Do you consider yourself eloquent when you speak?

• Yes I do. I've always had good diction and spoken well. I'm always polite and only swear when I'm angry or frustrated. As an introvert, I'm better at the written word than spoken and have always excelled at writing. I love journalling and get praised by people who read it. I'm better at expressing myself by writing down how I feel.

• nah eyy! I think I'm enthusiastic but not very well-spoken on the regular! Though I do switch it up in professional places, or when I'm having a serious discussion. Otherwise, I'm very carefree and use a whole lotta slang.

• depends in who im talking to, tbh. like during school presentations i don't think so because i try to keep everyone engaged, and i don't do that through using fancy words, but i make sure its well-articulated and my message comes across. my writing is definitely more formal, though.

• Sometimes I'm not that good at explaining stuff while writing in English. Sometimes it is because of the fact that it isn't my first language.

I try to use correct grammar and spelling, when I write. As if I'm writing a school assignment or something similar.

I try not to curse, even though that does happen. (I feel like I curse more on text than I do orally)

When I'm speaking in Faroese, which is my native language, I sometimes try to speak as "Faroese" as possible. (meaning not using Danish or English words when I speak it) But it depends on, who I'm talking to.

Also, when I'm writing in Faroese, I try to write it as Faroese as possible. (I might seem a bit formal while writing it)

• I'm like you with English, I can never explain myself well enough. But I struggle with my own native language too (though it improved after I started working and speaking in a more professional setting).

I don't curse too much in English orally either because it doesn't come naturally to me. In my native language well, that's a different story.

Must be awesome being fluent in 3 different languages!

• I talk very broken up, kind or erratic and lots of pausing to collect my thoughts, which makes people interrupt me a lot as they think I'm finished talking, I definitely wouldn't describe my way of speaking as eloquent.

Plus I often talk way too quiet without meaning to.

(English is my first and only language)

Heart B B B Beat

Red Velvet Cookie Jar gifs - Celebrity Photos & Videos - OneHallyu

• When I write, yeah, I make sure that my spelling, grammar, and punctuation are correct and that what I'm writing makes sense. For some reason, I don't care as much when I'm just sending texts though. But when making posts here, yeah.

When I'm speaking, ehhh. I don't think I pay attention to it but I think sometimes it just comes naturally.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I think so, yes. If I really try, that is. Sometimes I’ll speak with maximum efficiency other times I’ll use improper English. It just depends. The writing aspect though, poetry and all that, I’m always eloquent.

₊˚ʚ 𓆩♡𓆪𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓬𝓻𝔂, 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼𓆩♡𓆪₊˚ʚ

fa6dce8704ae496963be03dfbd728787790c1410.gifv189dcb1109db946ed324799b0f2ffdcc7ea478b1.gifv52fccf32632f5775b5aaf5c3f57a474a7ccf6ef9.gifv

• I've always been told I do within work settings and such. I tend to write how I speak so there isn't much difference between them other than topic focused language depending on what it is I'm writing.

At home I'm more switched off unless I'm required to explain something.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!