Aren't you guys sick of this cancel culture?

• Real talk but why TF do kpop fans jump on idols for every little stupid thing? Oh no......they only did a half-bow? CANCEL! Oh no....they're singing slightly off tune? CANCEL! Oh no.....they're sitting there looking a little bored with an RBF while my favs are performing? CANCEL! Etc. Etc Etc

Knetz and Inetz expect kpop idols to be perfect all the time even when 90% of kpop fans are messy AF and would be cancelled themselves if they were ever idols. Am I the only one who sees how stupid this is? And is it REALLY that hard for kpop fans to just focus on their favs instead of attacking others out of stupid kpop politics and competition?

Just because many accept this as a Fact-of-Life of kpop doesn't mean that it's not an issue that needs to be addressed

:sweatr:

• lol Spoken like someone who never had to work for a living or who isn't living paycheck by paycheck or who doesn't have to financially support another person other than themselves. What if a vindictive person from your mother's past wanted your mom to get fired from a job for something that your mother may or may not have done, consciously or unconsciously, to this person-- whose purse would you rummage through to get the money to buy that 50-dollar BTS album?

or spoken like someone who knows that in the real world that if you are rich, connected and/or famous, cancel culture matters little.

You can beat your gf and still sell records.

You can still appear at nationally televised awards show if you used a racial slur.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I neither support nor condone cancel culture

it's simply a method of the masses to express themselves however they wish

if you want to cancel someone/anyone for whatever reason you have the right to do it - just as a person has the right to defend anyone as well

• lol, I know this took an unnaturally hostile turn, but I was thinking this yesterday when I was scrolling through Buzzfeed, and apparently we're all supposed to hate Neil Patrick Harris now.

I'm all for holding people accountable *in the moment* for the stupid things they say or do, or even for relatively recent past mistakes that are indicative of long-held, deeply hateful beliefs.

I'm completely over the digging up something from a decade or more ago, and then using that as a catalyst to troll through something anyone has ever done, remove all context from it (because it was a DECADE AGO and you lost that context), and make them out to be the spawn of satan.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• lol, I know this took an unnaturally hostile turn, but I was thinking this yesterday when I was scrolling through Buzzfeed, and apparently we're all supposed to hate Neil Patrick Harris now.

I'm all for holding people accountable *in the moment* for the stupid things they say or do, or even for relatively recent past mistakes that are indicative of long-held, deeply hateful beliefs.

I'm completely over the digging up something from a decade or more ago, and then using that as a catalyst to troll through something anyone has ever done, remove all context from it (because it was a DECADE AGO and you lost that context), and make them out to be the spawn of satan.

Is that about that absolutely distasteful Amywine house cake?

• Is that about that absolutely distasteful Amywine house cake?

From 11 years ago, yes. It started with that, and then Buzzfeed posted a "let's look at everything NPH has done or said in his 30-year+ long career that we can call him a trash person over" thing yesterday.

And, like, you follow anyone around for 30+ years, you're bound to find some "wtf were you thinking" shit.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!