Does anyone still boil their water?

• i can understand it if you come from China or another country where the water is unfit for consumption right out of the tap but for me even living in Australia a country where we have the luxury of clean drinkable water i still boil my water before i drink it...

it probably stems from me being chinese and my parents still so as well but yeah anyobe else boil their water prior to consumption

• No, I drink it from the tap. I actually use a filter because of the taste. But when I lived somewhere we couldn't drink it from the tap we just used a carbon filter or bought mineral water.

• i can understand it if you come from China or another country where the water is unfit for consumption right out of the tap but for me even living in Australia a country where we have the luxury of clean drinkable water i still boil my water before i drink it...

it probably stems from me being chinese and my parents still so as well but yeah anyobe else boil their water prior to consumption

oF cOuRsE tO mAkE sPaGhEtTi AnD rIcE

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• oF cOuRsE tO mAkE sPaGhEtTi AnD rIcE

i love spaghetti and rice

you dont need to boil water to make rice you just put it the rice cooker (yes i know the water will boil)

i see you rainbowblink224 with the small letters and upper case letters mAybe it wIll be ouR thinG nOw

• The people who have been around for a minute in my area know not to drink the tap water unless it's reverse osmosis filtered or from a natural source. Regular filters are okay if you don't have a better alternative. Boiling the tap water here won't really do anything.

• LMAO oKaY

hOw aBout we maKe a Game of iT the firSt peRson to nOt uSe a mIx of uPPer CAse anD LOwer caSE has to chANge theiR SIg to someTHIng of the OtHer's choosIng for letS sAy 24 hRs

(rules so like the change in sig is completely up to the winners discretion but comforming within the forum rules. obviously the game only applies to direct quotes to and from each other and not all posts)

• altho bottled water readily available here, i still boil water coz my house still use water pump. i feel it's better for the environment too, bottled water cause so much plastic waste.

but when i used to live abroad where i can drink tap water, i only use water filter coz the water tasted a bit funny. the filter solved that problem.

• Yeah I always have, and I have a water purifier.

Plus where I live the flats are old and share a water tank system which can get contaminated so it's best to boil the water anyway.

You still have to boil water for babies also.

• hOw aBout we maKe a Game of iT the firSt peRson to nOt uSe a mIx of uPPer CAse anD LOwer caSE has to chANge theiR SIg to someTHIng of the OtHer's choosIng for letS sAy 24 hRs

(rules so like the change in sig is completely up to the winners discretion but comforming within the forum rules. obviously the game only applies to direct quotes to and from each other and not all posts)

hOw aBout we maKe a Game of iT the firSt peRson to nOt uSe a mIx of uPPer CAse anD LOwer caSE has to chANge theiR SIg to someTHIng of the OtHer's choosIng for letS sAy 24 hRs

cHaLlEnGe AcCePtEd

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I am drinking filtered water from different tap directly. but my parents (both Chinese) still drink boiled water, cool or warm, they believe boiled water is healthier. and I found these on line:

The Chinese have been drinking hot water since at least the 4th century B.C. At that time, hot beverages were seen to expel humidity from the body, while cold beverages could, naturally, cool the body down. But not everyone had access to the luxury of fuel for a stove. Thus, hot water was reserved for those who needed it the most, namely pregnant women, the elderly, and the sick.

And so, gradually, there grew to be a connection between health and hot water.

According to ancient Chinese medicine, drinking a glass of warm water in the morning helps kick-start the digestive system. Hot water and warm water, because of its temperature, supposedly aids blood flow. As your blood circulation increases, it helps detoxify your body and reduce painful contractions of muscles. Sore throat? Drink some warm water. Menstrual cramps? Stop drinking cold stuff and switch to some hot water.

On the other hand, cold water slows down organ function and causes muscles to contract.

Some Chinese people also believe that during meals, you shouldn’t be mixing hot food with cold water, as this creates an imbalance of temperature.

• I'm chinese and boiling water has been too deeply ingrained into me hahaha

• No. Considering that the tap water is perfectly drinkable everywhere here and high quality, just as good or even better than bottled, it would be a very weird thing to do.

The first time I went abroad and realised people bought bottled water at the stores to drink at home was a shocker to me. Only time you buy water here is in the summer, you’re outside and it’s super hot or if you’re really thirsty and know you won’t be home in a while. I thought water was kinda like air when I was a kid, not something you ever needed to worry about.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!