Posts by Bananapple

I think we should wait for this. SM is always leading the new gen at the beginning and it is not something new. And we already see how the power shift to one and another as well as how the table turn. Tvxq, Suju to BigBang and Exo to Bts (They're all good and I'm not trying to downgrading anyone). But Snsd did able to hold their power as the leading act for gg in second gen so it might be possible for Aespa to do so too. However, with how popular kpop now, the competition is harder than before.

If older acts and female acts give an advantage then why did you leave Nu'est and fromis_9 out? They're both active groups. :pepe-toilet:

Big hit literally have only 1 female acts, 1 soloist and Nuest is not really active that much even they have released an album too last year. If hybe have 36 acts, they will sure will sale more than sm easily probably double the number, right? Compare to sm with 36 acts now, they have more of them that should help more with sales but hybe still sold more. It is about number here.

when the other companies have as many female acts and 1st/2nd gen acts being part of their line-up then maybe we can compare, it isn't fair to point out they have over 30? active acts when half of them don't even promote on music shows and debuted in the 2000s, compared to the 2nd performing company, full of active boygroups

and I thought this wasn't about leading companies argument, I don't know much about that.

my point was that their physical sales are impressive enough, without need of comparisons. if no other company could reach such numbers before, even with the "leading" acts in kpop, then yeah i'm impressed.

Do you forget that Nct sub unit probably almost as much as all hybe artist combine, which make them just equal. Having many older acts and female acts should giving them advantage to their sales. Even Exo the one you said not get promoted sold more than million albums. With this in mind, their sales is okay but never impressive especially if you compare to hybe. Even in hybe, there are only 4 acts that really active which is bts, svt, txt and enhypen. So, the second company is really impressive especially from business perspective.

guys get cancelled for saying thot nowaday? I thought it was normal for guys to use the word thot :clown: I hang out with guys too much :facepalm:

edit: okay seems the word thot is more serious than i thought

If you're not coming from an English speaker country, try this. Translate the words of th*t or h*e in your language and ask yourself, do you feel comfortable if your friends specifically in this issues, a male friends call you by that name? Some only realize how bad it is if they heard that words in their own mother tounge.

And I think you should know this, never ever normalize a bad thing like this. Are this thing is okay if many man normalize it and use it frequently? You never let man speak and do whatever they want towards woman and think it is okay. Many man normalizing a misogynistic behavior, is it still okay to you just because it is normal among them.

Hiatus was during Zombie promotions Sungjin and Jae had mental anxiety issues so the entire group decided not to do promotions

Sub unit Even Of Day was for Young K + Dowoon + Wonpil because Sungjin and Jae were still resting. Jae and Sungjin was excluded because that subunit that was setup consist of only 3 of them since Sungjin and Jae were still resting.

Also, non fans who dont know what happen shouldnt comment on it or spread misinformation just saying

I think you're a fans of Day6 and I even seeing you defending Jae before this saying people misunderstood his words. So, if you're okay with this, I just want to know your opinion related to what happen to Jae and Jamie recently as I don't remember seeing you saying anything about that and before this you always be among the first one to comment something related to Jae's controversy.

i don't care about twitter drama

pretty much everything there is fake

how much of this is what jae said vs. others misinterpreting what he actually said

IMG_20220109_150151.jpg

Jamie is being hurt by what he said. You guys, as his fans literally the one who make him feel he can be as offended as hell to everyone cuz you always counter it with people the one who misunderstanding his words when it is crystal clear he is mocking a lot of people even before this accident happen. And now, here the sheep fans again using the same argument that his words is twisted or people didn't understand him, lol. He's 30 years old man not a child to not know what he said is offensive. His own friend, showing she is offended by what he say and you respond is this? For sure you guys will just brush it off if Jamie didn't brave enough to speak up and take this disrespectful behavior as joke again as usual.

He reminds me of those kids in the school who thought it is okay to make fun of others because it is just a joke for them. He make a lot of weird and problematic comments before but many of his fans said that he just joking and what he said is funny. The amount of time he disrespect his own groups and kpop as the whole when he by his own go to Korea for that. But again, many fans said he just a guy with a good humor and people that pressed by that are the one who couldn't understand whatever he is trying to say.

