Netizens bewildered over South Korea ranking #1 in best country for a child to be born in 2020

• Netizens bewildered over South Korea ranking #1 in best country for a child to be born in 2020

img_20220615103250_5qf051qk.jpg

Article: South Korea ranks #1 in best country to raise a baby in

Source: Insight via Instagram [original survey source here]

1. [+795] Is today April Fool's Day????

2. [+398] And what load of bull is this..

3. [+266] This isn't even worth listening to because it's such bullsh*t

4. [+182] Sure.. it's a great country to live in if you're rich 😍 😂

5. [+142] Everyone's calling this bullsh*t but they're whining without even realizing just how privileged they are compared to other countries in the world...

6. [+90] You all should go visit some other countries so you can realize just how better off you are in our country

7. [+20] Seems like the people commenting here have never once lived a day overseas ㅋㅋ It's true that South Korea is a great country to both have kids and raise them in

8. [+25] This has to be a joke

9. [+20] Where'd you get all these lies from 😡🤬

10. [+17] Huh??????? Now that I'm a mother myself, this news actually pisses me off

11. [+15] I agree that our country is relatively safe but to raise children in? Hmm.. I don't know about that one.

12. [+14] ?????????????????????????????

13. [+23] Such a load of bull

14. [+12] I'm just grateful to be living in a country with decent security

15. [+5] So what if this is what the survey says? Women are still facing issues like having to give up careers and promotions for getting pregnant, bearing all of the responsibilities of child-rearing, and the increasing cost of education.. It's just hell.

16. [+5] It's always easier having kids than raising them, sigh

17. [+3] If you make a lot of money in this country, it all goes into paying back your apartment mortgage ㅋㅋ nothing left for child raising

18. [+4] April fool's, right?

Capture.JPG

• I guess person who made that list prefers to live in cold or easily flooded places?

As European I would ask where for example is Portugal lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly Korea ranking high isn't surprising. Especially as the survey seem to have focused on health and education.

10. [+17] Huh??????? Now that I'm a mother myself, this news actually pisses me off

15. [+5] So what if this is what the survey says? Women are still facing issues like having to give up careers and promotions for getting pregnant, bearing all of the responsibilities of child-rearing, and the increasing cost of education.. It's just hell.

There's also a difference between a good/secure country for a child to grow up in and a good country to raise a child in (child vs parent's perspective). I suspect if this was a ranking over what countries were good to raise a kid in South Korea would rank lower since their lacking parental leave, long work hours, expensive daycare options etc. more or less force women to become stay at home moms and the family have to make due on one income.

• South Korea is considered to be a typically safe place to live. Like, Seoul is a thousand times safer than your average American metropolitan.

But, Korea also has very extreme bullying and societal pressures, which is probably why people say the country is no good for raising kids.

Then again, these are things you will also find in any other country. All of it is bad man. You just have to choose the best of the worst.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• At first thought that kpop fans voted for it lol I wonder what education do they consider? Universities? Or schools? If schools then what about school violence/bulling there? Shouldn't it affect the ranking of education? Or is it about kindergartens?

• Seeing people whining about being born in Korea while i'm Syrian is weird

Even if they wanted to leave, their passport can let them enter many countries without a Visa

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!