xiaojun in hot water (?)

• apparently chinese speaking fans are saying that what he said is misogynistic

i don't speak chinese so i wouldn't know

clips in the rest of the thread

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

another person saying its true

• From what I heard it sounds like he said

- You need to train your voice

- He gave an analogy that your voice is like a woman

- You need to pamper your voice and treat it nice like how you would treat a woman nice

- 0:12 mark was a bit unclear, sounds like he said if you voice is bad/worsens you need to go get help/see doctor

The translation does seem misleading? It felt more like they misunderstood him?

What OP translated from 4 sec onwards as direct as I can translate it "you need to train your voice, like woman need to pamper"

OP seem to translate that "if you don't train your voice you will sound like a woman" but from what I heard it's more like "you need to train your voice, like woman you need to pamper them"

Maybe "pamper" isn't really the appropriate word, but the word "宠" if you direct translate it, it means "pet", but the way he used it in the sentence it kinda meant "宠爱“, which means more like "pamper/coax/give love", which is perfectly fine

• i honestly dont know but it seems like it

if you check the rest of the threads both of the people who did the translation say they speak chinese fluently

• ok thanks

im glad its not as bad as it seems considering that a majority of their fans are women

This translation seem more accurate, similar to what I translated. The first translation was a mistranslation, and they had the nerve to say they are fluent in Chinese .....

• This seems more realistic. He'd have to really have nothing between his ears to sit there on a live and tell his target demographic that they shouldn't be accommodated or they'll get too pampered. Because that's a way to lose all of your support except for the internalized misogyny crew.

• This seems more realistic. He'd have to really have nothing between his ears to sit there on a live and tell his target demographic that they shouldn't be accommodated or they'll get too pampered. Because that's a way to lose all of your support except for the internalized misogyny crew.

And in the OP, one person said "xiaojun clearly holds traditional views about women’s place in the world. he belittle women into nothing but species that only give birth, fatshamed a woman within hearing distance, he once said my vocals is like women. cant pamper (her), or (she’ll) become spoilt during a live"

This makes zero sense he had no mention of anything about woman giving birth, or fatshaming

• This translation seem more accurate, similar to what I translated. The first translation was a mistranslation, and they had the nerve to say they are fluent in Chinese .....

the mainland people do tend to be misogynistic though, not saying that xj is misogynistic but it's so common in c entertainment that nobody would bat an eyelash if he said something offensive to women.

celebrities in china do tend to be like that, women pressure man to be manly and men pressure woman to be feminine.

body shaming is also common in their tv show.

• the mainland people do tend to be misogynistic though, not saying that xj is misogynistic but it's so common in c entertainment that nobody would bat an eyelash if he said something offensive to women.

celebrities in china do tend to be like that, women pressure man to be manly and men pressure woman to be feminine.

body shaming is also common in their tv show.

I guess, but honestly what he said doesn't really seem to be problematic to me, I mean there are some words which I can't hear properly because he didn't pronounce them properly but it doesn't seem bad

• nctzens literally cant take anything seriously ;(

there's also this

• there's also this

"嗓子不能像女人一樣" was literally not what he said. That sentence meant "throat cannot be like woman" which of course sounds insulting

What he said was "像女人一样嗓子真的要宠”, which means "throat is like a woman, must treat gently/pamper"

How the fk do they say they speak fluent Mandarin?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!