And just today he calling his own friend with an appropriate name yet fans thoughts it's okay because they're friend. If only Jamie didn't voicing out her feeling, many will just let him pass with this behavior. Many will think this is okay, he is just a funny guy. And think again, are Day6 is really fine with what he is saying all this time?

IMG_20220109_150151.jpg

Many fans probably didn't agree with this but Fromis_9 being transferred to hybe is giving them a lot of advantages. More cb, better promotion, good budget, their songs is still good and they're starting look like a real idol than whatever OTR did to them, and leave them in the basement. Their mv posted in hybe's channel and give them good exposure as I remember how Talk & Talk reached more than 5 million views in a day. They finally have their own logo and maybe light stick in near future. Other that that, their personality help to make people stay and like them.

This is my unpopular opinions, which I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Girl groups overpowering the 4th generation. They start to sell well and still charting well. They are becoming the representative of Kpop for this gen which I still not see any bg able to do that. We have Big bang/Suju and Snsd/2ne1 in second gen, Bts/Exo and Bp/Twice in third where mostly even the non kpop fans will know them. Now, all my non kpop friends only know about Aespa, Izone, Itzy and recently I've. This is just from my pov, probably just from where I come from and thing might happen differently in different places.

As I said, they're not comparable. Other girl groups have good digitals AND physicals (aespa and ITZY) while no boy groups chart well. Kep1er's sales are not as good as Enha's debut album sales and they sure as hell won't have music as good as them, so their sales won't grow as much. If they start selling like Enhypen, I'll take my words back.

Let's just compare from the mnet show. Kep1er selling better than Izone on their debut era but didn't chart well which didn't actually bad. They're on par in different field. As for Enhypen and X1, well you know better. Are they a failure before as they didn't beat x1 in anything at their debut era?

Enhypen sold about 230,000 in their debut at the first day and Kepler about 150,000 which not really a big gap there considering they're gg. And not to mention how many hype Enhypen get from the company stans and those big act that coming to their shows. Kep1er doing really well. They didn't need to sales as much as Enhypen as this kpop world still dominating with fan girls but what are they doing now on par with Enhypen on their debut day. And they're breaking another records with the album sales. U didn't need to take back ur words but Enhypen fans are the last person should talk about flopping on the k-chart and debut, as if it didn't happen to you guys before.

It's a wrong comparison because Enhypen is not a girl group and they chart like other 4th gen boy groups. Digitals are girl groups' strong point but Kep1er fails in that department. Their physical sales aren't as good as Enha's to make up for it.

They both come after produce scandal which make them on the same par. Knetz are done with mnet shit and do you think they will support them especially with everything happen during the show? On top of that, both are more popular internationally then in Korea. Kepler literally hold the biggest first day sales debut for gg in Hanteo.

Or should I compare Enhypen debut with X1 then? They have everything from good sales, good chart, good mv views which why people treat Enhypen as a failure before and look at them now. Again, as the fans of Enhypen you guys should know about this better as you experience this a lot before.

They're still light years away from IZ*ONE and those boy groups so I wouldn't call them successful.

And didn't it too early to called them flop too, lol. They're just like enhypen which people called a failure during their debut day just because they're not doing well in k-chart and their shows didn't make any noise in Korea but turn out both of these groups sales really well thanks to their international fanbase they get from their show. Which will just keep getting bigger.

And if you think it is still early to say they're successful, didn't Enhypen just one years old too, are they a failure too as they're not chart better in k-chart? As a fans of Enhypen, I think you should know this better.

I wonder if I spend too little time in media social or what but it still make me weird that I didn't heard anything about Jyp new boy group, Xdinary Heroes. I do wish they have better name cuz they sounds like a mobile game 🥲.

Anywhere, I'm questioning how actually Jyp promoting them as they're from the big 3 company, which the media coverage should be better than whatever they have done now. Although I'm not a fans of their debut song, I like and dislike some part of it but I really like their concept which for me really interesting.