Posts by Yan20

Those so called "anti-asian hate" bills are just putting a band aid on the real problem, which is violent crime and those that perpetuate it. Is it any surprise that most of these crimes are occurring in Democrat controlled cities: New York, Chicago, Philly, Los Angeles. Yet you don't hear of an anti-Asian crime wave in Dallas or Houston, which are much less influenced by Democrat policies.

There's tons of people talking shit about Chinese. Online you can read people all over the world blame Chinese for covid. Police words people post online all you want. Yet they aren't going out of their way to attack Asians and put themselves in jail for it. It's those people who are already involved within criminal backgrounds that will go and attack old Asian people or women because there's nothing for them to lose or they are fine with meeting their friends in jail again.

I agree that this is a Band-Aid solution, I hear you completely, that isn't my point. But really, aside from that, there is not much the Government can do. These things are ALREADY illegal, but the people committing these offences have no regard for that. The next step (after making something a crime), is educating people, but again, the people committing these offences have no interested in being "re-educated" at their age, educating a population on awareness takes generations, even after the Civil Rights Movement, it took the next generation of better informed Americans to substantially reduce Anti-Black racism.

The fact that the cities are Democrat controlled, has no bearing. The real impact comes from the fact that the cities you picked, have considerably higher Asian American populations. Of course there will be "less" Anti-Asian hate in Dallas, Houston*, because only 50,000 Asians live there, compared to 1.2 million in New York, or 465,000 in Los Angeles. Also, hearing about it less, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Asians living in regions like Texas, are less likely to report offences committed against them, for fear of being ignored by the Police, according to the AAPI Covid-19 Project. This rate has surged since Ted Cruz publicly said that he would oppose any bill making racism against Asians illegal. Stop AAPI Hate reported that there were 103 Anti-Asian incidents in Texas in 2020. This is higher than in New York.

Overall, I find that the poll is just flawed. Aside from a small sample size, 3% either way in every option, could mean the title actually reads "37% Asians say blacks are responsible, and 40% for Democrats". That's how flawed this poll could be. And not giving any location, means they could be asking Asians that live in areas with high black populations, conveniently like the cities you mentioned, meaning that OF COURSE, they are more likely to encounter racism from black Americans, there is just a higher proportion of Black Americans living there. The fact that they even included a race as an option to "blame" for Anti-Asian hate, as opposed to an institution, says everything that needs to be said about the poll, though.

* I put less in quotations because proportionally, it isn't actually less, it just looks like less because of the smaller population.

Personally I feel that the Poll, its Respondents, and by extension, your post lack some nuance to the situation. It is very easy to come at this from a one sided POV.

Firstly, the poll seems to have a pretty terrible accuracy. Only 1,000 respondents, with no location given, and an error margin of +/- 3% is a pretty terrible poll.

Secondly, putting Democrats below Republicans, personally, makes sense. Yes the score against Democrats is low, but also, Republicans have been in control of the Senate since 2015. However, since COVID, Democrats have tried to pass 3 Anti Racism Acts, 2 in 2020 (which were rejected by the Republican majority), and 1 in 2021, which has just passed its first round of votes in the Senate. I notice that the score on "The Government" is quite high, which suggests that people are choosing not to individually blame Democrats as much, because they are actually attempting to address the issue, but blame the Democrats alongside blaming the Republicans.

These bills are the S. 4248, S.937, and the S.4533.

I am not going to comment on the race side of the poll, people will blame the people they see committing these crimes. Most likely it is the case that people who voted White Americans have experienced Anti-Asian racism from White Americans, the same for Black Americans, and other Asian Americans.

I do however, like how high the media is. Most Asian Americans have Chinese descent, and we live in a period where Chinese Asians are being vilified for Covid, the fact they come from China, and the fact they are a minority. All of this has been fuelled by the media.

CS:GO and Flappy Bird???
    Those are really popular!

That's amazing <3

I think its Counter Strike, not CS:GO. Counter Strike is like a Mod for Half Life, it was developed by a Half Canadian, Half Vietnamese guy, and Canadian Guy.

Then Valve bought the rights to the Mod after seeing its success, and moved its development to Valve HQ.

:nervousk:

Not only is golfing pretentious, golf courses are terrible for wildlife ecosystems, consumption of water, and also often lead to crazy jumps in prices of housing and goods in the area (because golfers are seen as wealthy) that can shut out regular/poor people.

So kpop was always going to go viral in the West? With or without it blowing up in Asia first?

Yeah, Taiwanese pop blew up in Asia, but never went too far into the West, meanwhile J-pop sort of refused to blow up in much of Asia, but was really "big" in the West. These things just seem to happen.

I also think K-pop was going to blow up (and partially did) in Asia, without Super Junior.

omg you’re a new moa! do u wanna join our txt guild :pepelove1:

What is a guild, sorry :whatb:

Its a TXT club?

Not really, I don't think. Even "self producing" groups usually just have 1 member who is really good at what they do, and so they do the work. And then of course, they still have quality control to make sure the music is still to a good standard.

If you want a serious answer, they will probably resort to methods like the Japanese Government, to try and alleviate the declining birth rate. Last year the Japanese Government announced measures to combat declining population;

• 12 Months Paid Parental Leave for Both Parents
    • Child Allowance Schemes for having more than one child
    • Free lower education
    • Free childcare