Posts by troye22

tbh, the only try hard thing about it were the MV's imo

the songs themselves were really good (in general, not just for a debut) & each time i hear their old/first songs im surprised how incredible their music was from the beginning. haven't seen a group with such a strong debut (song).

ps; i forgot to mention their performances, it was clear that they were made for the stage..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

making history, as usual.

no, but this is actually ridiculous??

HOW does one look so effortless badass & at the same time so soft??

i mean, he didn't even need the sword?? just the casual way he was walking,talking, standing, breathing was so damn hot

(sword was a very hot bonus)

excuse me while i watch this 45x again

I dont know from which fandom you are, but this really wasn't necessary. i was actually positively surprised that the comparisons between concerts stayed away (from what i saw),but guess i spoke too soon.

for everyone already making up negative assumptions; just enjoy the concert/let people enjoy the concert

the thing i didn't understand is why bh has to pay for their own performance? i think the show needs to pay the bh in order to keep the video on their channel

i saw a couple of tweets saying this too; that bh is the actual owner & that the show has to negotiated with bh to keep the performances on their channel? i don't really know what's true & i tried to look it up, but it's complicated tbh (i have no knowledge about these things), but i don't understand how they couldn't work something out to keep those performances online, one way or another.

Y’all just talking now

genuinely asking, what's so wrong with talking?

nobody is calling bh a bad company & almost everyone here is acknowledging that they have done a lot of good things for bts,

but it's normal for people to notice if, in their opinion, things changed & if they are respectful about it (which practically everyone is in this thread), it's perfectly fine to discuss it.

it's not a coincidence that many people have similar feelings about this.

At this point I wonder what BH promised the members that they resigned again. Are they satisfied with this lack of effort?

tbh it probably was a mix of many factors we won't ever really know,

although bh is lacking lately, they have done good things too, the members grew with them, they might have been promised things we won't ever know, they might have been pressured,..

but most importantly, if the members wanted to continue being bts, their only option was with bh imo

never in a million years is bh going to let the members leave with anything related to bts (trademark, song masters, stage names,..). still to this day, that's their main cash flow (with or without the members).

wow im kinda surprised the conversation is still so civil? im happy akp is a place where things like this can get discussed. i know im not very positive about bh if i post about them, but i really don't mean to villainize them.

maybe i just expected too much of them (they are still just a profit focused company) but they were very different from the rest & that's also the way they presented themselves. so to see them focus less and less on the musical aspect & the managment of their artists is just dissapointing ig

Not really unpopular. It's not just a feeling but it's quite obvious. :pepe-tea:

they do. in a financial report it was stated that they only used like 3k dollars for bts marketing the whole year. armys are doing the promotion for bts eversince, creating strategies on how to get the songs viral and how to promote to the gp. basically doing their job for them. that's why bighit should do the bare minimum and buy these rights and certifications

i was being carefull tbh, i like to make it clear that these are (just) my thoughts

i read that number somewhere too (3k-4k), but i didn't/couldn't really believe it,

it's just frustrating to see tbh

it feels like any other company would trip over themself to be able to promote bts (even if it's just a collaboration),

yet bh is taking them for granted (to some extend)?

this might be an unpopular opinion; but i get this feeling sometimes that bh knows how dedicated army is & that they will do everything they can to promote bts, so they aren't rushing to open their purse and buy these certifications/performances, or they aren't really prepared to maybe lose a bit of income & negotiated a netflix/yt deal (while other companies do)? dunno, that's just what it feels like

while i agree we should wait & see before blaming anyone, i don't really understand why you are so defensive about this?

i don't want to put words in sameera's mouth, but i don't think she meant that bh is gatekeeping them with evil intentions.

the gatekeeping is just an expected consequence of some of their actions;

for example: them creating weverse & putting pretty much everything on it (online concerts, documentaries, run! bts, bon voyage,..) instead on some more accesible platform (youtube, netflix) like other acts do, is actually gatekeeping them from potential new fans. while this method is probably more profitable for them, a lot of gp & newer fans don't know about weverse/how it works. im not saying they are monsters for doing this or anything, but it does limit the potential reach bts could have had.

also, putting bts' mv on their own channel seems just logical?

edit: on bts' channel i meant

edit 2; bh has more than enough money to buy these rights (and the certifications), there might be another reason why they wont, but it's not the lack of money (some of these certifications are from way before the pandemic)

well, i guess we can't do anything but just wait & see what's gonna happen.

maybe they will be back before we know it?

i really hope it bc those weren't just very precious to army, they were genuinely important to attract new fans.

yes, army is big, but attracting gp is only positive.

for example; we will have more support next time we want to give the boys a #1 on the hot100 with a korean song

that's why i said that i want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they will still buy it (but im slightly on the fence about it, this happened with black swan before & while i don't really know why it went back up, i don't think it was bc of bh buying the rights)

also, although some people are going straight to attacking bh, there's nothing wrong in questioning what's happening. these were important & precious performances

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so, i checked & its true.. i want to give bh the benefit of the doubt and wait (maybe they will still buy the rights),

but i don't understand what they are doing? these performances were gp magnets?

im sure they got some sort of offer to buy them before they were removed/privated

what are you guys' thoughts?

The 4 over 500M that aren't BTS are:

Big Bang - MADE

BLACKPINK - Square UP

BLACKPINK - Kill This Love

BLACKPINK - The Album

well, this thread is getting heated

I can only say that bts are far far ahead of any group (no matter your reasoning),

but i do think it's noteworthy that the only 4 album statistics "coming closer" to them are 3/4 from the same group...

This shows kpop really isn't as global/western as many believe & social media is really skewing peoples view of what groups are globally popular.

I like 연이용이 패밀리, Yeon and Yong Family. Cute little Korean family who react to BTS. I also enjoy FreeAction.

these are the korean reactors i watch too & also 리브 'Livv_Reaction w/Mom

I agree with this. You should just enjoy watching whatever content you want, but always feel free to ask around. Just dont let others shape your fandom experience for you, and your happiness comes first so just enjoy 😊🤗

seeing the list of most mentioned reactors here, there are enough (pretty) genuine ones.

you just have to watch & you'll soon find the ones who you think are the most genuine/fun.