Posts by Yan20

My interest started with them because they were under HYBE, true. But, my interest in Treasure also came from the fact they were under YG. There's just something exciting about watching a debut from a big label. I stuck with TXT over Treasure because I preferred TXT's music, so I think if they had the same music but under YG, I would still follow them

It was their most popular song but it was never a viral hit, no where as big as SJ's biggest hits.

I really am not sure what metric you are using to compare these groups, so I will try my best to go through all the key ones, starting with, sales.

TVXQ has a total physical sale count of over 14,000,000. Super Junior has 4,529,395 (I can be more precise because album sales tracking has gotten much better). The vast majority of TVXQs sales, are from overseas, nearly 10,000,000 of them. TVXQ has sold more albums in Japan, than SJ has sold, period. Of these album sales, TVXQ has achieved 39 RIAJ Gold awards in Japan, and 16 RIAJ Platinum's, including two double plats, and one triple plat. Super Junior has 4 RIAJ Gold awards, with no platinum's. Both groups have 1 KMCA Platinum each.

Maybe we can move onto fanclub. TVXQ has a Guinness World Record for the Worlds largest music fanclub. They have more paying fanclub members (over 800,000), than Super Junior has sales on an album. Unfortunately SM has not revealed the amount of fanclub members SJ has, but the World Record has yet to be beaten. On Fancafe, TVXQ has 760,000 active members, SJ has 236,000.

Charting. TVXQ has the best charting of a none-Japanese group in Japan, period. It's not even close. So lets look at another country where they both experienced relative success. TVXQ were the first kpop act to top the TW chart. To date, both groups have two number 1 performers in TW, so, relative success there from both.

TVXQ literally set the standard for what K-pop was to become. The first group to surpass 100K sales on an album, taking the record to 800K (more than SJs best selling album), they are referred to as the Kings of Kpop, for a reason. They are also called Asia's Stars by experts, for their success in making Kpop go viral in Asia.

The only category I can think of where SJ might outshine TVXQ, is the *amount* of awards won. I say amount because, TVXQ has won awards in more countries than SJ, with most of SJs wins coming from Korea, whilst TVXQ has picked up lots of wins in Japan, and some in Thailand. But something to note about SJs wins (TVXQ has 83 credible wins, SJ has 187, a stunning amount), there were simply more award shows when SJ were active. The AAA's, 5 awards, didn't exist when TVXQ are active, Click Starwars Awards, 2 wins, didn't exist when TVXQ are active, Gaon Music Chart Awards, 7 wins, didn't exist until 2012, after a TVXQ split, and as the group moved to focusing moreso on Japan. Although they were still able to pick up 2. Gaon Weibo Chart Awards, 1 win, didn't exist when TVXQ are active. Hanteo Awards, 5 wins, didn't exist when TVXQ are active. Hong Kong Top Sales Music Award, didn't have a foreign artist category until 2011. I am sure I could continue, but I got bored.

No one denies the success of SJ, but industry experts agree, TVXQ is Asias Star for a reason.

idk if you're familiar with this user but he's a known troll who uses these kinds of issues to further his own narrative, which is usually pro-right wing politics. I'd stop trying to make him understand your point since it'll never happen. He's a clown who uses racial issues for clicks and hit threads

Don't waste your time discussing with him. It's worthless. <3

Alright, thanks guys! I didn't know :D

Always happy to try and educate some peoples ~

:iloveyoub:

Where are those statistics? We all know anti-Asian crimes increased dramatically overall but they exploded on liberal coastal cities. Also I don't mean to make this a competition, as the other person implied. But rather try to point out that Democrat policies that make it easier for criminals to return to the streets are a driver to the increased violent crime Asians are facing. And judging from the perpetrators of these anti-Asian crimes it more often involves ex-cons.

https://www.winknews.com/2021/…rts-in-some-major-cities/

Even the NYT article you shared, which of course, also notes underreported cases, has Dallas as the 6th highest city for Anti-Asian violence, despite having one of the smallest Asian American populations of American cities.