Posts by perrotusa

Twice will chart on BB hot100 for sure this round. They have been gaining streams from US and chance are if they go with something that isnt cute, the west gonna react positively to it.

But i do think they are going DTNA style since it is a summer release. DTNA is their best performing song after Cheer Up

They definetly have a big chance, will be interesting and yes DTNA is by far their 2nd best perfoming song in SK, going with a song like this could hit big.

About TWICE, it seems like they're going back to a bright summer concept(a la DTNA) so they could actually do well. I believe ICSM was a major underperformance mainly because of their concept change, if they return to a bright concept then there's a chance they could be a force again with the right song and promotion.

Not to mention this has been one of, if not, their longest hiatus since FS-M&M, so clearly there's some hype. At the end of the day, it depends on the song. We all saw how Red Velvet had 3 back to back underperformances, but then became a force again with Psycho.

ICSM is their best perfoming song since Fancy, a bright concept like fancy could hit really big.

Also this is their second longest hiatus cause FS was in september and ICSM was in october.

This may be a reach, but icsm being their biggest song internationally so far, twice have a shot at hot 100 or at least bubbling under. (Cry for me with no mv was like 12th on bubbling under). We saw how Dynamite rose after the #1 news and it could happend again with Twice if they enter.

The options seem to be well received for a brief period then quickly falling off and ultimately being unmemorable, or poorly received and struggling to stay on the chart. If they do anything besides that, it will be their best performance in over 2 years.

im thinking a fancy type of performance is possible but with a good song and rather good promotion (variety show)

Correct me if im wrong, ICSM initially didnt reach that ULs. It only started to rise after promotion and eventually reached 250k. So in my opinion, it might not chart well initially which will be bad for them IF there's heavy competition like now. People have so many songs to check on and listen to. The viral songs and digimon will have the advantage

i understand but its a reach lol, lets just wait for the song to be released before making complicated predictions. Teasers should give us a good idea of the concept and this can help us to get an idea on how it will chart.

I think it highly depends on competition.

If there are big names / digimons releasing around same time, dont think Twice can make it to top10.

Like now, i dont think Twice stands a chance at top10, not even top20

You shouldnt underrate twice that much. ICSM peaked with 250k uls at a time where ULs were extremely low.

Having 250k right now would make them 11th on Melon and considering ULs in general are higher rn, they could reach around 280k and chart top 8.

Thinking they dont hold a chance at top 20 is riddiculous honestly

im curious of how twice's comeback wilk chart.

Assuming i'll have the begging m&m had (both after a long hiatus, in summer) and thats its an actually good song i think it can do very well.

Icsm just left melon top 100 after 25- 26 weeks (?) which is not bad and just shy of WIL longevity

Hoping they pull a dtna rather than a m&m both on charts and music wise!

I don't always take album sales to be a measure of fandom in SK. A lot of album sales come from outside. But gidle does have a good enough fanbase both in Korea and outside. Even last year in award show voting they had high votes.

yup and Hwaa has 68k which is 10k more than ICSM

Global 200 (Those in red are still charting)

1. Dynamite - 31 weeks (since chart creation)
    2. HYLT/Baby Shark - 30 weeks (HYLT dropped off last week and re-charted this week)
    3. Life Goes On - 20 weeks
    4. I Can’t Stop Me - 15 weeks
    5. Ice Cream/Lovesick Girls - 14 weeks
    6. Boy With Luv - 8 weeks

Global 200 Excl US (Those in red are still charting)

1. Dynamite/HYLT - 31 weeks (since chart creation)
    2. Baby Shark - 30 weeks
    3. Boy With Luv - 28 weeks
    4. Lovesick Girls - 25 weeks
    5. I Can’t Stop Me - 23 weeks
    6. Ice Cream - 22 weeks
    7. Life Goes On - 20 weeks

UPDATED!

Suprised ICSM did better in the US than LSG if we base ourselves from global 200

Female soloist (not including IU ofc) are doing really bad right now except for Rosé.

Wendy is out of top 100, Wheein is in top 90 and all signs points to her falling today, Sumni is already at 88 and Jessi at 79. Despite entering top 10, Hyuna is already at 74...

Joy started of well but fell 10 spots in like 4 hours, Rosé is the only one saving the batch.

Maria seems to have stabilized in the top 80, im excited to see if she'll manage to chart for a whole year.

Not Joy's new OST smashing lmao

I believe her previous OST 'Introduce Me A Good Person' was one of the best performing OSTs last year. This one is an OST for a pretty popular mention, so I'm not surprised it's doing well.

Most of the webtoon OSTs tend to either have horrible longevity(look at Lee Hi for example) or do really well longevity wise(look at Love Day, Slightly Tipsy, etc).

Actually interested to see if Joy will have another hit OST on her hands, this one literally FLEW up to #36(which is where it's at right now).

It keeps falling every update, hoping i'll stabilize like Jessi did after falling a lot.

I wonder why davichi is doing so well but acts like akmu, epik high etc flopped? Guess people really weren't vibing with new music at one point.

no promotion maybe? not sure, we saw songs rise by a lot despite falling a lot on the 2nd day like ICSM for example. The difference is that instead of rising back with promotions, they kept falling.

still so suprised how Jannabi, Paul Kim, Akmu, epik high all flopped terrribly

How can we check the ranking of songs On melon outside top100

You can only see the daily top 1000, not real time.

Assuming this is about Stayc from your pfp, ASAP debuted at 118 with 58k uls, not bad at all.

So bad debuted at 342 with 25k uls and peaked at 200 two weeks later so ASAP is already doing better.

Managed to outdo Feel Special and More&More, still disappointing performance overall

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.