school violence and the importance of artist management, and to announce your position as soon as possible.

post response:
    [+1,024][-286]
    original post: here

1. [+444, -96]
    Who cares about where this statement was from..?? Isn't withdrawing a members like him the right thing to do? What good would it be to continue with him for the remaining members? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+231, -162]
    What Carats from Female Generation (T/N: Female Generation/FG is an internet cafe in Daum Cafe)?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ you should've uploaded this in FG, why upload this on Pann? I know that you guys were the ones who spread Seventeen's rumors and
    are getting sued. There are no Carats there. Me too I hate Mingyu but I can see that you guys are getting excited over someone possibly withdrawing. Why are you guys posting this without consulting anyone?

3. [+206, -157]
    If it's true, this is the right thing to do but where are you guys from?...

4. [+148, -10]
    Pann is the best place to gain exposure so that's why they posted it here. Do you really think that trolls would post something this sincere?

5. [+128, -30]
    What's up with the comments here? I'm seriously dumbfounded ㅋㅋ Just reading the content, you can tell that it was written by Carats. Looks like because they didn't participate in this, they think that this is fake

6. [+119, -5]
    Calling them "trolls", are you crazy? Do you think that they would take their time to write a sincere statement... get in your right mind and go send some emails

Posted on February 27, 2021

A whole day has past and they haven't announced anythingㅋㅋ I feel like they're still debating on whether to release an official statement and will just try to pass the burden in silence. So only Seventeen's image has been ruined and the fans' heads exploded

post response:

[+621][-24]

original post: here

1. [+240, -3]

Just because of that one member, Seventeen will be known as the school-violence group and we'll have to become the ones burying our groupㅋㅋㅋ Please never show yourself again in the public seriously

2. [+218, -5]

Is that member seriously not going to withdraw? Calling them the "controversial group" will be the bare minimum, the worst is hearing f*cking lots of school violence talks and I'll be freaking disillusioned. There will be tons of OT12 supporters appearing too

3. [+152, -2]

No but please, if the 2nd wave of accusations were real, then please please withdraw for the sake of the rest of the members who've came such a long way. If it's not true, Pledis release a statement already

4. [+127, -74]

But wasn't there a member who wrote hate comments towards Soshi too and they just stayed silentㅋㅋ To be honest I've even seen some fans claiming that he reads tons of books and that he's some smart kid and promoting his personality ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+61, -0]

I seriously can't understand why the company can't bring themselves to release a statement. Seventeen's image is being ruined right now and I'm seriously getting annoyed playing dumb while waiting. Those brainless fans are swearing at the victims and Mingyu and Carats are getting sworn at by the general public. Meanwhile Pledis is still pretending they don't know what's happening and shutting their mouth;;;

6. [+55, -1]

The more the company tries to overlook this, the more the fans will also try to overlook this... Just look at how Chanyeol ignored it and he still has so many fans supporting him

7. [+40, -38]

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ ...;; He'll hide behind the company just like how he did with Itaewon, he seriously has no shame if he hides again..ㅋ

8. [+35, -0]

They have Goobne Chicken, Cosmopolitan and now they even have their magazine through Going Seventeen... It's not like they only have to shoot once, they have shot countless amount of videos/photos, Pledis, if you don't want to shoot yourself in the head, make him withdraw already

9. [+32, -1]

His fans are committing secondary assault right now, I hope the victims sue

• Mingyu and Pledis are taking too long to release a letter/statement, it's only making things worse. We, as fans and consumers of the group, deserve any kind of news.

If things happen to be true, he has to leave the group, and I hope the victim gets justice or whatever she wants.

• I'm not a Carat but have some friends who are Svt fans, I didn't know this (or the Hyunjin issue) had blown up so much - surprised there's no statement yet?

It may actually be the Bighit influence - this is how they deal with bigger controversies and rumors, like with the Nov 2018 issue it took many days before a statement came out because they must have been discussing and researching the best response. Not defending it, as there are pluses and minuses to both the instant reaction and the measured one, but it could be why this is taking forever.

• Pledis NEEDS to release a statement or apology. Even if it's something generic like "We're still investigating facts", any statement is better than none. At this point it's becoming unprofessional and making it look like they're trying to sweep the trouble under the rug (which, they probably are, but a generic statement would make that easier).

Regardless of what they do with Mingyu, they could salvage the band. And SEVENTEEN is this company's livelihood, so they NEED this band. But at this rate, the longer they wait the more the other members have to suffer for what isn't their fault.

• I'm not a Carat but have some friends who are Svt fans, I didn't know this (or the Hyunjin issue) had blown up so much - surprised there's no statement yet?

It may actually be the Bighit influence - this is how they deal with bigger controversies and rumors, like with the Nov 2018 issue it took many days before a statement came out because they must have been discussing and researching the best response. Not defending it, as there are pluses and minuses to both the instant reaction and the measured one, but it could be why this is taking forever.

What I think is: because this is a serious issue, they're taking all this time to research and stuff. Sunday, Mingyu was accused of bullying, but it was debunked because the story had too many holes. This time, however, the victim has presented proof, that's why I'm on her side.

I don't know how BH works in terms of statement, but I think both Pledis and Big Hit are thinking in a way to solve this situation that will not affect the group too much. SVT is Pledis' biggest group, and I guess BH bought the company as investment, so they probably don't want to lose money.

I feel like they'll release something on Monday...

• There shouldn't be a problem with letting the company fully investigate. It can't happen within a few days. People pushing for him to be put out just want an resolution to this "storyline" so they can move on to the next.

I'd rather they take the time to get the full picture, than a kneejerk withdrawal. Look at the other idols who've left to protect their group then been found innocent - or at least had it found that they didn't really need to leave.

If they can't disprove the sexual harassment claim it's going to be near impossible for him to stay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!