Posts by bzzz

How is that going to matter when the whole group won't be able to promote in China anyway?

wasn't it clear from the start how the group would be mostly foreigners?

Nope. It is the opposite. Mnet officially addressed it would be no nationality quota for the debut group. So, actually, it was unclear from the start.

I really don't get this comment. It just doesn't make sense to me. How are people forced to pick xiaoting lmao they have to pick a c contestant yes but she's not the only one there.

The vote just showed most voters liked Xiaoting out of C trainees, nothing more or less. Xiaoting and Yurina will lead the pack with even greater gap in the following round but, that does not mean K voters prefer Xiaoting and Yurina over Chaehyun.

Due to the vote rule, so many K voters have been trying to make C and J groups very top heavy so more K trainees will survive.

In next round, 18 trainees regardless of nationality will survive. If they are 100 voters and they vote like this

J1 30

J2 25

J3 20

J4 10

J5 5

J6 5

J7 5

J8 5

J9 5

C1 25

C2 20

C3 15

C4 10

C5 10

C6 5

C7 5

C8 5

C9 5

K1 15

K2 15

K3 10

K4 10

K5 10

K6 10

K7 10

K8 10

K9 10

They will be no K trainee in top 5 but all K trainees will survive.

People like this are beyond stupid.

Peoples making a thread like this are beyong stupid.

It looks like they can't accept that the foreign trainees are just better than K-trainees. :eyes:

Not like they should accept incorrectness anyway.

haha they are so stupid with those comments...

Haha. You are so stupid with this comment.

lower possibility of making money in China now that the reform is getting stricter. They’re better off focusing on Japan and Korea

Is it? Some Chinese believe this is an even better opportunity. The Chinese cannot make a popular idol group without survival show and, that kind of show has been prohibited by the cultural reform. And, the contract of The9 is expiring.

What the shit? Some of the best known and most successful songwriters and producers are of all time are women.

And, you can always make a longer list of male " best known and most successful producers". (I already mention about women tended to be more proficient in language thus, I was clueless why you brought up about songwriter.)

At least, in my country, every dance classes have more female students and every music clubs (but those of boys' or girls' schools) have more male members.

Various studies show men and women have different psychological tendencies resulting different interests.

My impression is women in general inclines to be less interested in music composition.

This has psychological support. Psychological/psychiatric studies suggests that women incline to be more interested in interpersonal job. Music composition job is mostly about of spending time with yourself and the computer machine/music instrument.

On the other hand, I find women more likely to be interested in choreography and companions are needed to design the dance formation.

Lyric writing is another creative job women prefer. Language itself is interpersonal tool so, by average, women are more interested in language than men.

They are 30+ groups debuting yearly anyway. 3-4 more from survival shows won't make significant difference.

Rather than saturation, survival show can possibly screw the marketability of groups from medium to small companies.

I mean ... Since Produce 101 Japan season 1 there were 4 more shows and a second season of PDJ and there is also another one airing next month

Sorry. As far I know, they will be 2 girl group survival shows to premiere in Japan in October.

Ra-nat (wooden xylophone)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kaen (a pipe instrument) and Pin (a string instrument)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Khim (dulcimer/yangqin)

This instrument was applied from Chinese yangqin which was modified from Persian dulcimer.

which still begs the question what is a decent release - is that not a subjective judgement? obviously we're not looking at the expenses of top idol groups...or their costs...all that is subjective no? and to my knowledge this would be a concept so novel that no country in the world has implemented before correct?

true I don't disagree with you...

My standard is the mv and music looks/sounds like they are done by pro who makes effort with pro grade equipment. The costume looks like it is made from good material and perfectly fits the singer's body. Something like that. Let's agree that some releases of some groups do not tick all these boxes.

If we are to talk about Big 4 standard, I guess an mv from such company costs no less than 500m.

whilst everything you've written makes sense...the question becomes why that and those particular numbers? what are you basing it off?

the free market isn't fair and equitable...but free...nothing in capitalism is "far and equatable"

labor laws exist because of regulations and the law but are counter to lasseiz faire ism??? lol...whether I agree with that or not is moot since in most countries it's the law...

I assume a decent release for an idol group costs over 100m won and an idol group should make at least 2 releases a year. And, you must take pre-debut training, trainee/idol livelihood etc. into consideration. It can't be less than 300m to properly run an idol group for a year. The number is not final but a placeholder/example and may be much higher if calculated on more accurate info.

Labor law exists because laborers were exploited and abused without govt intervention.

I have a bone to pick with Thai fans. Why arent they supporting Natty? Lisa obviously gets the entire country's love, Bambam and Nickhun have their Thai Ahgases, but why in hell is Natty treated like a pariah? She deserves so much better.

You can't blame Thai K-pop fans. They are many understandable factors

- She does not belong to an established K-pop agency. CJ ENM is a big company but not big as K-pop agency. No Big 4 privilege for her.

- She got very limited media exposure due to her minute popularity in Korea. Her agency did not help her much in this regard (create various online contents with subtitle) too.

- It must have helped had she debuted in a good girl crush team. Thai K-pop fans love girl crush and love groups, not much soloist.

Yeah Thailand has alot of covid

But New Zealand is not doing any better tho

I guessed that person meant to talk about politics but, I believe Thai political situation and Thai current prime minister are not as bad as many have tried to paint them as thus, I played dumb.

