Posts by bbgc

I feel like Lilac, Palette and Hype Girls wouldn't receive hate for their names, maybe Navillera wouldn't either, I'm 50:50, but if there was a group named Hype Boy or Spring day... that's too specific and fans would be angry

True that.

While intended as a compliment, but ARMY or BLINKs, like the Hulk " are always angry" and looking for reasons to be angry.

I guess not then.. Maybe only use 1st gen or 2nd gen song titles then.

T-ara song titles would work "Lovey Dovey" "Roly Poly" "Bo Peep"

I kind of agree with the OP, that It-ness has a turnover rate of about 3 years.

Or rather, even if a person remains extremely popular, trending etc., The tenure for It-ness is 3 years.

Because at that point, trendy popularity is something familiar and taken for granted from them.

Whereas IT-ness has something of newness associated with it.

Anyway, it-ness has no specific definition, it is like power "a shadow cast on the wall", if enough people think so it is.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the Eastern cultures, pushing oneself or one's work, particularly in direct way, is considered uncultured.

The work is supposed to speak for itself.

So they will say "Show us a lot of love" "Give your blessings" etc. Indirect ways.

Of course that doesn't work in globalised world, where the Western ethic of cut-, throat competition prevails.

Non-Western people kind of have to walk a fine line. Sometimes they step too far and get a backlash.

On that subject, the Capo of tutti Kpop has some advice.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Yet another infactual claim, with respect to Melon

Many chart on Melon and if you want true digital walls whose whole album occupy the top 10, 20, 30 places.

BP is not one of them.

MC the Mong, IU, Big Bang, EXO, Epik High are such walls..IU the most frequent.

You better qualify the title as GG, even then BP isn't the only one. Twice, OMG have charted their B-sides in past

So you have to narrow it down to "currently"

Then NJ, GIDLE, IVE's B sides are also charting.

BP does well with B-sides, hence their high digital points with far less songs,

but ONLY is an empty boast.

songs even though they were often unpalatable for them.

Well who made you the spokesperson and arbitrator of the tastes of international fans with a nonsensical theory that people listen to "unpalatable" music, because their "favourite" music is not available to them..

Music may be the food of love, but love can survive long without it, unlike the body, which will compromise on indulgence for nutrition.

If X is unavailable and Y is unpalatable, people should rather listen to X's old music than force themselves to like Y's.

IU's success is her own, nobody's presence or absence is relevant. That is true for other artists too.

Literally only 29 songs. They have 2 other songs where they were featured guests for Dua Lipa and Lady Gaga. Plus 5 solo songs. But when it comes to actual BP songs, they only have 29.

They'll probably do about 20 group song setlist, plus a solo song for each member, and a couple encores. Which means they will probably leave out a lot of older stuff or maybe unpopular B sides.

So vastly different from IU's case,

Yup, I was. Eunhyuk was hated by so many men. It was epic.

Just because Jieun couldn't figure out how to send a dm.

The legendary "Slyfox" era.

I am 51% on the side of the argument that it was no accident and she(& he) set it up for her breakout of the "Little Sister singing cute songs" image and he to drum up some noise, since SuJu was fading .. worked fantastically for her, not so much for him. Still it was a huge risk.

Accidental - 49% probability.

Part 2... History of IU

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

WhyKnock when you write the history of IU, make it a musical.. That would be fun..

This sort of "retiring" is possible only by acts, who have high degree of control over their work and also are the creative owners.

It is almost a personal decision, than a business decision.

So not many others can do so.

They should have plenty of hits, that they can afford to retire some.

40 secs is actually opera territory.. or musical theater.

Kpop songs with 10-15 seconds of high notes itself is rare and Kpop audiences who have an attention span of a jellyfish, can't even handle that long.. they will complain it is boring.

So unless someone does it as a special case, I don't see any regular release having such notes.

Like the Mayfly team with IU' Love Poem, check that..

By this definition (and is a good one) Twice and Red Velvet never had an IT girl.

Sana did go viral for her shy shy shy, but not for clothing and hair style.

Irene and Joy have gone viral for visuals, but is not like the general public copy everything they do (as far as I can tell)

No it is not, "GP will copy/trend their hairstyles and clothing" makes IT girls relevant only to teenage/early twenty women. That is hardly the case.

Women would seek to be them and men would be attracted to the them - with some overtones of sexualization. That is why it is not a good idea to call minors as "IT girls".

And that is also why a popular Soju/Alcohol CF is a good criteria, because they can't do it until they are 21.

Impressive would be an understatement for both of them. In many ways, but most particularly in a field full of factory processed performance artists, they have made significant impact in creating music- composing/songwriting.

And of course their impact extends far beyond music.

G-D with fashion and IU with acting.

Now that IU has retired Palette, maybe they will do another collab soon. More an duet, than a feature.. that would be cool.

But I will give IU a slight edge, she beat G-D in Infinite Challenge, that too in 2015, the glory year of Bigbang..