TXT's Loser=Lover first listen.....

• Let's see.....

First time doing a first listen for a group I am a fan of....It will be something new...

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Things I liked :-

1. Instrumentals throughout the song remind me of OneRepublic songs like Mercy, Stop and Stare etc.... That guitar is so moody. I like it.

2. I love the "Crying Crying" part, I can feel the emotions.

3. Good vocal performance. See

Things I didn't like :-

1. Half-time trap breakdown doesn't work here at ALL.

2. Chorus could have BEEN lot more engaging. The beginning of the chorus "RUN" is so good, but it doesn't hold up after that....

3. When they sing "I'm a Loser" there are "OHH" adlibs in the back, There's a subtle but also very noticeable scratchy distortion on the adlibs....I find it grating.

4. Post-chorus part drags..... Should have come up with something more creative....

Initial Rating :- 6.75/10

Updated Rating :- 8.5/10

Conclusion :- This track left me a little disappointed tbh. This sounds like what you hear from a B-side.....not a title track.

Update :- The Chorus hit a lot harder now. I don't find the distortion that much grating now....it's nice. Half time still doesn't work that well, but it's improved.

What do y'all think?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Edited once, last by daniel-cruz ().

• Love everything about it. TXT have a great sound and style the are cultivating. Their MV are always interesting and engaging. I like the sound and look they seem to be growing with. They get stronger each comeback, definitely moving away from what anyone else in K Pop is doing.

It’s a great song, mashing up some rock, some KPop, a ballad, a banger and a punk vibe hint. I’m on my fourth or fifth listen. They personally have a great charisma that is catching on.

• When the trap breakdowns are my favorite part…

Anyways, this track served the purpose of repack so I’m not disappointed, would listen to it again.

• Love everything about it. TXT have a great sound and style the are cultivating. Their MV are always interesting and engaging. I like the sound and look they seem to be growing with. They get stronger each comeback, definitely moving away from what anyone else in K Pop is doing.

It’s a great song, mashing up some rock, some KPop, a ballad, a banger and a punk vibe hint. I’m on my fourth or fifth listen. They personally have a great charisma that is catching on.

I hardly heard Ballad influence. Mind pointing me the specific portion?

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• 10/10 for me too.

I managed to listen properly. Earphones, listening it at least 3 times.

I love how it’s less of a hard song they I remembered. It does start with that nice guitar part and the guitar is all through the song. I like that all the members seem to sing lower then they usually do. It starts almost calm until Kai outcry. The chorus is amazing. It totally stuck in my head.

Yeonjun rap part is sooooo good and I seen the live version the last word the others were shouting with him, giving the song a totally new mood.

(About the choreo…I love the chorus choreo with the way they show loser and lover. )

:lover1:

This album:

-Rediscovered Soobin - maaaan I love his falsetto but that deep voice he doing here is so nice to hear!

-Yeonjun rap - always liked it but the second part is just sooo uuuuughhhhh!

-Beomgyu-yesss my boi! Show us more of you!

:peperich:

• Glad you liked it.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I guess it needed time to grow on you :thumbup:

• It doesn’t happen often to me but I do understand that there are some songs that don’t grab you right away and there are those that do. I’m more of the it’s either I like it in the first listen (usually the first couple of bars) or I don’t.

Glad that LOSER=LOVER grew on you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!