I have been thinking that it should be a regulation that an artist management company must have at very least 300m won of cash before debuting a girl/boy group. (The amount of money to be revised every 5 years.) At very least 70-80m is needed to create an in-despicable music video and 30-40m minimum will be needed for costume, makeup, choreographer, music producer, sound engineer, marketing etc. Some dozens millions will be needed for daily training, decent livelihood for trainees/idols and the wage of regular employees. A rookie idol group should release at very least 2 singles in a year. If someone can't even raise 300m, he/she can't decently run an idol group for a year.

Some concerns you mentioned, trainee debt and the duration of trainee contract, have had guideline set in place. I believe I've read a report that the company could not impose trainee debt if the trainee fulfill his/her part of the trainee contract and the duration of trainee contract could not be longer than 2 years.

Those about the livelihood of trainees is the subject of labor law.

I agree that any kid below 13 years of age (Korean age) belongs to family and school and not idol training.

lasseiz faire I always say...

let the market dictate how much should be invested and what age...not the government...

If the free market system really have that "invisible hand" to make the society fair and equal, labor law have not existed.

Interesting to see you posted something beside "Interesting".

External Content youtu.be

they already putting a lot of drama

Uh. Parents of that LA girl were not realistic. Sorry but they should talk to cosmetic surgeon first if their daughter should pursue her K-pop dream.

3-4 girls looked kinda pretty.

The host looked kinda annoying.

Fist year students (contestants aged 13-14 y/o)

Second year students (contestants aged 15-16 y/o)

Third year students (contestant aged 17-18 y/o)

Forth year students (19+ contestants)

The official English title of the show is 'My Teenage Girl' and the literal English title is 'After School Excitement'. It will be aired on MBC in November after Wild Idol ends. You may watch the prequel show 'Before School Hesitation' (literal title) without subtitle on Naver NOW.

I don't know how many contestants they are in total and how many contestants will be picked to debut. The management label of the debut group will be PocketDol, i.e. MBK by Kim Kwangsoo.

As a Thai living in Thailand. This is my opinion

1. Lisa - top of top tier, S list. Even a kid in a remote village knows her. Just few days ago, the prime minister praised her, saying she was an inspiring icon for Thai youth and Thailand's soft power promotion project. https://www.sanook.com/news/8442318/

2. Nichkhun - top mid tier, B list. Many drama/film producers gave him love calls.

3. Bambam - top mid tier, B list. His solo song easily topped local charts. But, he is yet a household name like Lisa. He is very well known within local showbiz circle and urban/suburban youth.

4. Minnie - mid mid tier, C list. She has been more known in the country as she had had considerable media exposure in Thailand. She likely is as popular/famous as a more popular boys' love/teen drama actor, has considerable recognition and sizable fanbase.

5. Sorn - low mid tier, C list. It helps that she is a daughter of a famous politician, a sister of a famous actor and a close friend of Lisa and Bambam. Perhaps, she is as popular as a more popular youtuber.

6. Ten - low mid tier, C list. The Thai is a sucker of S.M's idols but, he is more active in China not Korea. No one outside of K-pop circle knows him.

7. Natty - low tier, D list. Almost all K-pop fans in Thailand knows her and that's it.

Others - obscure. Most K-pop fans in Thailand don't know them.

quiz for u. .tam som or tam maak hoong? :-)

Correctly, it's 'tam-bak-hoong' and tambakhoong is a subset of tam-som.

good thing you doesn't live in Thailand right now ... :pepe-toast:

The COVID management can be much better but, it is not that terrible for now.

Also the Cai Bing edit has some korean viewers furious, and cnets already disliked her from the start and I'm unsure why. In terms of C popularity it is Ruiqi/Xiaoting> Lord Fuya> very dedicated Ziyin fans so Ziyin's overall fanbase is much larger but less casual viewers because of her freaking screentime.

For some reason there's a lot of shipping?

Also whats up with all the Japanese hate towards Hikaru and now Yurina? Because they're too Japanese or something?

Did Cai Bing's unpopulaity have anything to do with the scam scandal? She was rumored selling knock-off product saying it was authentic.

I believe Ruiqi had bigger dedicating fanbase in China than Ziyin.

Idol-relating or not, the Chinese loves same sex shipping. It is just for fun/laugh most of the time.

I don't think the Japanese hates Hikaru. I saw a Japanese poll where Hikaru ranked 3rd among J group closely behind Manami.

lol I laughed so hard after reading 'Lord Fuya' :D

It was explained that it started from machine error. Fu Yaning was written as 푸야닝 (puyaning) in Korean and look much alike 푸야님 (puyanim). Translator app read puyaning as puyanim and translated it as Lord Puya.

As for Hikaru, it's complicated - antis shit on her for everything: from poor Korean to her height, body proportions, and skills.

What is the difference between Hikaru and Mashiro they loved in term of height and body proportion?

NiziU have the stream and the downloads, but Nogizaka have the physical sales and public recognition, the members of Nogizaka are much more important than those of NiziU.

Someone already proved that NiziU got more public interest these days. And, if you're to talk about physical sale, AKB is ahead of Nogi and Nogi is ahead of Perfume. You won't say that AKB is more famous than Nogi nor Nogi is more famous than Perfume, right?