Im really scared for weeekly

• I have been getting into them after the release of afterschool and they are probably my favourite gg right now and soeun is favourite member in the group. I enjoy watching their variety content a lot and they are fun group, the weeemergency series is quite fun if you guys wanna check their variety content.

They were the rookie of year of 2020 and had a viral hit after-school in early 2021 but after all that they still don't have a strong fanbase, they only have less than 300k subscribers on youtube which is surprisingly low. After holiday party failed to replicate after school's success they switched the concept but it also failed to be successful.

Im very scared that playM/1ST (or whatever the new name of their company is) will give up on them, the promotional activities they for venpara was seriously low, they don't even get sent to attend popular variety shows like weekly idol which even less popular group than weeekly have been to, the amount of effort their company put to promote them was way too low. The contents they have released in this comeback have also been significantly low and this past one month & half has been completely dry tbh.

Now it feels their company is just trying to milk as much out of weeekly as they can with fanmeets and small scale concert/radio show attendence.

Their company can't even provide quick english subtitles when posting content on weeekly's youtube channel and it takes them a week or even more to do that which turn's off so many international fans. And there's no sub for vlives at all. Eng subbing is such a basic and important thing which that their company doesn't even provide. Weeekly could have been built a strong international fanbase if their company was competent enough to properly utilise the after school's viral success.

Stanning nugu groups is so hard

• It's really sad and they deserve better, but I thought their sales improved with their latest cb?

If i remember correctly they sold 60k ( edit: 80k )this comeback but it ain't much since they don't have anything else at all no good charting or views/streams (excluding after school)

Edited 2 times, last by thebadguy ().

• They sold 83,189 based by wikipedia

Yeah they sold more than 80k in first week, and those were just numbers from Hanteo affiliated shops.

I do agree that in terms of music they've lost 'charm'.

But I believe that they can bounce back. Company won't give up on them for sure, just look how long they were takin care of Apink even tho Apink never had good sales.

The next comeback will be a key. If they will keep that sales level and bring better music then it's all good, but if they will see a decline in sales then we can have another Weki Meki situation.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Weren't apink sales quite decent for a non big3 gg in 2nd gen? Highest is at 90k iirc

Yea but the main difference between apink and weeekly is that while apink didn't had very huge sales but they were quite successful in charts and had multiple popular songs in korea which weeekly lacks. The situation of weeekly and apink is significantly different and not comparable.

• Weren't apink sales quite decent for a non big3 gg in 2nd gen? Highest is at 90k iirc

they had highest 1st week sales this year with Horn comeback - 53k

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• they had highest 1st week sales this year with Horn comeback - 53k

Yeah.... But that's still not the best selling album.

Yea but the main difference between apink and weeekly is that while apink didn't had very huge sales but they were quite successful in charts and had multiple popular songs in korea which weeekly lacks. The situation of weeekly and apink is significantly different and not comparable.

Also apink had popular members like naeun and eunji.

The concept change was random. I wonder how it'll turn out eventually.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• they had highest 1st week sales this year with Horn comeback - 53k

they sold more than 90k for the pink revolution album back in 2015, which in the midst of 2nd gen ggs like sistar or secret or even 4minute selling only like 20-30k tops was a huge deal. At the time apink were only behind big 3 ggs in terms of sales. That’s a huge achievement since plan a was a new company

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• 80k sales isn't so bad. Especially for a not so well known girlgroup. Others groups have survived on much much less for years.

It shows they have some kind of fandom that they can depend on even if it's small.

• That's a pity. Don't they have an IU card from the time they were Fave girls?

a lot of their more than 2 years of pre debut fave girls era content is gone, made private by the company because a lot of fave girls trainees didn't made it to final group. I tried looking for their fave girl era contents but found very less. The interaction between them and iu i could find was basically just few minutes of them saying hi hello to each other in a music show behind . The company doesn't even sends them to the variety of iu (iu pallete or something) to promote their songs.

• Yeah.... But that's still not the best selling album.

they sold more than 90k for the remember mini back in 2015, which in the midst of 2nd gen ggs like sistar or secret or even 4minute selling only like 20-30k tops was a huge deal. At the time apink were only behind big 3 ggs in terms of sales. That’s a huge achievement since plan a was a new company

yeah I get it you both talk about total sales :)

btw. it's good to watch this one then

• Yeah.... But that's still not the best selling album.

Also apink had popular members like naeun and eunji.

The concept change was random. I wonder how it'll turn out eventually.

This sudden girl crush concept change wasn't that bad but it seems most people didn't liked the change including fans. Personally i felt some members did do well in this concept like soeun, monday and soojin, zoa did ok but it didn't suit jaehee, jihan at all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!