Why had idle not blown up as much in SK even with a national hit?

• For example both aespa and idle got big breakout hits 2021 and 2022 but next level helped aespa popularity more

Even ive is more popular than idle but they have no national hit

Approved the thread.
  • Tomboy is #1 on Melon and Genie daily charts three months after release. They were highly requested at university festivals and commanded top money. Does that not make them popular?

• I suppose some individual members of IVE are more popular than their IDLE counterparts, but as a group? I'm not sure about that.

Why do you think IDLE didn't blow up? What do they need to achieve for you to consider they blew up? They're like the #1 group rn, so I wonder why it's not good enough for you.

• For example both aespa and idle got big breakout hits 2021 and 2022 but next level helped aespa popularity more

Get outa that cocoon, my friend. Be that butterfly you can be.

• Haven't they? AKP doesn't represent Korea

• not mys making this narrative again

lol

• I will be as honest as I can, and give my two cents, I apologise first if this offends any of their fans. But imo it's because their most famous member is not a visual and as a whole, they don't have much star qualities.

People love to give praise to Soyeon for her rapping and producing talents, but compared to IVE, LSRF or AESPA, whose most famouse and popular members like Wonyoung, Yujin, Chaewon, Sakura, Kazuha, Karina or Winter. All of them are visuals and have legit star qualities.

You look at all idol groups, male or female, and all their whole image lies with their face of the group and their most popular members. Yoona, Suzy, Cha Eunwoo, Nayeon/Sana, Irene, Seolhyun, Naeun, Jeon Somi, Kang Daniel, Jang Wonyoung, etc.

When you see IDLE, you think of Jeon Soyeon and you think it's a talented group, but that's not what people look for in a top girl group. People see Aespa and they think Karina and Winter, that's what people look for in idols. It maybe shallow but people go for visuals. IDLE has visuals like Miyeon but the face of the group still represents what they are and that's Jeon Soyeon.

• They have MORE international members? Plus Korean quite anti @ most of Chinese idols and Minnie i believe, korean kinda doesn’t like her for having anti democracy fams(sorry if im wrong about this)

• We can only judge this when they make a cb

• Smth it's just about the song, not the group

There are multiple examples of that: Rollin last year, momoland, iKon etc etc

Too soon to say ive is more popular than gidle.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!