Posts by Yan20

I'm sorry but don't bring history into context here. Yes, historically the United States was very racist but U.S. has improved. Yes, there are still racist people in the United States here today but proportionally, I still believe Korea is more racist. The audacity to even say such profanity in the comment section is uncalled for and rarely witnessed in the U.S.

Heavily disagree. The US has just learnt to be smarter about when it uses such profanity. Doing it in closed Facebook groups, on 4chan, 8chan, LINE, Telegram etc.

Koreans don't give a shit and are just more open about the racism.

Yoona never talks about her mother, so I guess whilst she is not "open" about what happened, in a way she is open about her family issue, only ever thanking or talking about a father.

Hoya from INFINITE was kicked out of his home, which he has talked about.

And Wheein from MAMAMOO had some issues with her father, so much so she was forced to cut off contact with him as an adult (not too sure what happened)

The vaccine rollout in the EU was still pretty terrible, although it is true it had a major price advantage. Until the AstraZeneca fallout, European countries were able to vaccinate people both doses) for $1.50 per person, compared to the $14 per person other countries are paying for Moderna and $17 per person for Pfizer. Its expensive to vaccinate people.

Korea also didn't have existing deals for supplies. Other countries were able to take advantage of COVAX + China donations (China has donated 365m vaccines completely free of charge so far, but South Korea is not poor enough to benefit from this).

Israeli and Palestinian groups have agreed to a ceasefire ending the 11 day conflict, taking 232 lives in Palestine, and 12 in Israel.

Sources;

Key Points;

• The 11 Day Conflict was the most violent since 2014.
    • Of the (at least) 232 casualties in Palestine, 100 of them are women and children.
    • In Israel, 2 of the victims are women and children.
    • The ceasefire comes a day after Biden told Netanyahu the situation needed to be de-escalated, in his fourth phone call over the 11 days.
    • The UN estimates 91,000 Palestinians in total have been displaced.
    • The US at the UN voted against a motion that would have introduced a ceasefire two days ago.
    • Included amongst the damage, is the home of the Associated Press and Al Jazeera.

A mixed bag. He is rich, he got there by exploiting people and labour, so I am immediately judgemental of that. Similarly, a lot of the money he donates ends up in White Saviour Charities, which are equally harmful to the people he is trying to help.

On the flip side, the foundation he and his ex-wife established, have introduced ground breaking research, and funded more ground breaking research. The World has a great "debt" to them.

sheeeit and I thought they had precision strike missiles? That means that this is definitely deliberate.

Israel claimed that HAMAS had weaponry stored in the same building. Although US Secretary of State Blinken then said there was no evidence to suggest as such: https://www.forbes.com/sites/j…f-media-building-in-gaza/

So yeah, I would say intentional and Israel was hoping no-one questioned it.

The “proof” was basically the police department trying to cover their ass. Are we really believing cops now? The same people who shoot POC kids suddenly care about POC businesses getting shut down.

The fact is stores are closing across the city because of the rampage of thefts.

“Prop 47 doesn’t cover robberies, theft by the use of force or fear. It doesn’t cover burglaries,” Gascón said. “If you break into a structure with the intent to commit theft or another felony, that continues to be a felony. If someone breaks into your car to steal even a pack of cigarettes, that’s still a felony. Even the crimes that are covered by Prop 47, they were not decriminalized. We moved them from a felony to a misdemeanor. [Perpetrators] can still go to county jail” if they are convicted.

Your entire posts premise is just inherently flawed.

I have just learnt about quote splitting so bear with me! Lol

All in all what western democracy sells and is taken for granted is separation of powers and containment between branches, transparency level, again this I agree with bzzz , is lot higher than democracy in China/ NK /Russia.

China and NK both have a separation of powers, I am not too familiar with Russia, and I would not compare it with China or NK, but I would *assume* given its role in the UN, it does have to an extent some separation of powers. I would say that I have seen this in action too, as Putin attempted to make Russia a beacon of being "immigrant free", to have anti immigration measures shot down in the Russian courts.

Most World Governments have 3 branches of Government - Legislative, Executive, Judicial

China has 3 separate political houses, making it the most spread out nation currently alive in its legislative branch, the US has two, of course, as does the UK. Canada for awhile had 3, but this was abolished, South Africa also had a tricameral legislature for awhile, but again was abolished. In one of these houses, the CPC has 0 members, 0 influence. You cannot have party affiliations in this house. Seeing as laws are contested in ALL 3 houses, it means that the CPC has to win over unaffiliated votes to make any law come to fruition, or to avoid measures being contested. In two of the houses, the CPC has a healthy majority.

China has a separated Supreme Court, again, not affiliated with the CPC, that has the powers of Judicial Review. It can shoot down CPC laws. This is the judicial branch.

China, naturally, has an executive branch. That being Xi Jinping. The Executive Branch seldom has power, actually, US politicians tend not to refer to Xi as "President", because Xi technically has less power than Joe Biden does. There is no such thing as Executive Orders in China, for example.

The Chinese Government has 3 separated branches, like the US Government, and like most other Governments in the World, and the 3 branches are just as separate as they are in the US.

Onto transparency, I will have to look for the Twitter thread I saw recently, of a Chinese netizen detailing how they were able to sue the local Government from an app in their phone, and win without ever having to officially pay anything (free lawyer representation), and win of course, against the Government. I would consider this a pretty good measure in terms of transparency.

In the UK, I know they have the FOI, or the Freedom of Information Requests, where you can request information from the Government pertaining to a particular topic, and they will provide it. China also has this, usually done through the Chinese Statistics Bureau. This is the biggest measure, I would argue, in transparency. The fact you can request the Government for information, and they are legally mandated to provide it upon request.

If I am missing anything, please let me know.

never swapped in the form of " united front", CCP , WPK and Putin's party own absolutely overwhelming power than other parties in the countries

The opposition is never swapped because the CPC and the WPK win elections. If another party performed well enough to win the election, then the CPC or the WPK would become the opposition, and it would be up to the winning party to decide if they want to maintain the United Front.

In China, the CPC does not have "overwhelming power", in one of the houses they operate, they actually only *just* have a majority. The WPK, I would say, does have considerable more influence, and performs wayyyyy better than the CPC does, election wise. But I can understand this. The WPK has done a lot for Korean people, and they know it.

Can see traces from the fact that Xi extended his term to infinity, Putin is not far from it, Kim is a perfect example of Feudalism.

Xi didn't extend his term for infinity. This is another misconception. He simply eradicated term limits. He can still be voted out. Actually, the US and China were amongst the only countries in the World to impose term limits on the top politician. The UK has no term limits for Prime Ministers (and of course, the Queen), and neither does much of Europe. Now, China has removed these term limits, but it does not make Xi President for Life, unless he is voted in, every 4 years, again.

Why do you think elected US politicians mostly have social science degrees?

Having a STEM degree is only important (in the US), if you wanted to work for a Government dept where that was important, most politicians (I would argue) do not go into politics with an intent on working for a scientific Government department, but working their way up the ranks of being a politician. A social science is a good way to obtain knowledge on debating/appealing to groups.

When you learn psychology, you can play the game of psychology, for example.