Victim A's lawyer gives interview about their meeting with Cube regarding Soojin's alleged bullying rumors

• On the 25th, Soojin's agency Cube Entertainment's official and Choo Sae-Ah, a lawyer from Haeyool, who served as legal representative of A and A met together.

In a phone call with YTN Star on this day, lawyer Choo Sae-Ah revealed "I wanted to hear the story from the company and confirm/check the facts." "The company also said that they were trying to overcome the situation, but we did not end up resolving misunderstandings nor did we receive an apology on that day (T/n: on the day they all met).”

"The company asked if they could arrange meetings with the other people who allegedly got 'harmed'. But the other victims said that there would be no reason to meet them if Soojin was not present, but the victim would deliver the company's intentions.". "As a result, there were no special conclusions,"

Lawyer Choo adds, "The company said that they would contact us, so we intend to wait for their acknowledgement and apology for the facts." "I don't actually want this to be publicized, but if there are no follow-up articles [about the meeting] this might raise misunderstandings."

"Face-to-face [meeting] is not the only answer, but the company said that they would come to check the facts, but since the person involved isn't there, what facts can we check and how can we resolve the misunderstanding? It seems that the company is also considering how to respond."

Earlier this day, A's side was planning to request the agency to acknowledge Soojin's school violence and apologize directly, and it was also revealed that the agency has delivered a position of 'Let's first grasp the facts' to A's side.

(T/N: the rest of the post is just a summary of everything that happened up until now)

original post: here

1. The worst

2. It would be good if the other victims were accompanied by a lawyer too ㅠㅠㅠ

3. The more it progresses, the dirtier this becomes

4. Looks like they didn't know that the victim's unnie was gonna bring a lawyer so in the end, they only got their dirty tricks exposed

5. Cube, I beg you, think about the other members

6. So dirty

7. It would've been better if they report it to PD Note

8. I think that because they don't want to pay the penalty fee for her CF, they are just trying to endure this until the end... The public has already turned their backs on her. If they want to at least save I-dle as a group, they should kick her out and make sure to keep her out of the entertainment world. If they go on like this, it will just ruin the group's image...

9. Save the other members ㅠㅠ

10. But I'm seriously curious.. what "facts" are they gonna check if the assailant isn't there..? Soojin needs to be there if they want some form of conclusion

• At this point, the optics have already set in.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Gidle or a Soojin fanboy, but its amazing how just a month ago they had their strongest comeback and now they may lose a central member.

• I don't want to defend her, but you can check facts without the assailant there. Stuff like "were you actually in X place at X time that you're making claims about", "do others who were there support your claims", that sort of thing. I work in a law firm, we do this stuff routinely and it doesn't require the parties to the claims. Presumably Cube has access to their own artist, so they can ask her anything they want at another time. It's probably better for the victim that she wasn't there, so that the victim could feel freer to tell their story. They don't need her there for an interview like this, and it's probably less intimidating to the victim if she isn't there, because her presence could inspire silence.

Her being away was appropriate, and if the company's law firm is indeed checking facts, they can reach her when needed. Don't criticize the people doing their jobs correctly just because you don't understand how those jobs work.

• I don't understand Cube wanting to meet with the alleged victims in person without Soojin - if they just want to "hear the facts" can't that be done legal team to legal team and if they are planning to pursue legal action, can't that also be done legal team to legal team... if Soojin is not there, what's the point of the victims being there either.

• I hate calling her "victim A" and not just A lol. She's not the victim, she's been speaking for her sister this entire time. Neither Soojin nor the alleged victim was there, so I'm not sure why anyone would have expected progress from this.

We did learn Cube will contact other victims and that "the truth may be different from remembered" statement from A's lawyers but that's it.

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• I could also see this reasoning too.

I imagine an in person meeting between her and Soojin will still happen one way or another at some point. Just not for this first meeting.

Respectfully, not necessarily. The more likely resolution is a settlement check to bullying victim, and no contact between them. That's how we'd handle it if it was a client of the firm I work at. Least trauma for everyone (the victim gets compensation and doesn't have to go through the ordeal of meeting her previous bully because then you're courting further therapy, the bully who is wealthy anyway just gives up money and doesn't have to do the whole mea culpa routine which they may or may not actually mean). I don't know about Korea, there are some cultural differences that mean they may actually meet, but if it was a client of my firm, we'd keep them as far apart as possible. Plus, if you do a meet-up, fans may want to see it, and then you have the whole headache of how to do a respectful video meet that makes your idol look good when one party strongly dislikes the other. Nope. Just nope right out of that situation. Keep them as far apart as possible, and negotiate the resolution through legal counsels, which is easier on everyone. This is literally one of the reasons lawyers exist, to create space between people when it's sometimes needed.

• I can understand fans saying that this will start to drag down other members and whole group position

Also remember that when Cube founder and CEO was leaving in march 2020 he said that new guys didn't intend to co-operate with him and they were like thugs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

... on this day, lawyer Choo Sae-Ah revealed "I wanted to hear the story from the company and confirm/check the facts." "The company also said that they were trying to overcome the situation, but we did not end up resolving misunderstandings nor did we receive an apology on that day (T/n: on the day they all met).”

I truly think it's a regular situation. Lawyers should know absolutely everything about their clients, if only they want to achieve the goal, which is a win in the lawsuit. Law firms like this one ( link: https://federal-lawyer.com/cal…/anaheim-federal-defense/ ), can always help their potential clients to understand what actions they should do during a lawsuit in the court.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!