Racist Korean comments to article on Asian hate crimes

• An article on Daum news appeared today covering a recent incident on a NYC subway where an Asian man was thrown into the train tracks, and apparently this happened before. The article made no mention of race yet as can be predicted the comments are very sarcastic or outright racist, and yes some are using the n-word. You can translate on your own.

It goes to show that despite people claiming we are living in the internet age and everyone can get educated, ignorance is independent of knowledge. You can go to college and learn all kinds of things, yet still be ignorant. Like the people who refuse to take the vaccine. And moreover, it goes to show that CA incidents in kpop are a drop in an ocean of ignorance. Some people consider it a "victory" when an idol apologizes for a CA incident but then who knows if they truly learn their lesson or just "dances" (in the metaphysical way) for their audience that they are educated now, but then back home continues to be ignorant.

https://news.v.daum.net/v/20210525101611307

• My opinion... I think Korea is more racist than the U.S.

That's actually painfully wrong. America was built on colonialism, genocide and slavery. Korea suffered from those things. Yes, Koreans have a long way to go but in comparison to US it's like comparing an ant to a dragon.

• That's actually painfully wrong. America was built on colonialism, genocide and slavery. Korea suffered from those things. Yes, Koreans have a long way to go but in comparison to US it's like comparing an ant to a dragon.

I'm sorry but don't bring history into context here. Yes, historically the United States was very racist but U.S. has improved. Yes, there are still racist people in the United States here today but proportionally, I still believe Korea is more racist. The audacity to even say such profanity in the comment section is uncalled for and rarely witnessed in the U.S.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• I'm sorry but don't bring history into context here. Yes, historically the United States was very racist but U.S. has improved. Yes, there are still racist people in the United States here today but proportionally, I still believe Korea is more racist. The audacity to even say such profanity in the comment section is uncalled for and rarely witnessed in the U.S.

Again, racist comment are bad but it's a drop in a bucket. In Korea there aren't racist militias, there's no KKK. In America there are entire white supremacist sites and forums that aren't yet shut down. Racism is America is systematic, intuitional and ingrained in society. Koreans have their own prejudice yet it focus more on ethnic pride rather than superiority or inferiority of races.

• n was the last time you heard about an Asian guy killing someone out of racial ha

Guns aren't the only things that kill.

If Korea's more racist than the U.S., you'd see much, much more than just racist comments online or hesitant behavior at Korean stores.

I don't like seeing minorities being pitched against each other.

It's racial prejudice, that's still racism...

First of all, Korea isn't a diverse country... it's very homogeneous...

So comparing the killings just isn't reasonable...

• One's a diverse country. The other is homogeneous. You said it yourself.

So, with all due respect, why make the comparison? It does nothing productive.

We do a lot of things that are not productive, such as spending time on AKP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!