J-Hope - More [First Listen]

• Let's see what he has in store for us...

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Things I liked :-

1. Instrumental goes crazy. Those heavy hip hop beats infused with ROCK influence.... A killer combo.

2. Verses are phenomenal. I catched the "Dali" reference in the first listen, I'm proud of myself.

3. Great Performance by J-Hope.

Things I didn't like :-

1. Chorus can come off as weak sometimes...

Final rating :- 9/10

Conclusion :- This is how you release a pre-release single. I'm intrigued by this and I think album is going to be phenomenal if it's anything similar to this song. Man, I'm impressed beyond words.

All I can say is :- JHOOOOOOOPE

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? ANY STANDOUT MOMENTS?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I mean if he had gone full on rock during the chorus with the lyrics as well then it would have been a perfect chorus because instrumental is very strong during the chorus. With the lack of words during the chorus it sometimes feels empty. I personally don't like only instrumental choruses as well so it might be just me.....

Ah okay. Got it.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I love the verses and the flow. My opinion is that I would like the vocals to be louder in the chorus!!

• I love it. There are little echoes everywhere to previous works of his. It’s a real mirror of his dark self. I actually love the sparsity in the chorus. Feels like a primal scream or something.

I think my favourite bit of the whole song though is where it drops back a little ‘Inhale inhale exhale exhale’.

• I personally liked that weak but crazed voice in the chorus, like shouting his innermost desire. But totally understandable some people prefer it louder.

• I love it. There are little echoes everywhere to previous works of his. It’s a real mirror of his dark self. I actually love the sparsity in the chorus. Feels like a primal scream or something.

I think my favourite bit of the whole song though is where it drops back a little ‘Inhale inhale exhale exhale’.

I totally agree!! This is very much Hoseok style, just darker. I love that he still has his signature style but went totally different direction

And about the chorus, I read somewhere it was purposely “weak” because he is still in the box, and not able to vent his emotions out. It’s still pent up inside.. so I can’t wait for the album because they said it will tell a story.. hoping for that energy to burst out of the box!!

• Tbh chorus totally stuck in my head, I am really obsessed with it. I am not sure if it'd be good for a song if chorus or vocals were more loud cause thus rock vibe would probably be too strong while right now it's on a creepy side :/

Verses are indeed god-like, Hoseok's tongue technology is top notch.

• I mean if he had gone full on rock during the chorus with the lyrics as well then it would have been a perfect chorus because instrumental is very strong during the chorus. With the lack of words during the chorus it sometimes feels empty. I personally don't like only instrumental choruses as well so it might be just me.....

yeah it feels a bit empty especially when the instrumental hits hard like that lol

also the " i want some more" volume is way too low :pepe-sad:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I totally agree!! This is very much Hoseok style, just darker. I love that he still has his signature style but went totally different direction

And about the chorus, I read somewhere it was purposely “weak” because he is still in the box, and not able to vent his emotions out. It’s still pent up inside.. so I can’t wait for the album because they said it will tell a story.. hoping for that energy to burst out of the box!!

even more excited for the album now :pepe-shoooketh:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!