Kpop fans should stop downplaying western kpop idol debuts and promotions because all the acts that go there and are promoted well get to grow!!!

• So, do you think that their coachella performance got many potential fans checking Aespa out? I mean, they are the next million seller :pepe-wink:

I think it did! :pepe-shades:

It's not the only thing that has got them so much love, their discography, talent and beauty come first but other things like coachella play a good role too imo.

I am so happy for my girls.

I an so glad that Aespa don't have to prove anything to haters anymore. :pepe-toast:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That has little to do with sells

I've us selling 650k with non if that

I agree because their fandom was already big but my point is, it did expose them more, I mean not just the performance but they made a lot of noise, they were the most mentioned too. i think that's very important. i don't think it was useless.

And Forbes definitely knew that this would happen. 8o

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But wait...wouldn't that only be true if Aespa made up the difference in Savage and girls with primarily US sales?

You should wait to see.

that's if coachella is only watched by people in the US, I am not in the US but I know about coachella and I check out everything I fing interesting about coachella.

• I agree because their fandom was already big but my point is, it did expose them more, I mean not just the performance but they made a lot of noise, they were the most mentioned too. i think that's very important. i don't think it was useless.

And Forbes definitely knew that this would happen. 8o

U said it, the fandom was already big

They sold 600k before that

Ch exposure isn't really that big of a deal bc other kpop acts been there and on it own it doesn't do much, heck NCT had hella exposure but never really grow anywhere streaming/digital wise internationally

• That has little to do with sells

I've is selling 650k with non of that

Also dream and seventeen don't fall into this category, it's more linked to having a strong Chinese fandom bc many groups get their sales from there

Seventeen did American promos quite extensively last spring tho - they were on the Ellen Show, Kelly clarkson, Jimmy Kimmel and James Cordon.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• they didn't have to prove anything to haters before either

haters are gonna hate regardless so might as well ignore them and focus on the positivity

true, and, more success sets them apart and drives haters crazy which is fun to watch.

• Is their any viewing figures out for it? Or SNS scores or something to get a rough idea?

Which countries does it broadcast in?

Most noise is made on Twitter and performances are live streamed on YouTube. At least that's how I find out things and watch performances about coachella.

• true, and, more success sets them apart and drives haters crazy which is fun to watch.

what I find interesting is I barely have enough time to focus on my own favs let alone have the time or effort to hate on another group lol

some of the haters know more about their "hated " group than I do about my favs lol

• what I find interesting is I barely have enough time to focus on my own favs let alone have the time or effort to hate on another group lol

some of the haters know more about their "hated " group than I do about my favs lol

same here, there are many times when i get updates about my favs from haters. for example this aespa 1 million thing.

• ah yes the knowledgable hater - who's seen every MV and knows every stat of the group they claim to hate...

Ikr! :pepe-hehe:

• U said it, the fandom was already big

They sold 600k before that

Ch exposure isn't really that big of a deal bc other kpop acts been there and on it own it doesn't do much, heck NCT had hella exposure but never really grow anywhere streaming/digital wise internationally

Nct have the most experimental music ever, and it gets more experimental with every comeback. That's not easy to love for people who know nothing about it. And, they aren't promoted normally like other boy groups, Nct is meant to promote the members of different units and it's serving it's purpose so well.

• Nothing wrong with promoting in the west but Coachella ≠ million seller. They would have sold a million either way lol.

Do you think Coachella is useless?

• it's more linked to having a strong Chinese fandom bc many groups get their sales from there

a Chinese fandom helps but I don't think most sales are from China. I think, the Korean, SEA and western sales combined are more than the Chinese sales which could be about 20%-30% of total sales.

• I wouldn’t say it’s useless, it’s giving exposure but you will not suddenly sell a million and top the charts thanks to Coachella. The goal was to create buzz.

Also plenty of indies or not so mainstream artists go but they’re still unknown.

I think I made that clear in the OP.

And I think there was good buzz for Aespa.

With their upcoming western promotions, they'll be interviewed about their Coachella performance so they'll have something else to talk about which is a good thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!